Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm new here, seen this thread being shared on Ig stories by other tubie sen parents. She said her friend is training and becoming ofsted registered. The government will help with child care costs only if the person is ofsted registered. He has a ehc plan, care can also be provided through that additionally, she brielfy mentioned continuing care said the support may be able to continue through that but she did not elaborate. There's 2 things on a ehc plan you can do on top of claiming childcare costs normally, apply for direct payments and a personal budget which can be used for different things, including care/support/personal assistants/additional private therapy.

My daughter is tube fed with complex needs, Ehc plans (education and healthcare plans) are for health too, you should have a social care assessment as part of it who assess what support you need and this gets added to a section in the ehc plan. Before she started school I got 30 hours free childcare paid for from age 3 to 4, I used a ofsted reg/approved Sen carer. She now gets additional funding paid to me through her ehc plan and I use that to hire a PA/carer for around the school hours.

Kaytee has the money raised to pay for care but there would be no need for her friend to be ofsted reg if she was going to use friends or family to do care privately. She might not have enough of that money left to pay for private care. Shes wearing Valentino trainers flannels sell for £710, the down payment on the merc, the hot tub (that immuno at GOSH told us never to put our daughter in, she's 6, tube fed & high risk of infection from the different bacteria found in hot tubs & cant regulate her body temp being underweight), holidays, engagement party, 5* hotel stays plus whatever else she has blown cash on as we only see what influencers want us to see. Her son will still receive the benefits he is entitled to even if she is working and I think J**** is still paying his way. She said she is earning less money now she works so that doesn't make sense if she is paying 700 smackers for trainers when most of us carers shop in primark.

She was getting 60 hours a week of carers and 15 hours of nursery. She will share the camera monitor stats to make people think he is awake constantly. We have the same monitor, her stats are fantastic compared to ours. Dont look at the bit where it flags up each movement detected, its sensitive and will flag up slight movements when my daughter is asleep, for instance her arms/legs moving, duvet/blanket movements. At the top it will say how many hours of actual sleep there has been. Kaytee cuts this bit off but occasionally you see a glimpse of it, the last time she shared a few days of stats, there was a couple of days where she didnt cut the top off in time and it showed he was having between 10 and 11 hours of physical sleep a night. On ours, if we get 5 hours of physically being asleep we see that as a miracle.

Alot of his needs are just delayed. He has been able to move around shuffling, hes starting to take steps, he can hold his weight for short periods, starting to talk, hes very aware and can communicate in his own way. She has showed him using her phone to make calls & he knows certain things like car and home. It upsets alot of us SEN parents when she says he cant communicate and has no mobility, some of us would move mountains for our children to be at his level. His progress is really showing over the past year, I would be celebrating if it was my daughter. Continuing Care are right to cut carers hours, it should have been cut months ago. Carers hours are not there so the parent can go out on the piss, there is a certain amount of funding and carers, if they give to one just because their mum is a influencer and can cause a media storm, it stops another child/family who actually needs it from having it.

The feeding school programme she used I have looked into, it is £108 for the assessment and
£4,223 for the programme. It's a standard fee per child, not a individual quote. I followed advice from GOSH who strictly advised against.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Tomtom2020

if we are already on next thread title suggestions let me throw one in

“don’t be fooled by the merc that ive got, I’m still kaytee, I need funds in my pot 💰💰💰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

YomAsal

I have a child with life limiting diagnoses, been through the same fights with continuing care etc. We didn't get care hours either and my daughter is far more complex than Jaxon. I can't even imagine the difference 60 hours care would make to my life, or even an involved ex, or a huge go fund me account, or a mate who could be trained up as a carer. Yet all she does is moan about Jaxon and the extra work he is while showing herself having long baths/going to the gym/nights out in London/leasing the most expensive motability cars. This isn't the reality for the vast majority of us with kids with complex needs who are just about keeping our heads above water and Im dismayed that people might think this is what we do with our lives.
She uses Jason for attention and its revolting, how undignified to have your bowel habits and your vomiting shared on social media by your own mother. He's a clever kid, he may well understand all this one day, and even if he didn't its not okay IMO.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Bunbun1

