Thevitamindproject - Africa

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This feels super extreme for such an innocuous situations. Kids will inevitably find out that the tooth fairy, Santa, etc, aren’t real.
Yes I agree, it just makes her sound really controlling. It's not very inclusive either, there will be loads of kids out there who culturally don't have the tooth fairy/santa/Easter bunny. To me it's a great way to explain to children that we believe this, but not everyone else does.

Reactions: 6
She doesn't seem like the type to go back and actually apologize to the teacher either.

The fact her child held back in fear of no longer being allowed to play with her friend says something. Other people are allowed to think differently even if it something as minor as the tooth fairy.

Reactions: 9
She takes most things the wrong way, does a massive rant about it on stories or live and then when she realises she was wrong or it wasnt as big a deal as shes made it (and thats usually a tantrum) she doesnt back down but instead does she strange giggle childlike laugh and shrugs her shoulders as if she wasnt the person who started the fuss in the first place.

I find her irritating and self-righteousness and I really liked her at the very beginning.

Reactions: 12
I also really liked her at the start. Loved that she talked about boundaries and that she was open about her mental health.

Her pintrest board which was previously called "The vitamin sea entrance" has now vanished. It was the one with the the saved listing of a rightmove property.

Interesting to see them getting a dog too based on the saved posts. Please just don't let it be a trendy dachshund or pug.

Reactions: 1
Her pintrest board which was previously called "The vitamin sea entrance" has now vanished. It was the one with the the saved listing of a rightmove property.

Interesting to see them getting a dog too based on the saved posts. Please just don't let it be a trendy dachshund or pug.
I remember her saying a long time ago that a dog was part of the plan. Her husband had a particular breed in mind, IIRC it was a pointer type or mid sized terrier. Much better they waited until they were in a house with a decent sized garden.

Surprised she didn't remove the link to rightmove earlier but shes stubborn so probably didn't want to admit she was wrong as she was saying last year someone had approached her at a restaurant gushing about her house and knew the location of it. Easy to spot through photos and many influencers with similiar accounts are so careful to never photograph outside their house or have photos of the backgarden.

She then went on a rant about how she is more clever than that and has shown cropped images only and the floorplan she had shared is similar to all the other houses on her street. Not that clever as the garden pics are identifying and its basically giving potential burgulars the ability to know so much your life and where everything is stored your house where your childrens bedrooms are etc. I find that very concerning.

Anyway like I've said earlier, liked her at first, she was relatable, talked about good issues that need to he discussed but unfortuntely she just can't take her massive ego out of things. Because she is always right. And no-one else possibly could be. Ever.

Reactions: 5
Surprised she didn't remove the link to rightmove earlier but shes stubborn so probably didn't want to admit she was wrong as she was saying last year someone had approached her at a restaurant gushing about her house and knew the location of it. Easy to spot through photos and many influencers with similiar accounts are so careful to never photograph outside their house or have photos of the backgarden.

She then went on a rant about how she is more clever than that and has shown cropped images only and the floorplan she had shared is similar to all the other houses on her street. Not that clever as the garden pics are identifying and its basically giving potential burgulars the ability to know so much your life and where everything is stored your house where your childrens bedrooms are etc. I find that very concerning.

Anyway like I've said earlier, liked her at first, she was relatable, talked about good issues that need to he discussed but unfortuntely she just can't take her massive ego out of things. Because she is always right. And no-one else possibly could be. Ever.
Are you still following her?

A complete stranger coming up to her at a restaurant should have been a warning sign not used as a I'm smarter then you moment. They give away much more then they realise. Little bits here and there do add up. If anything these influencers taught me what not to do. I remember reading about a sexual assault case in Japan where her stalker told the police that he had also figured out her location by looking at the reflection in her eye.

Father of daughter's has done similar and given out so much more information including the time when his oldest would be home alone after school.

Reactions: 3
A complete stranger coming up to her at a restaurant should have been a warning sign not used as a I'm smarter then you moment. They give away much more then they realise. Little bits here and there do add up. If anything these influencers taught me what not to do. I remember reading about a sexual assault case in Japan where her stalker told the police that he had also figured out her location by looking at the reflection in her eye.

