Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When someone announces their pregnancy and then their mate comments saying 'OMMMGGG IT'S FINALLY OUT THE BAAAAAGGG💙💖💙💖💙' Ooh well done you knew before the official announcement, you're so ✨special✨
People announcing pregnancies in general.

Reactions: 20
Someone I know has a very wholesome Insta, full of pics of her kids and the wholesome things they do...

Except every couple of months she’ll post a random thirst pic of her boobs... albeit clothed 🤣

It’s always worded so innocently, like “Found this top in a charity shop” (charity shop keeps it wholesome) but it’s just a selfie of her torso, no face, and her massive breasts. It’s so weird!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Whenever there is a spell of warm weather and people post pics of the temperature on their car dashboard showing something ridiculous like 38 degrees. Idiots, you've just got into a mobile greenhouse, once you've been driving around a bit it will display the true temperature of 23 degrees!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
New to this thread, this may have been mentioned.

When someone’s lost their keys, cat, kid whatever and underneath there are loads of posts saying

shared Partick
shared Niddrie
shared Clydebank

and so on

It’s the bleeping Internet it’s shared everywhere you clown.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Add-on for people who overuse 'sociopath' and 'narcissist' to describe people they don't particularly get along with. As someone who's met a fair few real narcissists, and had friends who've experienced abuse at the hands of people like that, it reduces a terrifying concept to a cheap Twitter buzzword, and ironically often contributes to the poster's victim narrative!
Add on, people 'diagnosing' others as having Borderline Personality Disorder because they dont like them.

I have been diagnosed as having BPD and its soul destroying seeing everyone from Katie Price to Prince Harry supposedly have it.

Also, the way the people 'diagnose' others with BPD in a negative way. We are not nasty people, we are actually extremely loving and loyal. And just because someone is a bleep it doesnt automatically mean they have BPD

• Heart
Reactions: 18
People who are looking for someone on Facebook and ask on community pages for info on them/contact details etc. Why ask random people who live in the same town to share someone's personal details on the Internet who might not even want to get in contact with the person trying to track them down.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People who are looking for someone on Facebook and ask on community pages for info on them/contact details etc. Why ask random people who live in the same town to share someone's personal details on the Internet who might not even want to get in contact with the person trying to track them down.
It concerns me that the person looking for someone is either a stalker or an unhinged ex.

Reactions: 7
Sorry if these ones have already been said:

-when people announce they are having a clear out of Facebook friends. You don’t actually need to announce it, just do it. Most people don’t actually care
-when people put cryptic Facebook statuses up, leading to people commenting “what’s up hun, inbox me”.
-people “checking” themselves into hospital or A and E.
-statuses in which the poster asks other people not to ask them to like their posts. (Does that actually happen if you’re an adult?).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
MLM’s, wax melts, everything being labelled with vinyl labels, people selling sweet bags/boxes, people doing videos of packaging orders. Covid conspiracy theories.

Reactions: 22
Seeing everyone’s new nails after the salons reopened. I just don’t get the fuss around having your nails done😴

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Seeing everyone’s new nails after the salons reopened. I just don’t get the fuss around having your nails done😴
And their newly manicured nailed hand holding their first alcoholic drink in the beer garden 😂

People on Facebook who ask does anyone know if the chemist is open, what time Asda is open, can you order online at a certain retailer, what date is the May bank holiday, what date is Father’s Day etc. You’re on your phone with the entire internet at your fingertips. Google it for goodness sake and stop filling my newsfeed with your crap.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
girls on Instagram who think their boyfriend is the hottest thing on earth and want to keep them secret so tag them as ‘youwish’ or ‘nottodayhun’ on their photos. witch I was just wanting to be nosey 😂
They always turn out to be absolute mingers too 😂 it's like they're embarrassed to admit who they're going out with!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One of my friends has started flogging fake perfume (made by the same people that make Chanel, Dior etc - yeah right 🙄) and every single update is about the bloody stuff and how great it is. I bought a bottle to be supportive and it brought me out in a rash
and smelt like old lady perfume by Yardley. Definitely not mistaken for Miss Dior.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Lots of those now the salons are open again!

The Primark (and other shops) hauls from going out shopping. I don't care you got a bag of tat love!
Oh don't get me started on the Zara or Boohoo haul. All the wannabees Influencers were doing this before now its gonna be all over again. Urgh

I have no idea why, but it really annoys me when people do that claw thing with their hand to show off the new nails.
Obsessed 🙄

Reactions: 2
Influencers showing how they do their hair with latest hairdryer, the hot hairbrush or whatever it's called and of course the rip off version of the Dyson hair wrap. Yep you too can hair like mine, wonderful 🙄🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.