Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not been on this thread in a while so I have a *list*
Post on the 'local' fb group last night (which I am purely part of to laugh at everyone) a van was going around, must be nicking stuff. Looked FoRiN, must be up to no good. Within 3 comments it was deducted it was the scrap man and he'd got a new van. We always must point out that they look Easter European or the like because that makes people angry. Despite the fact the driver is firmly sat in the drivers seat, driving, and all said poster has is a grainy CCTV image

I will say and say it again, the judgement placed upon women based on what they wear/how they look. Been on TikTok a lot (again, something people are shamed for for no reason) and it's full of boys (not men) commenting on videos of young girls saying they would be nothing without makeup. Why are people so obsessed with seeing girls without makeup. And no, 'you look better without makeup' is not the compliment you think it is. Similarly comments on someone's video who may be overweight (or not in some cases) ridiculing them about what they are eating or giving them unsolicited 'tips' on how to lose weight but when it's a video of someone slimmer, all they get is compliments.

'Back in my day' post about 1952. Brenda I do not give a duck babe. This is 2021 now, live in 2021. I don't care if you didn't have the internet then, the internet exists now. Get over it

Comments on pictures of 'bigger' girl calling them brave or 'admiring their confidence' for wearing shorts when it was 25 degrees out. It's not necessary and, again, not the compliment you think it is.

Molly-Mae (Love Islander and Fiat 500 Twitter goddess) was recently found by the ASA to be breaking advertising laws. You can look it up if you want, I won't go into it here. Her mob of fans decided that the reason they made that ruling was because the winner was black or that the ASA was jealous because they didn't win. The ASA!

Reactions: 12
Clicky women on social media that put patronising comments on each other’s posts that others read as nice but some see for what they really are
It’s very popular with the older generation against the younger, I don’t know if it’s because there insecure or arseholes or both
I’ve not noted men doing it just women

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The obsession with the moon?
Might just be who I follow but they're all obsessed with the bleedin moon!
Their Twitter display names/bios go something like:
"Moon sis"
"Moon enthusiast"
It's pretty but I'm not going to make it one of my personality traits????
Ha someone on Facebook is forever taking photos of the moon but they look like they’ve been taken on a house phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Every kid in Insta being referred to as a wildling, wild, child of the wild etc etc

Reactions: 11
Clicky women on social media that put patronising comments on each other’s posts that others read as nice but some see for what they really are
It’s very popular with the older generation against the younger, I don’t know if it’s because there insecure or arseholes or both
I’ve not noted men doing it just women
Yes 🙌🏻 It’s like some women just can’t let it be anyone else’s ‘time’ they go all out to take the shine off. Sad.

Reactions: 3
I really don't get people posting memories on Facebook, as in a post from years ago, not actual happy memories. I can sort of see the sense if it's a special day or moment, a really nice picture even, but, I see some people sharing these memories and it's some crappy meme, or one of those passive aggressive wordy quotes.

The photos from the original post are there in the person's photo album, so why repost them a year later? I don't get it at all lol!
Or when they post the memory and tag their partner 'remember this babe?'. Just talk and show the memory to your babe who's sitting right next to you on the crushed velvet sofa.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
At Christmas “To you and yours, from me and mine”

duck OFF

Also for their kids first birthday “One whole year of loving you”

ALSO duck OFF

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Off topic/on topic - I hate Easter eggs, they are the worst tasting chocolates.
(Unless you go for pricey ones, which I can do without too).
If you want Snickers, buy a Snickers bar - why spend £5 on a box containing inferior hollow chocolate egg and 2 Snickers and a wordsearch on the back.

To make it On topic 😜 no one cares about your child's Easter egg Hunt. Just enjoy it with your own family!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I love this thread
Use of ........ after writing a sentence
why do it
Normally the person is trying to insinuate your lying or their being superior and they just come across as idiots

Reactions: 4
New to the forum (slightly obsessed) I used to really enjoy social media but it's driving me insane these days. So much fake, pointless crap. I'm all for people making money doing what the like but it's getting ridiculous. 20 stories a day about pyramid schemes. Each one edited to duck to show of their perfect lifes are and how much money they make from their amazing overpriced products.

Reactions: 12
People who go into months with kids ages when the children are old enough to be counted in years - they don't have a four and a half year old they have a 54 month old.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Not been on this thread in a while so I have a *list*
Post on the 'local' fb group last night (which I am purely part of to laugh at everyone) a van was going around, must be nicking stuff. Looked FoRiN, must be up to no good. Within 3 comments it was deducted it was the scrap man and he'd got a new van. We always must point out that they look Easter European or the like because that makes people angry. Despite the fact the driver is firmly sat in the drivers seat, driving, and all said poster has is a grainy CCTV image
Sick of seeing this, scrap men constantly being accused of being thieves or dognappers because they're foreign. :rolleyes: Seems to be happening in every neighbourhood group I'm in at the moment.

Also sick of pictures of dog tit tbh. I get it's annoying and gross but you can say it without showing me an image. :sick:

Reactions: 11
New to the forum (slightly obsessed) I used to really enjoy social media but it's driving me insane these days. So much fake, pointless crap. I'm all for people making money doing what the like but it's getting ridiculous. 20 stories a day about pyramid schemes. Each one edited to duck to show of their perfect lifes are and how much money they make from their amazing overpriced products.
Welcome and vent away!
I love this, just put what is pissing you off it's great! It's like therapy 😁

Reactions: 3
Post like 'How did me and this one raise this beautiful little human' 'From nights out on the last together to building our home together'

As if they're some quirky couple and their whole life is a rom-com,

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
My boy done good and a photo of some LV bag or Balenciga trainers and the latest IPhone. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Those posts of a girl taking a selfie then she tags 85 of her Facebook friends in it. The first line is always "if I tagged you, don't let me down" I don't bother reading the rest. Some rubbish about building each other up. Yawn 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Taking pics of her and her husband's hand holding over the table with their coffees or whatever drinks strategically placed around.

Girl, I know for a fact that you've went through 50 frames, edited, cropped and captioned that tit to within an inch of its life. Don't act like your drink didn't go cold while you were trying to capture "the moment".

One of my old friends do this and sadly I can't unfollow her without it becoming some kind of a statement, so I'm stuck with muting her arse and occasionally checking to see what they get up to, so I won't be entirely oblivious when she is bound to ask me if I've seen something they've posted. Why is Instagram another social situation which I have to navigate, let me live :poop:

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.