Father of daughter's has done similar and given out so much more information including the time when his oldest would be home alone after school.
I think this most often about Molly Mae tbh - despite being robbed is now doing an interiors account where she….. doesn’t plan to show much of the interior? 🧐

I know it’s different with kids and security but idk I think in this instance it’s fine? Idk where she lives but from the garden shots it appears to be a run of the mill terrace so it’s not as if having those interior shots gives a burglar a competitive edge lol. Also her stuff is lovely and premium but it’s not like MM’s Van Cleef and luxury bag collection, like it’s probably not gonna be targeted by big organised crimeTM unless they too have a penchant for tonal wool?

Africa unlike FOD loves and respects her kids so thankfully doesn’t disclose such info. FOD has sold his to the highest bidder and is below scum x

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I think anyone who uses their kids in paid ads or revenue is exploiting them in some way or another. As much as Africa thinks everyone is there for her interior inspo, people were drawn to her original account due to her very photogenic family. No one can deny they look very beautiful and quite different from the usual insta spam and optics has always been very important to her. In the early days she shared a lot more about their lives, it was only as her account grew that she said she made a decision to limit information regarding the children.

Reactions: 5
I think anyone who uses their kids in paid ads or revenue is exploiting them in some way or another. As much as Africa thinks everyone is there for her interior inspo, people were drawn to her original account due to her very photogenic family. No one can deny they look very beautiful and quite different from the usual insta spam and optics has always been very important to her. In the early days she shared a lot more about their lives, it was only as her account grew that she said she made a decision to limit information regarding the children.
To each their own - personally I prefer the interiors (admittedly kids interiors!) and social justice content. I find the whole following people for family tit so creepy. I’m vehemently again the n*nce parents of Insta mama past flogging their kids’ private lives for cash so would usually be the first to criticise but I do think Africa does it well? She does feature their faces but the kids were modelling for brands before her profile took off so it does feel a tiny bit different. Idk if this is her intention but the only reason it sits well with me is because they appear to be models rather than budding social media starlets as FOD made those poor work horse twins? Like could any of us name any of the interests or personality attributes of the kids? I don’t think I could even name one of them…? It doesn’t feel as horrifically exploitative as SODs.

To each their own - personally I prefer the interiors (admittedly kids interiors!) and social justice content. I find the whole following people for family tit so creepy. I’m vehemently again the n*nce parents of Insta mama past flogging their kids’ private lives for cash so would usually be the first to criticise but I do think Africa does it well? She does feature their faces but the kids were modelling for brands before her profile took off so it does feel a tiny bit different. Idk if this is her intention but the only reason it sits well with me is because they appear to be models rather than budding social media starlets as FOD made those poor work horse twins? Like could any of us name any of the interests or personality attributes of the kids? I don’t think I could even name one of them…? It doesn’t feel as horrifically exploitative as SODs.
I'm not saying she's exploiting them BTW and nowhere near FOD territory (does his account still exist?!) but still it has to be said that her children were central to her account growth. Their personal details were not integral but their images very much were. There were a lot of staged photoshoot type ones too, it's not as if they were just playing and random pics taken. FWIW I'm not vehemently anti influencers showing their children, as ultimately as parents we consent on our children's behalf for many things. I'm mentioning this within the context that many claim their children have nothing to do with their accounts, when really it was the children that got them noticed in the first place. Even knowing a child's name and age can pull things up on Google searches. One of the reasons I didn't sign up to her patreon was that I would have been doing it for more info on her unusual-to-me background/life (which all came from stuff she shared) which felt voyeuristic and I felt she wouldn't have liked that.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I stopped following her a while back but I went to Ramsgate and Margate at the last bank holiday and saw her with her kids on the beach. If I recognise your kids and they’re not in Eastenders or Hollywood films you’re exploiting them in my opinion. I also kind of think child actors/models are being exploited tbh.

