Thestayoverlife (Jess Parr)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Emily is so irritating, she came back from 2 nights of gifted stays and now she is moaning about a broken table. Woe is me. Also of course she has AHDH, of course she has..

Reactions: 3
Emily is so irritating, she came back from 2 nights of gifted stays and now she is moaning about a broken table. Woe is me. Also of course she has AHDH, of course she has..
I made a post about this on the style lobster thread. And complaining she had to go to a new member induction at Soho House.

Reactions: 2
Jess went from posh influencer spending £100,000s on a home reno to air stewarding? From what I know they earn well below average wage and have many health risks. What a weird choice, especially with trying to conceive on the cards sometime soon.

Jess went from posh influencer spending £100,000s on a home reno to air stewarding? From what I know they earn well below average wage and have many health risks. What a weird choice, especially with trying to conceive on the cards sometime soon.
Haha like your said earlier, she did it for the maternity pay.

Haha like your said earlier, she did it for the maternity pay.
6 weeks of 15k yearly basic pay? Maybe British Air has a more generous maternity package, then 6 months of 15k basic pay? Not much for Jess and her lifestyle.

I am genuinely surprised if she’s gone back as a flight attendant again, she seems like such a home bird these days and can’t imagine her being away from Freddie for too long. Perhaps she’s just doing check in or working in the lounges or something? They can still be unsociable hours

I am genuinely surprised if she’s gone back as a flight attendant again, she seems like such a home bird these days and can’t imagine her being away from Freddie for too long. Perhaps she’s just doing check in or working in the lounges or something? They can still be unsociable hours
agreed but it might be a mix of the benefits package. Pension, childcare vouchers, maternity pay, private healthcare, and not to mention the discounted holidays which is probably the main reason 😂

She’s definitely cabin crew. My friend works there, I asked her to check the staff directory thing which has her job title. She’s using her married name, double barrelled. Also, asked about the maternity package and it’s apparently terrible

Reactions: 7
I used to work there. Mat package is horrendous, it was the statutory min of 6weeks. They recently changed it to make it a bit better. Employer pension contribution is one of the best around but on such a low base pay and flight perks are good but they don't seem to have cut back on trips. Maybe she just misses the travel

Reactions: 1
Has she actually addressed it anywhere? I think it's a bit strange how she keeps mentioning work and being up early/lack of posting without actually saying what's going on. She is just posting the same walks with her dog and spendy food bills.

Has she actually addressed it anywhere? I think it's a bit strange how she keeps mentioning work and being up early/lack of posting without actually saying what's going on. She is just posting the same walks with her dog and spendy food bills.
Nope. She hasn't said anything about what she's actually doing.

There was a comment posted here a while back that said when Jess left BA last time it was due to a conflict with her influencer work. I don't know if that's true but if that is the case maybe it's why she's not talking about it on her SM this time round.

I used to work for them and personally I thought the pay was decent, basic was terrible but if you bid correctly and got the good long haul/euro tours you could earn a decent wedge of flight pay on top of your basic! The people who moaned about the pay were the ones renting rooms in London £800+pcm and driving around in leased mercs😵💫 I’d definitely go back for the travel if the opportunity ever arises and when my boy is old enough! X

I used to work for them and personally I thought the pay was decent, basic was terrible but if you bid correctly and got the good long haul/euro tours you could earn a decent wedge of flight pay on top of your basic! The people who moaned about the pay were the ones renting rooms in London £800+pcm and driving around in leased mercs😵💫 I’d definitely go back for the travel if the opportunity ever arises and when my boy is old enough! X
I worked in HO so only ever hear how awful the new cabin crew get paid. But she was an ambassador and did some extra work for then like the photos hoot in NY plus she built her social media following based on her travel pics and guides. I must say her insta has become so very dry since she stopped flying, she really doesn't have any semblance of a social life beyond going to Kingston Park these days

Reactions: 5
I agree with the poster above - she doesnt do much does she (apart from having the very occasional couple of friends over).

I agree with the poster above - she doesnt do much does she (apart from having the very occasional couple of friends over).
And "reading" the magazine subscription she gets paid to shill, I'm not surprised she's been bored stiff!

All her content now is her dog or her shilling tableware that nobody asked for

• Haha
I wonder if Jess has actually given up on being an influencer? I know she still posts affiliate links, but I don't think I've seen a paid-for advert in a while. She is barely on IG these days anyway other than to post her walks with Winnie and her £50 takeaways at the weekend. She had that meeting with Emily at the start of the year where they were planning for 2022 and I thought that would mean even more ads - but instead she went back to working at BA. It's a sort of strange turn of events. Maybe she decided she was done with the influencer life after getting her house furnished for free? I'd be surprised if this happens but she is pretty much MIA from IG these days.

They were also 100% planning on having a baby this year (remember how she talked about needing Freddie's office for 'something else') but I guess those plans changed too. I fully expected her to become a mummy vlogger after she ran out of reno content to share, but now I'm not so sure...

I wonder if Jess has actually given up on being an influencer? I know she still posts affiliate links, but I don't think I've seen a paid-for advert in a while. She is barely on IG these days anyway other than to post her walks with Winnie and her £50 takeaways at the weekend. She had that meeting with Emily at the start of the year where they were planning for 2022 and I thought that would mean even more ads - but instead she went back to working at BA. It's a sort of strange turn of events. Maybe she decided she was done with the influencer life after getting her house furnished for free? I'd be surprised if this happens but she is pretty much MIA from IG these days.

They were also 100% planning on having a baby this year (remember how she talked about needing Freddie's office for 'something else') but I guess those plans changed too. I fully expected her to become a mummy vlogger after she ran out of reno content to share, but now I'm not so sure...
You raise good point. The year before she quit as cabin crew she was doing both and said she was making good money from insta. I'd imagine her going back to that, especially if she is going part time at BA. Although it's interesting that she's not posting any content whilst flying. Makes me think she hasn't started flying yet, as they are required to do months of training to get their wings and she will need to be refreshed due to time away from the job.

She never hid the fact that Freddie hates being photographed all the time, I do imagine her work put a strain on their relationship. Did you notice that she never posts to insta now when she goes abroad with him, I get the feeling that's because he doesn't like it ruling their lives.

I wish her well and hope she does start posting her travels again, she had a good niche when doing that and it was so much more interesting than what light fittings she's chosen for her garden office and what exotic sea mammal she's cooking for dinner!

Reactions: 7
I think she perhaps feel ashamed telling people that she is an influencer. People judge influencers because it is honestly vapid. But it paid off for her for getting free fridge, paint, West Elm furniture etc, a grand saving of 10k

She perhaps also know the longevity of influencing. Emily has her stupid business going, Alice is a vet nurse - they all have back up plan.