Chatty Member
Potential reasons why Kaytee is not working

1. she realised that nursing and taking selfie’s while posing in a nurses uniform are two very different things and one is very much harder
2. They wouldn’t let her decide which prescribed drugs to give to patients to make her workload easier
3. Her colleagues didn’t fawn over her and announce her queen bee of the ward straight away so she flounced
4. she fucked up, got reprimanded and flounced
5. She fucked up and is suspended
6. She kept insisting that the patients don’t need to eat that often and if you just feed them a large amount once a day you save yourself a lot of time and effort
7. Too much effort
8. None of the doctors were single
9. They wouldn’t let her set up a corner of the corridor with some candles and an inspirational quote in a frame
10. She came into work wearing a uniform covered in cat hair and thought it was cute
11. She was asking the patients to tip her
12. One of the doctors is single and he’s made a sexual harassment claim against her
13. They saw her insta and realised she can’t care for one toddler let alone a ward full of patients
14. She was just terrible at it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I don’t want to discuss her son or his medical problems, but what I will say is this. As an individual person, she is exactly the same as all the other “mummy influencers” - she’s no different. She uses her child as fodder for her social media channels and takes all the money & freebies she can get her hands on - not for his benefit, but for herself!!!!!!!!!! She’s just as bad as all the rest of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Spyglass

If any of you follow the proper SEN parents who support each other, by not only putting in others fundraisers but sharing other children's milestones, celebrating their success and achievements.... And also rallying around to support parents when they are struggling with their mental health... And being an army of support when one of the SEN community looses a child.... You will see that Kaytee is definitely not in this category.

The parents who continously push their child, who do all therapies themselves, researching for anything to help their child, fighting to show others that disabilities are not something to fear.. To pity. But something to love... To include just like any other minority in society. They are always educating in a polite and nice way. They play with their children. They create bucket lists that instead of a trip to dubai... Its "jump in a muddy puddle" whilst holding their quadriplegic child who cannot hold their own head up let alone jump unaided.

The parents who have to swallow their pride to fundraise for treatment in another country... For a walker because the NHS won't fund... Who show you that after purchasing, who don't have influencer friends that can share their fundraiser. Who do raffles, tombolas, challenges, auction nights to raise that money that will literally be life saving or enhancing their child's life.

The parents who have much more complex children. Who cannot do half of the amazing abilities kaytees son can do. Who never ever focus on what they can't do.... But what they can. The slight movement in their hand, they've coughed to clear their throat for the first time... They've managed to press a switch to consistently say yes to a closed question to communicate because they cannot communicate AT ALL.

Those parents never play on their child's disabilities. They never play the pity card. Who never seem to moan... They just get on with it. Those parents who all followed kaytee and watched her charade from THE VERY BEGINNING. This hasn't just been after the fundraisers. This has been since the day she started her account. Many of us do not stop and think to take a photo of our child getting into an ambulance. We do not think to film our children vomiting, screaming, looking desperately thin, leaving our children in hospital to go get pissed on a golf course.

The parents who sleep upright in a chair beside their child. Who have had a much tougher ride than kaytee. Watching her tell her followers how severe her sons abilities are. Insisting her son scores high in areas their children do when her son doesn't even qualify to score low on these areas. Who constantly uses her son to gain popularity.

That woman will never in a million years represent the SEN community I follow and am part of. Her whole outlook on disabilities, her using that as her platform to get ad work... To fund a lifestyle she has always wanted from the start of her Instagram blogging. The only reason people are seeing it more is because it's getting more frequent, her lies and inconsistencies are beginning to catch up with her. But I assure you they have always been there.
That woman has never wanted to be an advocate for this community. She's wanted carers for herself because she cannot cope. She doesn't want to care for her child. She wants others to do that whilst she lives her influencer, adventure lifestyle.

Her blatent lack of compassion to others in a worse position than herself disgusts me. For someone wanting to be the voice of a community she supposedly cares for, she has treated them appaulingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Bunbun1

Chatty Member
I’m just finding her so hypocritical/inconsistent these days.
I first heard of her when a post went viral criticising mums who send kids to school/childcare when I’ll as they may pass a virus to a vulnerable child like hers. I understood where it was coming from, but I also found it to be a bit... naive? On average kids get 8 colds a year. It’s just not possible for working parents to take all that time off, and then there’s school attendance... it’s just not an option for many parents to do that, but now they have the added guilt of harming another child.
Since the pandemic started, I’ve seen parents give up care support and burn theirselves into the ground while shielding their child. Kaytee continued with carers, has started work in a hospital, ignored a track and trace notification to shield, gone to work when ill herself!!!!, and had various short breaks in the UK. Then she’ll say on stories how seriously she is taking covid...
it just feels like she suits herself and then rationalises it afterwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Belulah

VIP Member
I followed Kaytee for a long time and I used to find her stories really interesting however she does love her labels, and she does love to show off her Merc and the time expensive hotels. I find her very materialistic and very vain.

• Heart
I've never understood her using continuing care for when she's working.. I know where I'm from it's to be used for the carer to have respite... For example going to bed to sleep, reading a book watch a film, go see your friend for a coffee, go shopping....
However shes used it so she can work... And she's also been out drinking at night when she has the carers.
Now where I live your not allowed to use them for those two reasons. You have to be reachable in case they need you and.. Continuing care isn't always the same carer. In my area there's about 12 of them and they all do shift work so you could have a different one each day some times.
Carers are for you to REST so you can be your best and on your game for when you don't have carers. Not to go out to do a 12 hour shift working...
Or going out on lash where if there was a problem she wouldn't be contactable...
But that's just my experience of it.
In my eyes she uses continuing care as child care. Continuing care isnt childcare. It isn't a sit in nanny. They are trained on tracheostomys, suctioning, seizures, oxygen... (non of the things her son has).
In my eyes she's always abused something others have because they really do need that time to have for themselves not using it as child care.
Think she's also referred to it a few times as childcare.

I don't think she's a terrible mother, I just feel her choices she's made are questionable. In my eyes she puts herself first every single time. She loves that little boy there is not question about that however I firmly feel her situation with her son doesn't tie in with how she'd dreamt it would be. The easyness of bunging a pushchair in back of car, feeding him when off on her holidays (she's already said how easy it would be just being able to buy him some crisps to eat when out and about to feed him.... Think she thinks he can survive on just packets of crisps 😂)
The equipment she does have we hardly ever see her use. Even down to carrying him on her hip rather than be in his wheelchair.

The merc.... There are SEN parents who drive big WAVS wheelchair accessible wheelchairs. Kaytee... Do you think they really want to drive those huge vehicles? Being limited to where you can park, having to onload and offload a wheelchair, clamping it in etc but they do it because they are one greatful they are provided with transport for their child... And two it's safer.. And easier for them. I also don't see many of those drivers pay extra for an all singing all dancing wav... They can afford the basic one.
Again... Its not about her sons needs... But her own. She tried justifying the merc by saying her son absolutely loved the sun roof.
The fecking sun roof 😂
Nearly every car has one of them kaytee you didn't need to spend your sons fundraising money for that.

