Theranos and Elizabeth Holmes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm starting this thread because Elizabeth Holmes' criminal trail in the US is due to start next month and it things could get interesting (fingers crossed!). She faces 20 years in prison if found guilty of various wire fraud charges.

For those that don't know ...

Once the darling of Silicon Valley, Elizabeth Holmes was labelled as America's youngest female self-made Billionaire but once her years long fraud was discovered her net worth was adjusted to $0. She allegedly defrauded investors out of $700 million :eek:.

She seems like a batshit crazy psychopath and I've been fascinated with this case for years.

Wiki on Elizabeth Holmes - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Holmes
Wiki on Theranos - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theranos

theranos-elizabeth-holmes-01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I watched a documentary on her recently and she came across as a complete loon.... the way she changed her voice, only wore the black polos , look forward to the trial.

Reactions: 9
I watched a documentary on her recently and she came across as a complete loon.... the way she changed her voice, only wore the black polos , look forward to the trial.
Do you recommend the documentary? If so could you share where you found it please

Do you recommend the documentary? If so could you share where you found it please
I’ve found the hbo documentary to watch free on here it’ll share if anyone else would like to watch

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Jennifer Lawrence was attatched to play her in a film a one point, don't know if that is still happening.

Reactions: 1
I’ve found the hbo documentary to watch free on here it’ll share if anyone else would like to watch [URL unfurl="true" said:
I've been looking for a free way to watch this particular documentary for a couple of years now so thanks for posting this! 🙏

Reactions: 5

I’ve found the hbo documentary to watch free on here it’ll share if anyone else would like to watch
I think that’s the one I watched, I’d never heard of her before but it was very good. She was a master manipulator , very troubled at the back of it all........

Reactions: 2
She was/is very strange ... I think in her mind she believed if she dressed like Steve jobs she'd have the same amount of success.

I'm pretty sure she married a young hotel heir recently and looks completely different (normal) now. His family did not approve of the union.

Reactions: 2
Trial starts in a few weeks!!

Anyone else think she used Sunny Balwani for his tech expertise?

I'm pretty sure she married a young hotel heir recently and looks completely different (normal) now. His family did not approve of the union.
Yeah she marred the hotel her, he's her current victim and he's probably paying her legal fees from his trust fund :rolleyes: .

No. I think she used him for his money. He was worth $40 million + and he gave her a $20 million personal loan. But remember Theranos was a healthcare startup NOT a tech startup ( Steve Job's fangirl Elizabeth would vehemently disagree with this statement :rolleyes:) .Scientific expertise is what was needed not tech but there were no scientists on the Board of Directors just ex-politicians and wealthy businessmen 🤷‍♀️.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Trial starts in a few weeks!!

Oh, absolutely!

She certainly had a knack for convincing high-profile people to invest ... even persuaded Rupert Murdoch to come onboard.

In some ways, I feel like what she had *could* have worked - it's just that technology isn't there just yet.

Reactions: 3
Fun fact - her father Christian Holmes IV was a Vice President at Enron the energy corperation when it filed for bankruptcy in 2001 once a huge accountancy fraud was discovered! 😲. Enron lost ten's of billions of dollars of investors money! 😲 .

The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree does it?.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Yel

How have I only just heard that the court case started a few days ago! This could get very interesting.

Is she really trying to place all the blame on Sunny? Some of it might be true but I don't for a second think the whole scam was due to that
Screenshot_20210904-142809_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: 6
For those who can't access that documentary, this video is also interesting. (In fact, I discovered this fraud thanks to it.)

I also find interesting that nobody noticed the absence of experts in medicine, especially given the kind of product and service Theranos offered. That should be a clear red flag :unsure:😩.

EDIT: This interview with the reported who uncovered all of this seems to be pretty interesting as well:

Last edited:
Breaking news:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
60 mins australia did a really good doc about her.

Can't get over her fake voice in interviews so cringe. Unlike Wework where the company collapsed and the founder was still able to walk away with millions, she put people live's in danger by her false test results.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I was thinking of starting a thread about this case so glad to have found this. I read the book "Bad Blood" by John Carreyrou who originally broke the story and listened to the podcast. John Carreyrou also has a podcast. Find this whole scandal fascinating. Seems unsurprising that she is attempting to wriggle out of the charges. Fits with her personality and previous behaviour. A highly risky move to get pregnant and have a child when she is facing a 20 year jail term. From what I have read and heard she is absolutely guilty and I hope that she is held accountable for her crimes. Arrogant and dangerous person. Looking forward to watching the films that were posted here.