TheTimTracker

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now Rix Flix is saying they are at the parks during a hurricane. No, you aren't. You are there during a normal Florida rainstorm.

What is it with these YouTubers and wanting everyone to think they are there during hurricanes? I know what it is. They are doing it for the views and comments.

You would think the entire state is in a hurricane the way some of them are acting.... It's really pretty dishonest...

Reactions: 1
Now Rix Flix is saying they are at the parks during a hurricane. No, you aren't. You are there during a normal Florida rainstorm.

What is it with these YouTubers and wanting everyone to think they are there during hurricanes? I know what it is. They are doing it for the views and comments.

You would think the entire state is in a hurricane the way some of them are acting.... It's really pretty dishonest...
I was at Disney during Hurricane Irma in 2017. That was a legitimate storm, and actually did damage.

I actually had one of my videos get picked up by the Weather Channel and they used it on their channel.

I hate when people sensationalize everything or use clickbait for their articles all the time like TheDisneyFoodBlog.

Reactions: 2
I was at Disney during Hurricane Irma in 2017. That was a legitimate storm, and actually did damage.

I actually had one of my videos get picked up by the Weather Channel and they used it on their channel.

I hate when people sensationalize everything or use clickbait for their articles all the time like TheDisneyFoodBlog.
I remember seeing that. We were supposed to check in the day it was going through. I got Universal to delay it by a day and drove through the remaining bits of the storm. I'm from Florida so I learned to drive in that kind of weather. I remember seeing the damage. I also made sure to bring 2 5 gallon gas cans with me. LOL!! I also filled up when the tank got halfway full.

This storm is barely a Cat 1. Not to downplay it, but I live through Hurricane Andrew, Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Wilma. Wilma hit my city head on. We were without power for almost a month. What did we do? My son and I packed a bag and headed to Disney. Since his school was closed and so was my job. We spent two weeks there. It was so much fun.

The DFB is the worst. I've unsubbed to their videos. Her voice just totally annoys me to no end.

I remember seeing that. We were supposed to check in the day it was going through. I got Universal to delay it by a day and drove through the remaining bits of the storm. I'm from Florida so I learned to drive in that kind of weather. I remember seeing the damage. I also made sure to bring 2 5 gallon gas cans with me. LOL!! I also filled up when the tank got halfway full.

This storm is barely a Cat 1. Not to downplay it, but I live through Hurricane Andrew, Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Wilma. Wilma hit my city head on. We were without power for almost a month. What did we do? My son and I packed a bag and headed to Disney. Since his school was closed and so was my job. We spent two weeks there. It was so much fun.

The DFB is the worst. I've unsubbed to their videos. Her voice just totally annoys me to no end.
Charlie, Jeanne, and Francis in '04 were the worse for my family, based on where we and other family members lived at the time. I was in Orlando for Charlie. That was bad. Couldn't even get down the roads. Jeanne - along with a tornado - destroyed my late Grandmother's house down in St. Lucie. Francis ended up bursting a water pipe and water spewed all over the kitchen and we had no water. Fun! Ugh. Irma did some tree damage to our area where I'm at in Seminole and we were out power for about a week.

Are you in Miami?

Oh - AJ from DFB? We used to watch those a lot but then some of the video content got so redundant and silly - like 5 worst resorts - and I think the one time they ranked GF as one of the worst because you actually had to walk outside to get from your hotel room to places to eat (!?!?) I was like - are you serious? That, and she often is hard to hear. She'll say something, then something like under her breath or as a side comment and she'll trail off and you won't be able to hear what the heck she said! So annoying.

I also unsubbed quite awhile go from their daily newsletter, or whatever you called it, because it's soooo clickbait-y. Plus, I couldn't take all their use of !!!!!!!! everywhere. I like Disney, obviously, but I'm not bouncing off the walls with excitement just! to read! about! a new cupcake! OMG!!!!! it's the greatest! cupcake! ever!

That's pretty much how it is with them anymore. Also, you have to typically individually click on every single thing always just to, for example, read a menu for F&W or something. I get it - they have advertising and stuff and need pageviews or whatever - but it gets so annoying.

Last edited:
Charlie, Jeanne, and Francis in '04 were the worse for my family, based on where we and other family members lived at the time. I was in Orlando for Charlie. That was bad. Couldn't even get down the roads. Jeanne - along with a tornado - destroyed my late Grandmother's house down in St. Lucie. Francis ended up bursting a water pipe and water spewed all over the kitchen and we had no water. Fun! Ugh. Irma did some tree damage to our area where I'm at in Seminole and we were out power for about a week.

Are you in Miami?

Oh - AJ from DFB? We used to watch those a lot but then some of the video content got so redundant and silly - like 5 worst resorts - and I think the one time they ranked GF as one of the worst because you actually had to walk outside to get from your hotel room to places to eat (!?!?) I was like - are you serious? That, and she often is hard to hear. She'll say something, then something like under her breath or as a side comment and she'll trail off and you won't be able to hear what the heck she said! So annoying.

I also unsubbed quite awhile go from their daily newsletter, or whatever you called it, because it's soooo clickbait-y. Plus, I couldn't take all their use of !!!!!!!! everywhere. I like Disney, obviously, but I'm not bouncing off the walls with excitement just! to read! about! a new cupcake! OMG!!!!! it's the greatest! cupcake! ever!

That's pretty much how it is with them anymore. Also, you have to typically individually click on every single thing always just to, for example, read a menu for F&W or something. I get it - they have advertising and stuff and need pageviews or whatever - but it gets so annoying.
I actually live in Alabama now. I was born and raised in Pompano Beach though. We moved up here 13 years ago.

Those hurricanes were awful. Yeah, their videos get really old after awhile. And the newsletters are annoying. I totally get what you mean.

Rix Flix responded to my comment on their video. Claims that it was a monsoon when he got to where he lived. That might be, but it still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't part of the hurricane. Like i said, my sister lives closer to the beach and there was barely any wind and just normal Florida rains.

Rix Flix responded to my comment on their video. Claims that it was a monsoon when he got to where he lived. That might be, but it still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't part of the hurricane. Like i said, my sister lives closer to the beach and there was barely any wind and just normal Florida rains.
I used to like RixFlix a lot. We met him once at IoA; he was in a hurry but nice, shook our hands. Unfortunately, he's fallen into the trap of clickbait-y content and / or titles as is typical of so many vloggers. I noticed it'd crop up a few times over the course of the last several months.

I love Nikki; she seems so sweet and down-to-earth and sometimes I feel bad for her when she mentions she thinks something is cute and he shoots her down because it's not "in the budget" or something like that. He's definitely all about the bottom line. But, at least unlike Trackers, they walk the talk. They sold their home in Winter Garden and downsized their home to a smaller place (I'm not sure if it's a smaller house, condo or just straight apt.)

Another thing I think he does that's hurting him is that he focuses so much on Universal. If someone is a Universal nut, it's great. But I just think he's painting himself into a corner with this niche-like decision. Especially since some of the content is so repetitive, i.e. RixFlix Top 6 just regurgitates older material.

I also don't know why he doesn't do resort tours or something for new content (kind of like Tracker did a long while back). I think he feels he needs to stay somewhere to showcase the resort, when really, he could just walk around, show the grounds, show the eating places, the pool, etc. I've done it at Universal with just spending the day exploring an individual resort; it's fun. He could also showcase the various places more in-depth at CityWalk. Even Hollywood Drive-In Golf. But I don't think he wants to spend the $ to show his viewers the course. LOL

I know that's OT but just wanted to respond :)

I used to like RixFlix a lot. We met him once at IoA; he was in a hurry but nice, shook our hands. Unfortunately, he's fallen into the trap of clickbait-y content and / or titles as is typical of so many vloggers. I noticed it'd crop up a few times over the course of the last several months.

I love Nikki; she seems so sweet and down-to-earth and sometimes I feel bad for her when she mentions she thinks something is cute and he shoots her down because it's not "in the budget" or something like that. He's definitely all about the bottom line. But, at least unlike Trackers, they walk the talk. They sold their home in Winter Garden and downsized their home to a smaller place (I'm not sure if it's a smaller house, condo or just straight apt.)

Another thing I think he does that's hurting him is that he focuses so much on Universal. If someone is a Universal nut, it's great. But I just think he's painting himself into a corner with this niche-like decision. Especially since some of the content is so repetitive, i.e. RixFlix Top 6 just regurgitates older material.

I also don't know why he doesn't do resort tours or something for new content (kind of like Tracker did a long while back). I think he feels he needs to stay somewhere to showcase the resort, when really, he could just walk around, show the grounds, show the eating places, the pool, etc. I've done it at Universal with just spending the day exploring an individual resort; it's fun. He could also showcase the various places more in-depth at CityWalk. Even Hollywood Drive-In Golf. But I don't think he wants to spend the $ to show his viewers the course. LOL

I know that's OT but just wanted to respond :)
I totally agree. There's only so many times they can do a Top6 before it gets to be the same thing over and over. I'm more of a Disney fan than a Universal Fan. It would be nice if they showed some different things. I agree, it would be nice if they showcased the Universal hotels. I think it would be really interesting.

Yesterday's video just rubbed me the wrong way. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it, except for the fact that I had just talked to my sister to make sure that she was okay. Then, his video popped up. I was like, wait what? It just irritated me. LOL!!

Dim is heading into the MK....it's already 4:30PM. He is going to stay until closing which is 7PM.

He wants to see if they close the park differently.

Tim upset that he's not the only person on the Admiral Joe Potter.

Tim makes a note there are "a lot" of people sitting on the curbs on Main Street...it's to my count 4 people.

Tim is riding the Magic Carpets of Aladdin....he's using his knee to move the lever up/down.

Tim late to the party shows his viewers the concept art for the rethemed Splash Mountain...be easy on them y'all they aren't a news site.

Tim makes a point that he doesn't have to worry about running into people as he vlogs.....but those pesky curbs are still out to get him.

Tim has to make a point that the diamond on the Diamond Horseshoe sign isn't a real diamond. Thanks for that tidbit of info Timbo.

Tim is going to ride the carousel making sure not to touch anything again. I don't get why he just ride a ride as it's intended and just sanitize once you get off the ride.

Tim looks a popcorn cart, the CM greets Tim and he doesn't even acknowledge the CM.

Also Tim doesn't understand force perspective.

Tim reading Disney facts that he looked up to sound like he actually knows something.

Tim doesn't understand DVC and Adventures by Disney overlap.

Tim makes his way to the Tron construction and immediately gets hot and bothered.

Tim mobile orders a hot dog but can't use any condiments because they sit in a communal bucket even though they are single serve and sealed....Does he not realize that he can get the packet of ketchup or mustard open it put it on the hot dog and sanitize your hands right afterwards before you eat. He spent the entire time complaining about the hot dog and how he wishes it had condiments/toppings.

Tim who is afraid of enclosed spaces, is going to take the elevator to the top of Astro Orbiter...yes it's 1 party/person per elevator trip up, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't touched anything inside that elevator.

Tim now waits inside MK as people leave because it's way too many people to get onto the Ferry Boat with.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does Tim not realise that he opened the door with his hands to get inside cosmic Rays cafe, that he used his hands to carry the tray to his table, that he used his hands to pull the chair out to sit down and eat... yet he’s petrified to get a plastic sachet of sauce cos it’s communal. Can’t believe the sad act is considering taking his own condiments for future trips and purchases of hotdogs, heard and seen it all now. What a total bellend.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Dim is heading into the MK....it's already 4:30PM. He is going to stay until closing which is 7PM.

He wants to see if they close the park differently.

Tim upset that he's not the only person on the Admiral Joe Potter.

Tim makes a note there are "a lot" of people sitting on the curbs on Main Street...it's to my count 4 people.

Tim is riding the Magic Carpets of Aladdin....he's using his knee to move the lever up/down.

Tim late to the party shows his viewers the concept art for the rethemed Splash Mountain...be easy on them y'all they aren't a news site.

Tim makes a point that he doesn't have to worry about running into people as he vlogs.....but those pesky curbs are still out to get him.

Tim has to make a point that the diamond on the Diamond Horseshoe sign isn't a real diamond. Thanks for that tidbit of info Timbo.

Tim is going to ride the carousel making sure not to touch anything again. I don't get why he just ride a ride as it's intended and just sanitize once you get off the ride.

Tim looks a popcorn cart, the CM greets Tim and he doesn't even acknowledge the CM.

Also Tim doesn't understand force perspective.

Tim reading Disney facts that he looked up to sound like he actually knows something.

Tim doesn't understand DVC and Adventures by Disney overlap.

Tim makes his way to the Tron construction and immediately gets hot and bothered.

Tim mobile orders a hot dog but can't use any condiments because they sit in a communal bucket even though they are single serve and sealed....Does he not realize that he can get the packet of ketchup or mustard open it put it on the hot dog and sanitize your hands right afterwards before you eat. He spent the entire time complaining about the hot dog and how he wishes it had condiments/toppings.

Tim who is afraid of enclosed spaces, is going to take the elevator to the top of Astro Orbiter...yes it's 1 party/person per elevator trip up, but that doesn't mean someone hasn't touched anything inside that elevator.

Tim now waits inside MK as people leave because it's way too many people to get onto the Ferry Boat with.
I managed to watch it only because it autoplayed. I lost my patience right around the hot dog part. I thought the same thing about the condiments. You can use your hand sanitizer afterwards. This man is far too paranoid to be going anywhere and vloggin it. It makes me roll my eyes for the most part and laugh sometimes at other parts.

haha brilliant thanks for that. saves me watching. From what you've said it sounds like they've been reading this forum and trying to implement peoples ideas

Reactions: 2
Does Tim not realise that he opened the door with his hands to get inside cosmic Rays cafe, that he used his hands to carry the tray to his table, that he used his hands to pull the chair out to sit down and eat... yet he’s petrified to get a plastic sachet of sauce cos it’s communal. Can’t believe the sad act is considering taking his own condiments for future trips and purchases of hotdogs, heard and seen it all now. What a total bellend.
LOL!! I think he does. He's just playing it for sympathy. I hope he sanitized his knee after riding the magic carpets. LOL!!

Reactions: 3
LOL!! I think he does. He's just playing it for sympathy. I hope he sanitized his knee after riding the magic carpets. LOL!!
The corona is going to get into his scraped knee from when he tripped off the curb.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Haha yeah ironically any open wounds or scratches are more of a risk than just using hands then sanitizing

Does anyone remember which episode of the WDW today podcast throws shade at Tim for how he’s acting? It was playing in the background a few days ago and I thought of this thread 😆
I assume it was one of the latest reopening episodes.

Does anyone remember which episode of the WDW today podcast throws shade at Tim for how he’s acting? It was playing in the background a few days ago and I thought of this thread 😆
I assume it was one of the latest reopening episodes.

Tim is back at Epcot, and he's back to try some dishes he didn't try last time. He realized that there are a lot of secluded areas because it only took him like 5 visits to realize the parks are absolutely barren.

53 seconds in and Tim states he just heard thunder, so rain is on the horizon.

He got there at 3:30PM....he found a pin trading board, apparently it's the only one in the park and it's only available for 1 hour....

Tim states the park is open to 9PM and that the park would be super empty, he doesn't foresee himself staying that late...well no crap Timbo, if you spent more than 2 hours outside.

Tim sprints from the beginning of World Showcase to China to hide from the rain....He's upset because people found his spot to hide. Tim ventures out, because he feels the rain will end shortly....*narrator voice* It doesn't end shortly.

Timbo who is afraid to touch things/random surfaces, gets a fork, takes his mask off, puts the fork which he held in his hands, into his mouth by handle and then proceeds to sanitize his hands.......

Also...Tim who has lived in Florida his entire life, is wearing all black like an idiot then complains about how hot it is.

Tim wants to get a Pulled Pork Slider from Hawaii but doesn't know where to eat it, despite him starting the video boasting about how there are so many secluded areas to eat safely.

Tim gets the French duck confit and hightails it to Morocco to eat it, however he exclaims there's a lot of people there.....

Tim is not happy with his duck purchase...

He instead doubles down on Brazil and gets the cheesebread and pork belly. Success! Tim's basic palate has him super enjoy the cheesebread...Tim complains the pork is flavorless and the beans overpower the pork. He said flavorless, but then said it has "good flavor". I can't even.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.