It's all about her. She's had a taste of the high life and she wants it. That's her goal. Wether that's through rich boyfriends.... Or her instagram platform. It's not about her son because if it was she'd be acting differently with how that money is spent, the choices she's made and not trying so hard to be the best at everything. Your goal should be the best mother not the best Jack of all trades...
People keep saying shes not a terrible mother or nobody can say she isnt a good mum ... but... shes not the best mum she could be. Look at the whole picture, her privileges make people not want to put her parenting down. If she was a black woman, asian, gypsy, white from a bad postcode area - but still acted the same as she does now, would people still say shes not a terrible mother, would she have everyone thinking shes superwoman? It would be look at that black woman who's letting her kid poke himself in the head with forks and knives. People would be noticing she doesnt do much with him and that everything is about money, to start off with she wouldn't have had as many people donating to her in the first place. She isnt as good of a mum as people think. She left him to go abroad when he only just came out of hospital, you see him playing with the cutlery instead of age appropriate toys, shes wasting his money that he might really need one day, fair enough spend the money but spend it on him too, not just on trainers, holidays and sunroofs. I would like to see her blow 2 grand on sensory equipment, do him a sensory room for a start, get him things for the garden to promote his mobility, imagination and independence. Wastes thousands on a hot tub but why not think about getting him a adapted trike instead? Toys. Wheres his toys? Wheres the family days out to child friendly places like Thomas land etc? Seaside holidays instead of the bloody shard? We see handbags, mercedes, gymwear that costs £200, £700 trainers,designer gear for her but hes in a nasty brown ( too big) jumpsuit. When shes moaning about carers it's often been when shes going out and theyve cancelled. Shes left him in a hospice before to go away. Shes said in the past that she doesnt know how shes supposed to have a social life if she loses carers. That's not what carers are for. She has put him across the net in his worst moments, covered in vomit and shit. That's not for his best interests, that's for her to gain sympathy for her and not him. Shes used him for ads. Advocate for your child but you still protect their privacy, not everything has to be filmed and showed to 60k. Why does she need so much money, she encourages people to engage with her ads, but why is she so obsessed with making a career out of her disabled boy and instagram. Shes already got plenty of money thanks to everyone but wants more and more, she makes a big deal about making memories with him, do that then, she should put her phone down and make memories. Get the play doh out, bake, paint, have a giggle. If it was someone else people would be disgusted she puts her child at risk, which she does repeatedly. Who doesnt listen to their doctors and puts their child on a dangerous feeding programme where he started to look awful within days, just so they can have the convenience of being able to throw a snack at him instead of doing tube feeds, who blows thousands on a hot tub that could cause him to pick up a infection that can be FATAL to him. Why get not 1 but 2 kittens that could lead him to getting ill? Why moan at everyone about lockdown rules but then break them yourself, putting him at risk when hes vulnerable? Why did she not work before a pandemic as a nurse but then chose to start working in pandemic as a nurse knowing she could bring the virus home to him. Why isnt she cleaning everything like other mums are. Why didnt she shield him the same as others did. But then shes telling everyone how they must becareful because of people like jaxson. If it was another mum people would have torn her parenting apart and said shes not as good of a mum as she claims she is. She gives people the impression of being a super mum, look beneath it all. We see what she shares. As soon as her phones off, jaxson could be sitting there with the damn kittens covered in shit whilst shes trying on her latest gifted clothes order or making a new scene in her room to take photos.

I’m not sure how you get a blue tick 🤔 but it can’t be because of the amount of followers
She applied for it, you have to request verification and send off your ID. They look at your account and make a decision. Some famous people will get it automatically but she had to apply. Just the fact that she applied for a blue tick shows you she just wanted to be insta famous

Last edited:
  • Heart

Meeeeeeeeeeeee

She boils my blood 😡 I’ve said before I have 2 children both with needs, one going blind and has major sensory issues another one who has massive delays and peg fed. With the little one we were told they’d never walk talk etc but with hard input from us as they’re parent they are now walking and trying so very hard to talk. I want to shout that from the rooftops I’m so incredibly proud how far they’ve come considering the initial diagnosis. We have no help whatsoever, my husband and I are frontline nhs, either he’s in work or I am. Our little one is peg fed every few hours as they can’t tolerate huge volumes but whatever goes in inevitably they vomit, doesn’t know how to swallow so is a massive risk of aspiration. I get up all through the night to feed, sit up for a good hour after as I’m afraid to put them back to bed in case they’re sick. We are fighting for a cot at the moment so I don’t have to physically get them up, I can just incline the cot to lessen the risk of aspiration but we’re deemed to not need that. She is not the face of a SEN parent, she doesn’t represent what I’m trying to fight for, for my children 😡😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I think the problem is that her account started as a sen account, lots of support from the sen community. The over exposure of her child was justified on the basis of raising awareness. But then she transitioned to ads, using him as the main pull for ads, ie pls engage with my ads guys because it keeps my sen child fed and clothed. The level of exploitation and manipulation of followers is extreme and it's hard to say no when a sen child is involved and every ad she reminds people that if we engage with ads we keep her afloat, keep J cared for etc
This massively blurred the boundaries and she became just another influencer, this time using the medical and personal issues of her child as the click bait for razors, sanitizer, Dove ads, Heinz ads (when we all know he can't eat), ads for all kinds...

