Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Birth videos, why is this even a thing? Nothing is kept private anymore. Also see no point in pregnancy photo shoots with mum to be in various states of undress on a beach or in a field of dead grass clutching at her belly.
Maternity photoshoots are so cringe. Especially when they're naked in a bath, or with flowers covering their tits.
Even cringier when they do it as couple. like this...

1601042351539.png
1601042382733.png

I mean what the fuck?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Same. I came close to throwing up in a nightclub toilet once and have never come close to "drunk" again since. I don't see the point and hated how obnoxious my friends became when drunk. I'm very good at saying I'll just have a soft drink or driving to events so they can't argue but I really don't see the point.

A nice cocktail on holiday suits me fine but I'm happy to leave it at that
But its the shade you get from others when you say you aren't drinking tonight....oh but why?...why?....oh go on just one?....how about a shot?....wine?.....its not as if you're driving.....go on small vodka coke?........Gin?....NO NOW FUCK THE FUCK OFF AND LEAVE ME WITH MY LEMONADE YOU UTTER GOON!
Some people I know get right offended when me and dh say we aren't drinking at a function, as if we are breaking the law or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Harry Potter - tried reading the first book and was ok with it until they started playing quidditch and then I was just ... no ...
Adults who have huge collections of Disney/HP tat. One or two bits, fine, but when you can't see your bed for stuffed animals and you're 30 ....
Any celebrity-based tv show
Celeb-based magazines
Make-up that is so thick that you wouldn't recognise the person underneath if they took it off.
Fake lashes and tan and looooong nails
Hot tubs - usually used by your neighbours who you REALLY don't want to see semi-naked
Mirrored furniture
Velvet bed frames
Bank holidays
Coffee - mainly the endless types these days ... mocha double shot espresso latte with skinny milk, anyone?
Fancy restaurants where you leave needing to go to the fish and chip shop on the way home because the portions have been so small and you paid £200, plus tips ...
Parties - I'm an introvert ... no thanks, my worst nightmare etc..

Reactions: 17

petitspois

VIP Member
Linked to a previous post about photos on display, I really hate those photos that come from posed photoshoots that seemed popular about 5 years ago. Always either with the family running or lying on the floor with their head in their hands. They date so quickly and look cheesy. Even worse when blown up onto a canvas.

• Haha

Girlinabubble

side salads

Visit a pub and order a meal, and chances are you'll get a side salad, primarily just to fill out the plate.

Sometimes the menu may mention "with side salad", and I will tell the waitress not to include it, but they do anyway 🤷‍♀️
Many years ago I worked in a country pub and there used to be a competition to see how long we could keep the same side salad going from plate to plate!

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

Anon_Miss

Gender reveal parties
I mean, I don't like kids anyway, so I never see the point or understand why people have to do baby showers or announcing what gender their kid is.

Who really cares?

You aren't the first one to have a baby, and certainly won't be the last.

• Heart
Modern hair and make up trends are ugly!!

Fillers (lip and cheeks)
Ashy hair colours (dye)
Waxy looking make up
Veneers (I saw a pic of someone's natural teeth that had been filed down into stumps:sick:)
Dark, thick eyebrows

Reactions: 16

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I was in Tesco’s yesterday and I watched one of the Tesco’s online shoppers. She wasn’t checking dates. Maybe they have a certain time frame for each shop and don’t have the time?
My sister works for sainsbury's as an online picker. They have a strict IPH (items per hour) if you aren't fast enough you get called up on it.

The computer also tells you what to substitute with. You are supposed to of course use common sense too, but, someone subbed sanitary towels for pitta breads 🤣🤣🤣 the customer was fuming 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Marie95

Beyonce and Arianna Grande

I hate both their music and think they're so overrated:censored:😖

Exactly!! Definitely to get presents and attention all on them.
Wow, they had sex and are now having a baby. What did they think was going to happen. 😂

It's like, "Lets celebrate 2 people getting it on..oh and buy them gifts for the kid that will appear in 9 months"

No thank you.

Imagine though if people actually showed their disappointment when genders were revealed 😂
Might make it more exciting haha.
Someone I know on Facebook did a gender reveal video during lockdown, they already had one daughter. They pull the balloons out of a bin bag and it's pink... The dad is livid, you can tell he is so disappointed. He tried to smile but just walks out of the frame. What's even better is it's my ex and it gave me great joy in watching his disappointment. (I'm a nice person I promise)

The point to this story is it definitely made the video more exciting!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Mamacita

VIP Member
Halloween. Nothing exciting about it. I don't like scary things and hate the pressure to dress up for a party, I don't want to look silly on a night out! Literally never think "omg I can't wait for Halloween". At least it's going to be peace and quiet this year.

Reactions: 15

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Yes!
And festivals! Urgh yuck!
festivals baffle me tbh. I can't think of anything worse than sleeping in a muddy field, having to use a port-a-loo and not brushing your teeth for 4 days. There is no artist that's worth it. I'd rather just pay for individual concerts

• Sick

Onthehop

VIP Member
I don't like silly parties. I find them really pretentious and I feel obligated to go, rather than a heavy desire to go.

Gender reveal parties - whoopdedoo, hardly in suspense, it is either one or the other.
Baby showers - Even worse. Since when did people start indulging in baby showers here in the UK? They wasn't a "thing" when my older children who are teenagers were born.
Hen dos - I have been married twice and avoided hen dos in their entirety, wearing tatty banners and drinking cheap booze through a cock shaped straw just doesn't appeal to me. Can someone please also draw me the link to someone getting married to lots of plastic willy paraphernalia please? Like why?
I totally agree with you. I try and avoid them all too.

I also hate work parties... so dull. I’m obliged to spend time with work colleagues during the day but why would I want to spend unpaid time with them? I have my own family and friends outside work.

My workplace is always organising spa weekends, days at the races, retirement/leaving dinners out. I’ve enjoyed lockdown for this very reason. No obligations