Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mycuppatea

The Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Sinking sand

Killer bees

That I might just be in someone's dream, not a real person

Nuclear War (I'm old and grew up in the Cold War era)

Reactions: 2

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The sound when someone would get a question wrong on who wants to be a millionaire with that aggressive green flashing 😩

I was obsessed with the show when I was a kid but used to cower behind the couch when this happened! 😂
The suspense when they chose they answer was quite scary. Even scarier though was the PlayStation game for you mainly just had Chris Tarrant’s voice. There were some pre-recorded clips and his face would freeze after you chose your answer for it had to load the right answer/wrong answer reaction.

Yolo_polo

Volcano’s 🙈 I used to have recurring dreams about lava running down my street and being trapped in my house. I was so upset when my mum and dad booked a family holiday to Tenerife I was sure there would be an eruption and we would die 🤣

Bae56

An episode of a long lost CITV British mini-series, titled The Frighteners. The episode was set in Victorian times I believe and centered on a little girl finding fairies at the bottom of her garden. Gradually, the fairies turned evil and the episode ended with the fairy's distorted face superimposed onto the mother (I think!) laughing maniacally. This episode aired in 1997. To this day, I have never been able to find it again, at the time I remember being extremely freaked out!!
This must be the same thing that creeped me out. I cant remember the ending with the face but I remember the fairies were hungry and they bit the girl, she had to feed them sausages. I spent about a week planning how I would have to deal with said fairies if I ever came across them 😂

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I might be making this up or reliving a nightmare but I'm sure there was an advert warning women to be careful when ironing 🤣 and at the end was a closeup of a 'dead' doll on the floor with a singed, bashed-in head 😱
I remember this! Absolutely terrifying.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
OMG someone else who remembers that game! The gatekeeper 😂 Xmas 1992/3 memories.My memories of that are him saying ‘bring me the old one’ and the oldest person playing had to come close to the TV screen and the gatekeeper’s face would decompose or something
Was that were you had to stare him out? All i remember was him calling you little maggot all the way through and slowly aging as the game progressed.

I was terrifed of Jaws(or George as i called it) more so the music. My sister would play the theme when i was in the bath and id freak out. Also wave machines at the swimming pool definitely had sharks in it.
Hated Freddy Kruger, my uncle had a big poster on his door hewould have to cover up if i went round.
I was and still am terrifed of crabs and dark water, I hated dark slides too.
Does anyone remember the Chiller tv show? That was horrendous.

• Heart

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I used to find The Iron Man really creepy. Also, did anyone watch an animated film called Laputa? That was so weird it used to leave me feeling disturbed and I don't know why. Yet I could watch Gremlins, Critters, Evil Dead, Exorcist, Thriller etc. No problem 🤣😳

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
London’s Burning. I’ve always had a massive phobia of being trapped in a fire, so as you can imagine that scared the shit out of me.

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Does anyone remember the advert about looking both ways when crossing the road. A young boy crosses and a car sort of just appears from the road? Like it just grows from the tarmac.
That terrified me as a kid 🤮😭
Yes omg! All the road safety adverts used to really scare me. I remember if they were shown at the cinema before the film I used to cover my ears and shut my eyes 😖

Trolleydollycoffeelover

I might be making this up or reliving a nightmare but I'm sure there was an advert warning women to be careful when ironing 🤣 and at the end was a closeup of a 'dead' doll on the floor with a singed, bashed-in head 😱

Was it 'stay' by Shakespears sister? It messed me up as a youngster 😂 not helped by mum who said 'that's what the devil looks like' wtf mum
Or maybe Betty Boo as she had a bob and also did psychedelic stuff

Dancing Dave

VIP Member
Furbys - I had to watch my parents put it under the stairs at night eventually they just binned it. I was petrified.

Also, Maleficent...I still get a few shivers at my age 🤣

• Haha

Meh

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember the advert about looking both ways when crossing the road. A young boy crosses and a car sort of just appears from the road? Like it just grows from the tarmac.
That terrified me as a kid 🤮😭

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
Oooooh no 😱 or a vampire that’s in the room but not reflected! Eeek I think bedroom mirrors are meant to be bad feng shui anyway? 😂

Oh no way 🙈 my sister’s had a really frightening experience with a mirror too & it sounds like it might be similar to yours 😳
I don't even believe strongly in ghosts but that one shook me. I still say it was a trick of my mind but it didn't half feel real 😳🤣