Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you might have crossed wires here as I thought she always made it clear her stance on generational wealth was that it was a good thing (or something that everyone would aspire to have, why wouldn't they)? but that unfortunately it was something that people from marginalised communities were not able to accrue as easily which is the problematic part, wouldnt exactly say bitter, it's just a crappy system because not everyone benefits from it. Now shes in a position to create that for her children and rightly so. Wouldnt call it a "u-turn", just more of what many of us would love to work towards and be in the same position to do.
No, I distinctly remember her saying it was problematic. This was probably about 1.5- 2 years ago. The last time I looked at her stories (or was it a live?) she was very annoyed as she received a DM from someone reminding her that she previously said GW was a bad thing, and a major cause of financial disparity.

ETA: IN one of her early take overs there was an account that said their aim was to provide generational wealth for their children (it was in the form of housing) and I remember being quite surprised that she featured it considering her previous opinions. Anyway, at a later stage she said that account made her change her ideas about GW, and they also wanted to do that for their kids. I'm not critisizing this change of mind, BTW, it is something I aim to do. My original point was that she gets really annoyed if people point these things out.

Last edited:
On a side note her new house was also listed as a cash buy only.
I'd be very surprised if they had enough money to cash buy outright. Did she not say at one point that they would have to remortgage a few years in to do further work on the house?

Reactions: 1
I don't follow her that closely so have missed that. She has said she also works 45 hours a week outside of insta. They lived in their old flat for a while with more reasonable rent as it was from the council. So I think it could be possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
No, I distinctly remember her saying it was problematic. This was probably about 1.5- 2 years ago. The last time I looked at her stories (or was it a live?) she was very annoyed as she received a DM from someone reminding her that she previously said GW was a bad thing, and a major cause of financial disparity.

ETA: IN one of her early take overs there was an account that said their aim was to provide generational wealth for their children (it was in the form of housing) and I remember being quite surprised that she featured it considering her previous opinions. Anyway, at a later stage she said that account made her change her ideas about GW, and they also wanted to do that for their kids. I'm not critisizing this change of mind, BTW, it is something I aim to do. My original point was that she gets really annoyed if people point these things out.
Literally like you said, 2 years ago. To me it looks like even back then she was all for generational wealth or as she clearly says "opting for the financial stability of kids". Maybe we've both interpreted it differently but I remember having a conversation with my brother around the time of these stories.

@rainbowlemon makes so much sense it was a cash buy. that's why the whole generational wealth thing the OP is saying has thrown me. For me as a POC id legit say that TVDP has reframed everything I know about generational wealth because she's been speaking about it for literal years. I will legit ride for that lady with all the stuff ive learned😂. I was just checking again through her home ownership highlights from over 2 years ago that literally say "nothing wrong with GW -It's the only thing we are working towards but you have to acknowledge the barriers in place for minority people." Anyway as you said, theres nothing wrong with it, also nothing wrong with a change of opinion I guess. something were all entitled to without people rubbing the ability to change minds in our faces lol

Attachments

Literally like you said, 2 years ago. To me it looks like even back then she was all for generational wealth or as she clearly says "opting for the financial stability of kids". Maybe we've both interpreted it differently but I remember having a conversation with my brother around the time of these stories.

@rainbowlemon makes so much sense it was a cash buy. that's why the whole generational wealth thing the OP is saying has thrown me. For me as a POC id legit say that TVDP has reframed everything I know about generational wealth because she's been speaking about it for literal years. I will legit ride for that lady with all the stuff ive learned😂. I was just checking again through her home ownership highlights from over 2 years ago that literally say "nothing wrong with GW -It's the only thing we are working towards but you have to acknowledge the barriers in place for minority people." Anyway as you said, theres nothing wrong with it, also nothing wrong with a change of opinion I guess. something were all entitled to without people rubbing the ability to change minds in our faces lol
I stand corrected if she didn't say that, but others obviously interpreted it like I did because they were dm'ing her about her change of heart.
The "rubbing it in our faces" bit... if someone sent me a DM asking/stating that I'd previously held a differing opinion I would see that as a legit question/statement. It doesn't have to be answered obviously, but to then say "how dare you bring this up after 18 months..." is way OTT for me.

ETA: I learned so much from her too, so for me it was such a shame that I couldn't get on with her account.

Her latest live and she's complaining about the builders making a mess which is fair enough but don't people normally close off doors and pack valuables up as dust can get literally everywhere.

She's also complaining about the 'filthy' airbnb but surely we all read previous reviews.

Having said all that I love her ability to source vintage pieces loved her old flat especially the bathroom.

Find her very defensive and someone who can't take any feedback however nicely it's put - as another poster said she is ALWAYS right about EVERYTHING and no-one else possibly could be UNLESS they are agreeing with her. After watching her most recent live where she talks about not revealing which town in Thanet she lives in I wish someone would message her to say it's pretty obvious and the photos she posts allow for her house and street to be identified fairy easily by anyone on google earth. So IGers if value your privacy make sure to not post sensitive information as literally anyone could be watching. Someone social influencers don't seem to be aware of.