ETA I sadly did not bump into any sellers of daughters.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm not saying she's exploiting them BTW and nowhere near FOD territory (does his account still exist?!) but still it has to be said that her children were central to her account growth. Their personal details were not integral but their images very much were. There were a lot of staged photoshoot type ones too, it's not as if they were just playing and random pics taken. FWIW I'm not vehemently anti influencers showing their children, as ultimately as parents we consent on our children's behalf for many things. I'm mentioning this within the context that many claim their children have nothing to do with their accounts, when really it was the children that got them noticed in the first place. Even knowing a child's name and age can pull things up on Google searches. One of the reasons I didn't sign up to her patreon was that I would have been doing it for more info on her unusual-to-me background/life (which all came from stuff she shared) which felt voyeuristic and I felt she wouldn't have liked that.
I stopped following his thread cos he actually made me angry and their life is so tragic. He’s still going, even if his content is him crying in a B&Q car park cos they can’t afford to finish the house and go on holiday cos his missus loved racism so much. He’s only getting casa amore reject level freebies now, flogging CBD discount codes and rechargeable batteries off Ali express. Despite this fall from grace he still overshares about the girls, which is just sad as one of them has an illness now. He has nothing left to give and looks older than Father Time, hopefully someone comes out with a CBD SPF to help him out. 🙏🏻

Anyway on topic - weirdly I’m vehemently against any child sharing and still don’t mind hers?! But agree, they have been monetised in as much as they’re part of her overall package. I don’t find it problematic tho cos Africa herself is the draw and they’re part of her story, lightly and respectfully referenced, but it’s not their day to day shenanigans that maintains engagement/the audience? Like look at FOD’s comments it’s all n*nces asking after the girls and how much they miss them, a truly worrying level of intimacy to have with a stranger’s kids. That’s not the same here cos they’ve not been spun up into characters their narc parent exploits for #content and #ads?

The whole children on social media & monetised content is a minefield so sorry I’m arguably derailing this thread but it’s nice to talk about it to likeminded people!

Reactions: 7
I stopped following his thread cos he actually made me angry and their life is so tragic. He’s still going, even if his content is him crying in a B&Q car park cos they can’t afford to finish the house and go on holiday cos his missus loved racism so much. He’s only getting casa amore reject level freebies now, flogging CBD discount codes and rechargeable batteries off Ali express. Despite this fall from grace he still overshares about the girls, which is just sad as one of them has an illness now. He has nothing left to give and looks older than Father Time, hopefully someone comes out with a CBD SPF to help him out. 🙏🏻

Anyway on topic - weirdly I’m vehemently against any child sharing and still don’t mind hers?! But agree, they have been monetised in as much as they’re part of her overall package. I don’t find it problematic tho cos Africa herself is the draw and they’re part of her story, lightly and respectfully referenced, but it’s not their day to day shenanigans that maintains engagement/the audience? Like look at FOD’s comments it’s all n*nces asking after the girls and how much they miss them, a truly worrying level of intimacy to have with a stranger’s kids. That’s not the same here cos they’ve not been spun up into characters their narc parent exploits for #content and #ads?

The whole children on social media & monetised content is a minefield so sorry I’m arguably derailing this thread but it’s nice to talk about it to likeminded people!
FOD is absolutely insufferable, I can't believe that there are still people fawning over him 😩.
Whilst I'm not overly bothered about parents sharing children (although when it's staged for £££ I feel more strongly) anyway, I care even less if they are non white because that diversity/representation matters. Africa was the first Black family account I came across where they were just 'being', and that made a very refreshing change to the usual blonde hair/blue eyed families like the Hoopers et al who seemed to dominate instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They have a shop my home section. She did always have good taste, but I'm surprised by how expensive everything is. Just a few items from the living room:

Who knew you needed serious money to get that look. 🤪

1651326459254.png

1651327702960.png

1651326687595.png

1651326811783.png

1651326583716.png

1651327531965.png

1651326964276.png

Interesting to see that she did also use a professional service to build her brand. From their page :

" To create a unique and winning brand, start a journey of discovery into what is really special about your business. We research your target audience, stakeholders and competitors as well as your product or your companies offering and see what really makes it tick. "

"Your unique selling points, services and how can you connect with your target market on an emotional level are all affected by your brand strategy.
We like to think of strategy as a long term journey map, and the destination is the hearts and feelings of your target audience. We aim to achieve this by becoming part of the end-users lifestyle, trying to position your brand as the first thing the user associates with your industry. "

Last edited: