Things Everyone Loves but you Hate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hugging. So social distancing is working great for me. Don’t get me wrong I hug my family and my children get lots of hugs but I don’t see the need to hug everybody else on greeting and leaving. It makes me uncomfortable. I was much happier with and elbow bump when we were allowed to do that 😂

I love actual Mexican food but am yet to find a good UK Mexican restaurant

also hate all you can eat buffets 😂 and carvery!
All you can eat buffets! I like the variety of food but the idea of eat as much as you possibly can whilst people in the world starve doesn’t sit right with me.

Reactions: 4
Oh and hen parties. Why am I forced to go out and get drunk because you found the love of your life which is then considered a test of my loyalty to you? (If you don’t go you’re scorned) Total waste of my money

Reactions: 16
Oh and hen parties. Why am I forced to go out and get drunk because you found the love of your life which is then considered a test of my loyalty to you? (If you don’t go you’re scorned) Total waste of my money
Confession time: I’ve never been to a hen party, always made my excuses.
When I got married I manage to avoid having one by telling a little white lie. I had moved away from home the year before so I told my “new” friends that I was having one back home and my old friends just assumed I was having a small one where I now lived. Result!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
- When people do that weird claw shot of their new nails. (Nobody cares)
- When influencers, YouTubers say things like "By the way, my lipstick is x,y,z by whoever - because SO many people will ask!" (Her mom probably asked. Once.)
- Angelica Oles
- Billie Eilish
- Love Island
- Lip fillers
- Contouring (looks like your face is dirty)
- Most modern music
- The Stranger (it was average, at best)
- Alcohol (tastes like vinegar to me)
- Avocado
- Peanut butter
- American chocolate 🤮
- Fat on meat
- steak

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hugging. So social distancing is working great for me. Don’t get me wrong I hug my family and my children get lots of hugs but I don’t see the need to hug everybody else on greeting and leaving. It makes me uncomfortable. I was much happier with and elbow bump when we were allowed to do that 😂

All you can eat buffets! I like the variety of food but the idea of eat as much as you possibly can whilst people in the world starve doesn’t sit right with me.
I never find the quality of food as good and there’s always stuff that’s cold 🙃

Reactions: 2
- Contouring (looks like your face is dirty)
YES.
I always say exactly that. Takes someone relatively skilled in makeup to even slightly pull it off. Thank goodness that trend has died down a bit. At its peak, in what? 2016? I was seeing dirty cheekbones all over the place. Real life and online. I always remember the YouTuber dodie making a video with some appalling contouring. It just looked... grubby... and with her baby face she reminded me of a Dickensian urchin that had just been up a chimney 😂

Sorry to single her out, there are heaps of other cases, that was just the one that made me realise not to attempt it myself due to the high risk of looking like a chimney sweep....

• Haha
Reactions: 6
YES.
I always say exactly that. Takes someone relatively skilled in makeup to even slightly pull it off. Thank goodness that trend has died down a bit. At its peak, in what? 2016? I was seeing dirty cheekbones all over the place. Real life and online. I always remember the YouTuber dodie making a video with some appalling contouring. It just looked... grubby... and with her baby face she reminded me of a Dickensian urchin that had just been up a chimney 😂

Sorry to single her out, there are heaps of other cases, that was just the one that made me realise not to attempt it myself due to the high risk of looking like a chimney sweep....
I think it can look good for photo purposes but in real life looks crap and like you can’t blend!

Reactions: 1
I think it can look good for photo purposes but in real life looks crap and like you can’t blend!
I think that’s the problem - people watch YouTube tutorials/see Instagram photos and think it looks good without considering the lighting/angles/editing. I’ve never seen contouring look good irl!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Stephen Webb (Gogglebox).
People really seem to like him.
I think he comes across as a bitchy sociopath. His humour isn't funny. He doesn't know how to raise a laugh without belittling other people. I feel very worried for his husband.
He makes every hair I have stand on end and not in a good way.

Reactions: 7
I don't get the obsession with The Stranger? My head was fried with the 20 simultaneous story lines and unlikeable characters.

Reactions: 7
I don't get the obsession with The Stranger? My head was fried with the 20 simultaneous story lines and unlikeable characters.
I agree. It was overrated.
The Bodyguard (tv series) was overrated imho too.

Reactions: 5
The Simpsons

Used to like it as a kid but I’ve seen the old episodes too much and I hate the new ones

Reactions: 3
Stephen Webb (Gogglebox).
People really seem to like him.
I think he comes across as a bitchy sociopath. His humour isn't funny. He doesn't know how to raise a laugh without belittling other people. I feel very worried for his husband.
He makes every hair I have stand on end and not in a good way.
Yes! He is a nasty bitter man. Definitely a proper witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't hate it but I have never understood the love for Fleabag.
Found it quite irritating tbh.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.