Reactions: 3
She's lucky that she can move out to an AirBNB whilst she has work done in the first place and doesn't have to live with the noise, unlike her neighbours.

Not that hard to figure out her location. I found her new house, because she had posted the outside of it too and through a link she herself had posted.

Reactions: 4
I
She's lucky that she can move out to an AirBNB whilst she has work done in the first place and doesn't have to live with the noise, unlike her neighbours.

Not that hard to figure out her location. I found her new house, because she had posted the outside of it too and through a link she herself had posted.
If it was someone else moving out while building work took place she would say its 'privilege' when when it comes to her she doesn't apply the same rules. Very selective.

Getting bored of all her talk of being authentic when she who complains about people gaslighting yet she changes facts and omits things. Probably due to privacy concerns which I keep saying fair enough. But it also sounds like stealth bragging about how much money they've made and how they are sending their girls to private inclusive schools. How many fee paying, boarding schools are there in Thanet for goodness sake!

Also tries to rewrite history about her family and is defensive when people mention it in comments or dm's. What you put out on the internet is always there however much you try to hide or change the truth.

Weird use of your time lol

I don't think she holds herself to account as highly as she holds others. I remember in a live once she used a word which is a slur against disabled people. She must have realized, or someone told her as she then did a "oh my goodness, didn't realize what that meant" story and that was the end of it. I remember at the time thinking that if someone had used a racial slur unknowingly, but had then brushed it off like that she'd be going mad.
Didn't realize she was sending the children privately, I really hope that works out for them.

Reactions: 3
I think Africa was more authentic before her career took off financially. A few years ago, she would have spoken out about about the privilege of others sending their children to private schools, buying a house and starting on an extensive renovation straight away, being able to move into rented accommodation during the building works, expecting to walk back into a house as clean as they left it after builders being in for weeks.

But now that she has all that herself, she justifies it all quite easily.

BTW I don’t begrudge her financial success at all, it’s great how her career has taken off and herself and her husband have worked hard to be home-owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Re private school, did anyone mentioning it here actually listen to her reasoning for it?

I think Africa was more authentic before her career took off financially. A few years ago, she would have spoken out about about the privilege of others sending their children to private schools, buying a house and starting on an extensive renovation straight away, being able to move into rented accommodation during the building works, expecting to walk back into a house as clean as they left it after builders being in for weeks.

But now that she has all that herself, she justifies it all quite easily.

BTW I don’t begrudge her financial success at all, it’s great how her career has taken off and herself and her husband have worked hard to be home-owners.
Does an account with 70k followers make that much to be able to send kids to private school, pay thousands for an airbnb, buy a 4 bedroom detached house with massive garden? Or maybe houses aren't that expensive in Thanet compared to London.

She says they saved massively for all of this, but I really feel she's gaslighting her followers and they have won the lottery, has a big pay out from redunancy or an inheritance.

Good for her if sending her kids to a private school are a priority she obviously values education especially as she talk about struggling at school due to undiagnosed ADHD but personally I'd rather not be living so close to so many UKIP members and send my kids to the local comprehensive in a more mixed city.

I really like Africa, and I am surprised to see a thread here on her.

However, I think she's fallen into the "insta fame/influencer" trap. She has literally gone from an inner London 2 bed flat with 3 children to a huge country home in quite a short space of time whilst raising young children.
It's incredibly difficult to do that. It's amazing that they have and well done to them but she does need to acknowledge that privilege of some sort has put them there. Raising a family with multiple children is incredibly hard especially when you're in low income employment. It's not fees able to many living in social housing in London.

What’s her insta handle please?

I’m insanely curious regarding these accounts that appear to have a lifestyle transformation from a few thousand followers on an Instagram account

Weird use of your time lol
I'm always on Rightmove. (Also started the Rightmove thread ).

Not that hard to recognize a house that has been posted and connect the dots with the information she has given out.

What’s her insta handle please?

I’m insanely curious regarding these accounts that appear to have a lifestyle transformation from a few thousand followers on an Instagram account

Last edited:
  • Sick
Re private school, did anyone mentioning it here actually listen to her reasoning for it?
Yes, I did. Like any parent who decides to send their children to private school, herself and her husband have their reasons. Theirs I think was because of the diverse culture and ethos and smaller class sizes. They wanted to find a school where their children would feel they fit in and would thrive. Also the day fees were quite reasonable.

Total nosiness but I would love to know what has happened to allow their change in circumstances. She can talk about 'budgeting'/'being strategic' with the house finances but seriously...buying a massive detached period property in the south east, immediately doing a tens of thousands of pounds reno, next £180k reno planned for 12 months, 3 kids in private school (reasonable fees will prob still be 15k per child per year) - it all just seems wild and so sudden!