Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it may just be the area where I live that this happens, not sure if I have heard it elsewhere. But when people use “your” instead of “you’ll” e.g “your be ok”

DRIVES ME INSANE

• Wow
Reactions: 17
The standard of spelling and grammar on Facebook is atrocious. I don’t understand how some can get to their early 30s and not understand the difference between your and you’re.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
The standard of spelling and grammar on Facebook is atrocious. I don’t understand how some can get to their early 30s and not understand the difference between your and you’re.
And their, there and they’re. As well as our and are. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Prat’s that think there entitled to forget about those that supported them online and once they’ve enough “fame” to grow and ego charge for their content, how full of your own self importantance do you have to be to charge for a video about your life

Reactions: 6
I think it may just be the area where I live that this happens, not sure if I have heard it elsewhere. But when people use “your” instead of “you’ll” e.g “your be ok”

DRIVES ME INSANE
My friend writes “your’ll”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Or his instead of he’s. “His had the best day at school” “his done so well” 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
When people talk about making content for their instagram, why can't people just go out anymore and have a nice day 🤦🏼‍♀️ puts me of using instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When people talk about making content for their instagram, why can't people just go out anymore and have a nice day 🤦🏼‍♀️ puts me of using instagram.
I love posting pics on Instagram but don't give my Instagram id to anyone as can't be arsed with it, as in friends and family etc nah just take pics and sid the rest.
It's like taking pics of your lunch out or drinks night gotta have pic of the drinks, okay be better with the full table of empties after maybe 😂

Reactions: 2
A post on a local freebie page I’m in this morning, asking to be considered for a hoover but one that isn’t too old and has the anti hair wrap brush.

That’s not someone who’s genuinely just in need of a hoover, it’s someone chancing it because they don’t want to pay the money for one!

Reactions: 7
I love posting pics on Instagram but don't give my Instagram id to anyone as can't be arsed with it, as in friends and family etc nah just take pics and sid the rest.
It's like taking pics of your lunch out or drinks night gotta have pic of the drinks, okay be better with the full table of empties after maybe 😂
Don't get me wrong I'm all for photos and I love the memories to look back on but when the word 'content' is constantly used I find it very cringey. I donno maybe I'm getting old 😂

Reactions: 6
I agree with this. There’s a girl in our social group who we love dearly, but we’ll go out somewhere, either in a group or one on one, and her phone is NEVER out of her hand. Every drink, every morsel of food, every nice looking tree or field or canal or dog we might walk past, it’s all seen through the screen of her iPhone and posted to social media rather than being enjoyed in the moment.

Sometimes I do feel like saying FFS just put your phone in your bag for 10 minutes and enjoy our company instead of us all having to duck and dive out of the way of your 25th boomerang of the night. We just want to eat our food, not have our picture taken every 2 minutes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People who are STILL sharing screenshots from websites which look particularly shady about how covid isn't real and the government are trying to control us. duck off.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Don't get me wrong I'm all for photos and I love the memories to look back on but when the word 'content' is constantly used I find it very cringey. I donno maybe I'm getting old 😂
Nah you ain't don't be silly. I get what you say, too much "look at this" yeah okay nice Sunday lunch in the pub!
I have to say I hate seeing the Starbucks and Costa drinks - Starbucks run! Wonderful congrats you went to Starbucks/Costa 👏👏👏

Reactions: 9
I am sick to death of do gooders/glory seekers. Oh today I found someone's rubbish and picked it up or I hope the lady who fell is OK, I was the only person that helped or does anyone know this person I found their bank card! Then its the replies to these posts: you are such an amazing person, thank you so much for being so kind blah blah blah. Haha it winds me up

Reactions: 18
I am sick to death of do gooders/glory seekers. Oh today I found someone's rubbish and picked it up or I hope the lady who fell is OK, I was the only person that helped or does anyone know this person I found their bank card! Then its the replies to these posts: you are such an amazing person, thank you so much for being so kind blah blah blah. Haha it winds me up
Yes- its all things most of us would do as a matter of course, not something special or unusual

Reactions: 10
"There was a big crash on North Road today, does anyone know what happened? Is everyone ok?"

Nosy buggars on local groups who just want the gossip. Grim when some people might be seriously injured.

Reactions: 12
Or 'to' and 'too'

Also ' their ' and 'there' is beyond some people.

Reactions: 10
"There was a big crash on North Road today, does anyone know what happened? Is everyone ok?"

Nosy buggars on local groups who just want the gossip. Grim when some people might be seriously injured.
I unfortunately saw one of these today and it was along the lines of “why are there ambulances at the golf club? What’s going on? Hope everyone is okay?” And a man had sadly passed away. But then people were starting to name him on there! The comments with his name on then got deleted as people had rightly pointed out that family may not know.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.