Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On that note, Influencers begging for freebies under the guise of 'asking for recommendations' absolutely boils my piss.

There's one spoiled little madam that lives not far from me and she's just bought a house and a brand new super expensive luxury car (bragging that she paid for it herself, but I suspect daddy dearests credit card had something to do with it) and she put up a box on her Instagram stories asking for recommendations of household appliances. It was so clearly a beg for companies to gift her all of their latest and fanciest appliances for her brand new house.

It really pissed me off because if she can afford such a luxury car and the mortgage on a brand new fancy property, then I'm damn sure she can afford to buy her own bloody washing machine.

Reactions: 27
When people post about a night out with their partner and write 'Dinner with this one' or 'movies with this one'. Makes me irrationally annoyed.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
When people post a picture but it’s a screenshot of the picture with the edit buttons on it still. Why don’t they just post the original picture? Is there a reason? I really truly want to know why this happens.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Speaking of “considerably richer than yow” posts (you may not get this reference if you’re under 35 🤣) there’s a mum I know from school and her house is MASSIVE. Every year she posts a photo of their Christmas tree, and I swear to god, it’s 15 feet tall. It’s the sort of tree you’d usually expect to find in a shopping mall, not a house.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Inspired from the MLM thread - people who post a carefully staged photo with a cutesy set-up (laptop, cup of coffee/tea is a must) and a scenic view with the caption 'This is my office xxx' or some other I'm better than you type drivel
You forgot the 'PM me for the opportunity to live like me' aka; be my downline and share my debts!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Inspired from the MLM thread - people who post a carefully staged photo with a cutesy set-up (laptop, cup of coffee/tea is a must) and a scenic view with the caption 'This is my office xxx' or some other I'm better than you type drivel
I always laugh at WFH set ups where the laptop is just on the desk with no charger plugged in, no laptop riser, no monitor, no wireless keyboard or mouse and a crappy "stylish chair" with no neck support that would just end up hurting your back after a day of working. Like wow you have a poor ergonomic set up, fair to you!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
On that note, Influencers begging for freebies under the guise of 'asking for recommendations' absolutely boils my piss.

There's one spoiled little madam that lives not far from me and she's just bought a house and a brand new super expensive luxury car (bragging that she paid for it herself, but I suspect daddy dearests credit card had something to do with it) and she put up a box on her Instagram stories asking for recommendations of household appliances. It was so clearly a beg for companies to gift her all of their latest and fanciest appliances for her brand new house.

It really pissed me off because if she can afford such a luxury car and the mortgage on a brand new fancy property, then I'm damn sure she can afford to buy her own bloody washing machine.
Omg YES!!!
Who are you kidding??
Do they think we’re stupid?
they ask for recommendations just because they know businesses will eventually watch their stories and take the chance to gift them something!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When people have a cold and they upload a box of lempsip, the lempsip in a mug & pack of paracetomal with the caption "my weekend" with the 🤒 emoji

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Omg YES!!!
Who are you kidding??
Do they think we’re stupid?
they ask for recommendations just because they know businesses will eventually watch their stories and take the chance to gift them something!
It really gets me so angry how they have the audacity to so openly beg for stuff they could easily pay for. It's no wonder they all have so much money to afford the fancy cars and big houses, cause they pay for duck all else!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It really gets me so angry how they have the audacity to so openly beg for stuff they could easily pay for. It's no wonder they all have so much money to afford the fancy cars and big houses, cause they pay for duck all else!
Exactly they barely even pay for their food these days

Reactions: 6
Amateur lawyers/GDPR experts - the ones who pipe up with 'THATS A GDPR BREACH/ IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO TAKE KIDS PHOTOS' when someone shares a video of kids chucking stones at a bus, or doing a wheelie while weaving in between cars, or Ring doorbell footage of something being nicked.

Likewise the comedians who post ah boys will be boys on that stuff, and start reminiscing about in how back in the day all kids did this, before the fun police got involved :rolleyes:

Let's also add over zealous/ inconsistent moderators on your local FB groups. it's ok to be a misogynist, sexist, disablist or racist (or all 4 at once), but if you use the word tit you get a 7 day mute because swearing is banned.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know will this be unpopular but I can't stand seeing people repost happy birthday posts from their friend's insta stories to their own stories. It seems very cringe and narcissistic to me? "looks at all the people who said happy birthday to me!!!". I have a friend who gets angry at me each year because I say happy birthday to her privately and she outright gets pissy that I don't make a post for her. It's so bizarre to me.
Especially when there 40 of them. Yawn

Reactions: 5
Anything to do with caterpillar cakes and retailers' names for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Anything to do with caterpillar cakes and retailers' names for them.
Oh god yes!
But also to add, that certain retailers are indeed breaching trademark/copywrite, and their massive gaslighting about it, isn't one bit amusing to me.

Reactions: 7
Antivaxxers
People accusing others of being ‘covidiots’
Girls I know posting cute little ‘stay home’ emoji sticker thingies but they were going to lockdown parties and meeting Tinder randoms

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.