Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MOD is horrible and I can easily believe she has racist views, shes certaintly moved to the right place for it!

Candice is also horrible and shocked to discover a former pimp?

Reactions: 4
MOD is horrible and I can easily believe she has racist views, shes certaintly moved to the right place for it!

Candice is also horrible and shocked to discover a former pimp?
Yeah it was very obvious that MOD was a witch from the beginning. I remember when I first discovered her thinking Africa was such a refreshing change.
Don't get me started on Candice 😭She was bloody amazing at the beginning, I learnt so much from her. Then as she grew she was just all about buying (tacky) designer stuff. She was indeed a brothel madam, but strangely she's never acknowledged that and instead when exposed cried crocodile tears about turning to sex work to feed herself. Her video interview tells a very different story though....

Reactions: 4
Refreshing change is exactly it but disappointing to soon discover that they are all the same selling the same sort of rubbish.

Reactions: 2
I’m so on the fence with Africa. Some of her content is brilliant and I like that she respects her boundaries but some of it is just too much.
Additionally slated decorations that she previously used in an AD.. I was beyond disappointed in this as she bangs on about authenticity, being true to herself, only advertising things she believes in? Hypocritical
Found the offending decorations, she does not look happy but they don't look too bad to me.

On johnlewispr IG from 22nd Nov 2020 tried to attach a pic but failed.

Reactions: 1
What was her issue with the decorations?
She choose some that fit her style and JL sent her a different set of colourful ones including parrots and pineapples? if I remember correctly. She said she sent them onto an IG friend as her friend liked that style. But I cant see any parrots or pineapples on the ad. It was quite a long rant about something fairly unimportant in the big scheme of things. I got the impression she felt disrespected by them and woudn't be working with them again.

Her own tree did not look amazing or wow this year either so not sure what her real issue was. And she had some weird greenery fireplace thing she paid her IG friend hanbullivant come and design/install for her. It was a bunch of twigs and leaves and looked so out of place covering a fireplace.

Reactions: 1
What was her issue with the decorations?
I imagine it was the racial stereotyping. She chose the style of decoration from their range that she liked (and she does have a very clear design aesthetic) but they sent her totally tropical parrots and pineapples instead. I don't blame her for being annoyed.

Reactions: 8
I imagine it was the racial stereotyping. She chose the style of decoration from their range that she liked (and she does have a very clear design aesthetic) but they sent her totally tropical parrots and pineapples instead. I don't blame her for being annoyed.
Never heard racial stereotyping used with christmas decorations before.

/gifted mermaids + whales for this lady.

1644068445644.png

Random mushrooms, grapes, ugly owl + birds

1644068896473.png

Last edited:
It's not my place to say if someone feels they have beem racially profiled, maybe the JL person was a racist and selected these particular items to be passive-aggressive. However in the rant about them she only mentioned them being tacky and not fitting her style aesthetic, it seems like she wants to have the upper hand when it comes to creative control and there is a disconnect between being able to maintain creative control and a company paying you to advert their overpriced tat.

With her last advert for Sky she was pleased to be given so much creative control, she rented a beautiful house and some stylists but it fell flat for me and wasn't an outstanding photo or as outstanding as she thinks it turned out to be.

Again she sent the 'tacky' items to her friend saying that was her friends taste lol but kept the plain ones for herself and reused them on her tree this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's not my place to say if someone feels they have beem racially profiled, maybe the JL person was a racist and selected these particular items to be passive-aggressive. However in the rant about them she only mentioned them being tacky and not fitting her style aesthetic, it seems like she wants to have the upper hand when it comes to creative control and there is a disconnect between being able to maintain creative control and a company paying you to advert their overpriced tat.

With her last advert for Sky she was pleased to be given so much creative control, she rented a beautiful house and some stylists but it fell flat for me and wasn't an outstanding photo or as outstanding as she thinks it turned out to be.

Again she sent the 'tacky' items to her friend saying that was her friends taste lol but kept the plain ones for herself and reused them on her tree this year.
It really doesn't look like something I would buy either and they do look meaningless and tacky like she said just like avocado babbles .

Odd choice of song for this reel when the lyrics can clearly be heard saying:

"Ay, I put in (work), every day my nigga
Just tryna get paid my nigga, I make it (work)
Remember those days my nigga"

• Wow
Odd choice of song for this reel when the lyrics can clearly be heard saying:

"Ay, I put in (work), every day my nigga
Just tryna get paid my nigga, I make it (work)
Remember those days my nigga"

Why would you even type out the n word?
If black people want to reclaim that word and use it whats the issue?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I didn't direct it at anyone just pointed out her choice of song usage .

It was a copy and paste. Google didn't censor it either.

Last edited: