Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I definitely think she got pregnant on purpose, she is very calculating. Generally I do feel sorry for women with young children/who are pregnant in this situation but not for someone like her tbh
I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, maybe it was calculated, but on the other hand, she met her husband in 2017 when she was 33, they got married two years later and then had children. If she wanted to have kids, that's an entirely normal timescale and the start of the decline of fertility. If she knew she was likely to go away for a period of time then even if that period of time was say five years, it would become much harder to become pregnant when she got out. It's not ideal but loads of kids grow up with one parent and whilst it's not ideal having one in prison at least they will have some sort of relationship until she gets released.

Reactions: 2
I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, maybe it was calculated, but on the other hand, she met her husband in 2017 when she was 33, they got married two years later and then had children. If she wanted to have kids, that's an entirely normal timescale and the start of the decline of fertility. If she knew she was likely to go away for a period of time then even if that period of time was say five years, it would become much harder to become pregnant when she got out. It's not ideal but loads of kids grow up with one parent and whilst it's not ideal having one in prison at least they will have some sort of relationship until she gets released.
I don't think she's married...if she was they'd go after him / his wealthy family to try and recoup some of what she owes. His parents are wealthy, he's nearly a decade younger than her and not unattractive meaning he could have found a nice rich gal from his circle. Why he's with her, getting together after the thernaous fraud / playing with people's health and their lives became public (very public) is a real head scratcher. People didn't just lose all their money, some lost their lives.

11 years is not enough. The trial seems to be all about the money she stole rather than the lives she was responsible for ending.

Reactions: 3
I have been watching The Dropout on BBC and it's really good. It's very odd that whilst Elizabeth was a 18 year old uni student, she was with a 37 year old married man.

Reactions: 5
I have been watching The Dropout on BBC and it's really good. It's very odd that whilst Elizabeth was a 18 year old uni student, she was with a 37 year old married man.
In terms of "oddness" I'd say this is the tip of the iceberg with Elizabeth.

Reactions: 4
I caught a couple of episodes the other day, it is very good

Reactions: 5
can confirm. Have watched the whole series (8 episodes I think) and really enjoyed it (had previously watched some of the "factual" documentaries on the story). I thought the cast were really good, Amanda Seyfried and Stephen Fry were both perfect (especially liked the part where she found her new voice, and the little touches like her closet full of black polo necks, all still with the price tags hanging on them). But the standout star for me was Naveen Andrews (Syed From Lost) as Sunny Balwani who I thought was superbly creepy and dramatically unstable at times too. The senator guy that was invested in it all was proper nasty as well!

Reactions: 4
My mind was blown watching it. I was like Lorraine looks like Blind Brenda from Road Trip. I looked it up and it is her around quarter of a century later!!!