Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rxt156

VIP Member
I partly understand football. The Olympics on the other hand is a different story.

Sorry but I find that the absolute most boring thing in existence. It's worse than tennis, cricket and snooker. I just don't understand the appeal and I never will. Credit to the athletes they work hard and that but does anyone actually give a fuck who the fastest or best person is at that specific event? Does anyone really? Cause I just can't see why anyone would. (except the figure skating, cause that's cool as fuck)

(Side note: This is excluding the Paralympics)
I assume you mean athletics not Olympics as the Olympic has 30+ different sports.

Fi scot

To be fair I’ve had dominoes a lot and I’ve NEVER paid £20 for a pizza because they always have deals on like 50% off when you spend £25 etc

Fair point, my lot love it and usually get 40% off etc but still seems over priced to me, I should add I still eat it!

Warpaint

VIP Member
ooh I didn't realise there was a documentary about this! I saw the film with Jake Gyllenhall ( which is also good) def on my list now!
I think it's Night Stalker - which is about the Richard Ramirez killings

But if there is a documentary on Nightcrawling that would be interesting too lol

no-no

VIP Member
Upstairs bathrooms. I’ve only lived in one house where it was upstairs and I didn’t particularly like it. Dion Dublin on Homes Under the Hammer is always “first thing, get the bathroom upstairs!”, even when it’s a tiny two bed terrace 🤣 give it a rest.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Oh shit its nightstalker 100% correct! I loved Nightcrawler (the movie) and Jake Gyllenhal so thats poss stuck in my brain
Yeah definitely a good film!
I googled it, and there is a doc called " a shot in the dark" on netflix about real life nightcrawlers! looks really interesting! night stalker was great though, if terrifying
Ended up watching the thing you googled and it's a good show!

Mamacita

VIP Member
I'm sure some do, but others get so heavily invested in it and seem to become quite obsessed with it and sit there shouting and screaming at the TV screen if their team loses. Quite silly imo.

But since this is the thread for Things everyone loves but you hate, I'm not here to wonder why or debate why some people like it :)
I'm here to talk about things i hate that other people love. A bit like why the other people commenting are on this thread too?
That's true, that's the point of the thread haha so I shouldn't really be questioning the post, just didn't think being invested in sports is ridiculous 🙂

emm

VIP Member
Correct. You referenced people don’t care about who is the fastest. Which is athletics not football/boxing/Olympic is general

The joys of the world we live in. People have different hobbies and differing levels of enjoyment for those hobbies

On a totally unrelated note I hate being lazy. Can’t stand it. Being inactive makes me feel like a useless slob. Everyone loves it. I hate it.
different hobbies doesn't necessitate beating up someone with a different team though imo... friends of mine who live near big football grounds (pre corona obv) have to gear their weekend plans around matches because of the violence that accompanies them