Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adults getting gifts for Easter...actual gifts in addition to bleeping eggs. It’s bleeping ridiculous. Then #imsolucky

• Haha
Reactions: 26
One that's made me a bit angry this year is people posting their Easter Egg hunts in local parks (due to restrictions I'm assuming) I know the eggs wouldn't have been left long in their hiding places, but any dogs coming along for a walk could easily snarf one down. By all means do that sort of thing in your own back garden, but it's a bit cheeky to commandeer a public space in such a way.

Reactions: 20
Sick of seeing Be Kind and if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all, my personality doesn’t work like that I am afraid 😱

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
A lot of people who jumped on the Be Kind bandwagon are massive cunts. I do literally be dumbstruck by some people’s lack of self awareness when they are posting all these positive mental health quotes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I get the hospitality business has to get customers back in but even pre covid I’ve never understood the win a meal for two by tagging 6 people in the comments competitions.
Also I’m glad Easter is coming to a close I don’t know what I’m more sick of the 50 Easter egg per child photos or the people giving it the my child is missing out on Easter because there’s none left in the shops basically hinting for someone to give them one of theirs, I get people have stuff on but they’ve been in the shops since Christmas Eve.

Reactions: 14
I get the hospitality business has to get customers back in but even pre covid I’ve never understood the win a meal for two by tagging 6 people in the comments competitions.
Also I’m glad Easter is coming to a close I don’t know what I’m more sick of the 50 Easter egg per child photos or the people giving it the my child is missing out on Easter because there’s none left in the shops basically hinting for someone to give them one of theirs, I get people have stuff on but they’ve been in the shops since Christmas Eve.
Close up photos of people's roast dinners make me heave most of the time, they rarely look tasty! All the christmas/easter mashups wore thin too.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why everything is so over the top. I survived two pregnancies and didn’t need a baby shower, gender reveal party with even more bought stuff, balloon arches, overload of personalised everything, seeing pictures of peoples food and their takeaway, people who use social media instead of google, those “for my birthday I’m asking everyone to donate.....” posts - I wasn’t even gonna get you anything you’ll get a text like everyone else, seeing constant tags on everything especially when you are a nobody and tagging Tesco like they care that Debbie from Dagenham loves their ready meal lasagne, what everyone gets from starbucks I could go on and on.

I love social media for sharing experiences and opinions but it’s all Braggy over the top fake rubbish showing me your dinner on a Thursday night and comments of “delicious” ...can’t bear it

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Posts about everyone ‘flaunting’ the lockdown rules. It’s flouting, FLOUTING you eejits 🙄😊

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Mums using their daughters as fashion accessories, with all the matching outfits and constant posing for mirror selfies.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Mums using their daughters as fashion accessories, with all the matching outfits and constant posing for mirror selfies.
If I tried to make my daughters match me (not that I would) they would tell me to beat it. It's just a weird trend and one I don't understand. Either the Mum is dressing like a child, or the kid is dressing too old for their age. Either way, it's weird.

Reactions: 13
Sick of seeing Be Kind and if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all, my personality doesn’t work like that I am afraid 😱
Be Kind my arse, that went out of the window when there was a bog roll shortage. That's my reply!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
People who post about relatives Birthdays like it's an award speech. It's normally like "Would like to wish my fabulous Aunt Gertrude a wonderful birthday. The most kind, warm, beautiful person you could ever wish me meet. A proud niece right here!" etc. Then of course the collage of awkward looking selfies from over the years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
People who post about relatives Birthdays like it's an award speech. It's normally like "Would like to wish my fabulous Aunt Gertrude a wonderful birthday. The most kind, warm, beautiful person you could ever wish me meet. A proud niece right here!" etc. Then of course the collage of awkward looking selfies from over the years.
Oh my that is totally vomit inducting!!

Reactions: 11
People who film themselves tidying up their kids crap for a story or reel on IG, in stoopid fast motion. NO ONE CARES YOU’VE TIDIED UP!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
People who film themselves tidying up their kids crap for a story or reel on IG, in stoopid fast motion. NO ONE CARES YOU’VE TIDIED UP!!!
Or how bad the state of bathroom or bedroom was and show off this product or that product and magic click of the fingers a wonderful clean and clear room. Ah go f off!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The ones that get me are the " so-and-so ( who died in 1987, or something) would be 129 today". , with a picture of some old twot no fucker can remember.

No, they wouldnt. Theyd be dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.