Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks soooo good!
Just started this yesterday. There’s 3 episodes so far on Disney plus. That voice sounds weirder coming from Amanda for some reason. Maybe because it comes and goes more often than in interviews of Holmes. Although she blinks way too much, I’ve never seen Holmes blink 😂 she gives me the creeps.

Reactions: 5
Thought I'd give The Dropout a whirl and see whether it's worth watching over the weekend...binge watched 3 episodes and had to tear myself away for bed. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gotta admit, the gal's got moves...

22.gif

The suicide of Theranos Chief Scientist Ian Gibbons (Played by Stephen Fry) was tragic :cry:

On a lighter note, a young Elizabeth Holmes grinding up against a poster of Apple's Steve Jobs had me in hysterics.

123.gif

Reactions: 4
I listened to bad blood and have been watching the drop out too. Amanda blinks far too often and has far to healthy a head of hair to be a realistic Elizabeth Homes - the woman is like an android in so many of her interviews!

I can't believe she isn't being held in remand pending her sentencing. She put lives at risk yet more concern is placed on the top 1% being conned out of a few million.

How she managed to convince a guy, in his twenties, and who comes from a wealthy family, to hitch his wagon to her only further illustrates what a master manipulator and con artist she is. Now she has a baby (!) to try and get herself a shorter stretch inside. Well, her husband can look after it so there is no need to skimp on that twenty year sentence. The baby, dude and dog would all be better off with her far away from them all.

Reactions: 7
Just watched the HBO documentary, (thanks to whoever posted the link!) After watching the Drop out. Elizabeth reminds me of Matt Hancock, the mannerisms I mean. Totally got something else going on in their heads, looking after no'1.

Why is Elizabeth STILL awaiting trial? It blows my mind. She also has a kid?? wtf

Reactions: 1
Eleven Years, is this too lenient? She's obviously going to appeal and play the young mother just trying to make a difference in the world / wanting to help people etc. The prosecution were after 15, I read some were hoping for 30, this seems however more likely to be the fate of her ex boyfriend Balwani, who will most likely be the one to take the full blame.

Unless he's received his sentence and I just couldn't find it when I gooogled.

• Wow
Eleven Years, is this too lenient? She's obviously going to appeal and play the young mother just trying to make a difference in the world / wanting to help people etc. The prosecution were after 15, I read some were hoping for 30, this seems however more likely to be the fate of her ex boyfriend Balwani, who will most likely be the one to take the full blame.

Unless he's received his sentence and I just couldn't find it when I gooogled.
Wow, I just read the story. I missed it. I didn't know that she was pregnant again either. Seems highly irresponsible to me to be having children if you know that you are likely to be facing a prison sentence. Seems unfair that Balwani should get a harsher sentence than her IMO. I expected her to get longer.

Reactions: 6
Seems highly irresponsible to me to be having children if you know that you are likely to be facing a prison sentence.
It's almost like it was done on purpose 🤨

I know it's not a popular opinion but I can't stand mother's getting special treatment and getting off leniently. But it happens all the time.

Reactions: 14
The whole thing is sickening….. having 2 babies in quick succession when she’s facing jail time🤯she got off lightly ……. Didn’t realise Sunny’s trial had even happened and I can’t understand how he was found guilty on more charges than her, she must still have friends in high places!

Reactions: 2

I know it's not a popular opinion but I can't stand mother's getting special treatment and getting off leniently. But it happens all the time.
I think that the leniency might be for the children rather than the mother. She got pregnant when she knew that she was facing a prison sentence which other women might not know so its completely on her.

It might be different in the Uk but in the USA, the judge often doesn't take kindly to women being pregnant when going to prison as it's so incredibly selfish.

Reactions: 3
What will happen to the baby?.Will she get to keep it in prison with her for a while?.So reckless to get pregnant knowing she may not be around for years.

So pleased to find this thread. I recently watched The Dropout then watched a documentary about Elon Musk. I found the parallels disturbing, I'm so glad to discover that it's not just me who made the connection between the two.

Reactions: 3
I don't wish any ill will on the children, but I really hope her partner finds someone else while she is in the slammer.

What will happen to the baby?.Will she get to keep it in prison with her for a while?.So reckless to get pregnant knowing she may not be around for years.
I definitely think she got pregnant on purpose, she is very calculating. Generally I do feel sorry for women with young children/who are pregnant in this situation but not for someone like her tbh

Reactions: 2