Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
I can't think of anything at all .I hate stuff . It's just more stuff to clean and tidy up.

I prefer to waste my money eating out and on holidays I can't afford. I do really want to go to bali though and that has certainly become an obsession thanks to instas constantly showing it
I wanted to go to Bali and then I went on Google maps. I no longer wanna go :)

Wheels

Zebra pens on Brummy’s recommendation. No longer a subscriber (as she is so annoying) but still love the pens.

Cao97x

Chatty Member
Some of these are solid purchases though! I still use the concealer, naked palette, and RT brushes for my everyday makeup, and I have the Alex drawers too. I still buy Nars smudgeproof eyeshadow primer which was recommended by Ingrid (missglamorazzi, haven't followed in years) as it's the only one that works for me.
I still use all of them and repurchase as well. I try to only buy things genuine influencers talk about though rather than the ones that are basically sales reps lol

ChloChlo

VIP Member
Mrs Hinch (and I hate to say it!) elbow grease. I remember the smell as my mum must have used it growing up but I was impressed!

Tried Ava May wax melts. They were toss. Stunk of burnt wax very quickly. After trying a few from Insta and have been unimpressed, I now buy mine from a seller on eBay.

Spray mops - every cleaner account were using these at one time. Got myself a cheap one from home bargains. They are great for the bathroom.

Beaded, teething dummy clip - terrible experience with the seller. Put me off buying from Insta ever again.

Justamother

I love a wax melt and this is off topic but has anyone ordered from cushty co I have on a influencers advice and I’m so disappointed 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can’t smell a thing just makes me think it’s really all about the money!!

mRu

I love CoLab dry shampoo too! I love it even more now it can be found in home bargains 😂 I discovered it on my own tho but I’m tempted to look up Ruth crillys coz her name is on the tin I have, is she worth a follow?
I quite like her, she seems to be quite honest and chatty but she can go on a bit sometimes. She admits herself she rambles! She is really good at a make up review, even tho she probably gets all of it for free!

Caramel Latte

I bought affordable version of gold thick H&M hoops (love them)
Started pairing trousers with casual t shirts & got gold chokers cuz of zoella

m0rgan

I love a wax melt and this is off topic but has anyone ordered from cushty co I have on a influencers advice and I’m so disappointed 🤦🏻‍♀️ Can’t smell a thing just makes me think it’s really all about the money!!
Ooh I love them!! Which scent did you get, maybe it's a dud?

Aaaassdddddx

I bought an APC bag, a couple of Bella Freud jumpers and a pair of Golden Goose trainers after seeing them on Kat Farmer, skinny Levis after A Mothers Edit wore them (and have also recommended them to loads of friends), various things recommended by Little Spree, cashmere jumpers, striped tops and lots of stuff from J Crew as recommended by Wardrobe Icons, a clothes defuzzer that WearsMyMoney showed and quite a few bits and pieces that I’ve seen on various french bloggers. I never use swipe ups though and everything that I’ve ordered and kept I love and wear.

Also The Ordinary skincare possibly from The Frugality which has revolutionised my skin and quite a few bits of modern-y art (I know nothing about art other than I know what I like so that may not be a good description)
How are you finding The Ordinary. I’m keen to try! But I have combination skin

Thetruth123

VIP Member
A shitty lip plumping lipstick !!! Promised to give me Kylie Jenner lips for £25!! Did naff all ..... this was about 3 years ago ......why the hell did I want huge lips!!!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ Cringe when I think about it now lol

Rubyroo160

I was influenced a couple of years ago to buy those god awful Grenson Nanette boots. Sold them on eBay last year, was sick of the sight of them!

Senmum

‘Things influencers influenced me to buy’ I would have thought this thread would have been mostly empty !
Aren’t they mostly Using the poor to sell to the rich?

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I have a selfish mother jersey I bought at half price (NOT a mama/mother one) and it’s done me well.
Also bought some Zoflora but a bottle lasts me months.

Noseybonk

VIP Member
Loads sadly...

the good 👍🏻 - Tru Wash and Benefit mascara (Littlemissmops), folding washing basket, invisafix shower shelf, cordless handheld beldray hoover and Astonish cleaning products (all Dazlin cleaning), all 3 lynseyqueenof clean books, Thisgirlcanorganise book

the bad/pointless 👎🏻- sponge daddy and daddy caddy (dazlincleaning), pinkstuff, minky and Hinches first book (Hinch), shower plug hole hair catcher thing (sisterpledge)

Whatliesbeneath

VIP Member
When all the influencers were sponsored by iconic london and i bought the soap brow kit... bar of soap works better on my eyebrows, waste of £19

Amyx1518

VIP Member
Way back when, when the beauty gurus were just young girls with a passion for make up doing videos in their bedroom/bathrooms, I used to buy stuff in their recommendations all the time. One thing that sticks out to me, as further above, is the collection lasting perfect foundation. I can’t think of much nowadays that I wouldn’t just buy whatever brand I wanted.
I tried the pink stuff after seeing it online but thinks it’s crap!

Luna_

Collection lasting perfection concealer
Pixie skincare
Scentsy wax melts
Morphe eyeshadows
Alex drawers from ikea (they’re actually the perfect storage for my desk/makeup area)
Urban decay all nighter setting spray
Nyx makeup (I don’t think I would’ve ever tried it had I not seen it on YouTube but I love it)
Urban decay naked palettes
Real techniques brushes
Beauty blenders (I use a real techniques one but wouldn’t have ever used any of them if I hadn’t see them on social media)
Some of these are solid purchases though! I still use the concealer, naked palette, and RT brushes for my everyday makeup, and I have the Alex drawers too. I still buy Nars smudgeproof eyeshadow primer which was recommended by Ingrid (missglamorazzi, haven't followed in years) as it's the only one that works for me.

moimoi

VIP Member
Quite a few things now I think about it!

Jeffree Star cosmetics - love most of his stuff, but disappointed by his concealer, find it runs out really fast

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base - J* always raves about it, but failing to see how amazing it is, no different to any other primer just more expensive (luckily used a giftcard)

Morphe setting spray after seeing influencers go mad over it - find it better than Urban Decay which does nothing for me

Recently bought a Shark 🙈 and I love it

Bought into the Minkys and Zoflora fad - still love a bit of Zoflora though!

Aaaassdddddx

I was influenced to buy some L’Oréal shampoo and conditioner / hair mask by Lydia Millen! Really can’t remember the name of the shampoo it was in a gold bottle. It actually make my hair feel really nice to be fair but I haven’t bought it since