I unfollowed because the medical history of your child should not be Insta fodder or click bait. There are many many sen families on Insta, but they have boundaries and despite what anyone says sen children deserve the same privacy and dignity as non sen children. I wish her well and think the system is flawed and her biggest contribution is that she exposed the flaws in an awful care system. But the rest is just opportunistic exploitation.

• Heart

Meeeeeeeeeeeee

I’m a SEN mummy to 2 very special children, both myself and husband are nurses and we live month to month. We get no help at all, we do everything between us. If he’s in work I’m off and vice versa. I get up every 4 hours to peg feed my youngest (2) give timed medications they have nothing orally, the vomits are horrendous especially as they have an unsafe swallow. Anyway she grinds me as she comes across as so ungrateful, gives the image of a very lavish lifestyle, she gets a break, my break is work!! I’m not saying she’s not a 100% devoted mother she certainly is I don’t know there’s something that doesn’t sit right with me.....I can only dream of a luxury nights stay in a hotel with my husband and have a full nights sleep!! I’m just not fussed on her or her attitude, her arrogance

• Heart

LividLalji

VIP Member
Scrambled beg on toast. Total hypocrite who thinks she’s untouchable and it’s her way or no way.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Badaboom

VIP Member
I wish she would stop moaning about how long it takes to film adverts, as if we are supposed to be grateful. If they are too much effort then don’t do them, no one would care. If you want to make Instagram a job then you need to work the hours the same as every job!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Spyglass

Bravo my lovely, Bravo! 😘😘😘

I was only thinking today she has no shame, embarrassment or guilt about what she has done and continues to do. And you are so right in pointing out this isn’t new. I see a lot of people who think she’s changed or has recently shown her true colours yet we have seen it for much longer. Like you say since the beginning. It’s just more obvious now because she feels invincible and untouchable....so why even pretend.
This is what I don't understand when I see people say... Since the fundraisers. No. This behaviour hasn't started since then... This behaviour of hers has been there right from the start. She's known all along the direction she wants to go, knowing how to go about that thru filming herself in hospital, portraying herself as single mum kaytee to a very complex child living in hospital, she's not the first.... There are thousands who have been in her shoes and have lived in hospitals a lot longer. Not that it's a contest as to whose had a tougher ride but the way she writes, and portrays herself you'd think she's the only woman in the world to have stayed in a hospital with her poorly child. She knows graphic pictures and videos will get people giving her attention. It's quite concerning that the first thing that enters her head when an ambulance comes is to get out her phone to take a picture or video to post on social media. Her whole life is for social media. Non of it is private, except her family and her sons dad that she purposefully doesn't talk about and plays down because she knows that doesn't fit with her narrative.
She's a narcissist. Plain and simple. And that has had to have been there way before her son came along. She used to have a fb account that you could see past status's on there... An old twitter account all of which have been either deleted or privacy settings changed because she doesn't want people seeing.
She used to run a pole dancing class at university. From the stuff I've seen and read there must have been some bad blood there too. She isn't the nice person people think. I don't understand when people say she's a brilliant mother because she isn't.

Her son is amazing. His abilities should be shouted from the roof tops. Because he's doing fantastically well.
But kaytee I am sorry is a nasty, attention seeking manipulator and she's pulling the Puppet strings on every one of her followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Spyglass

New hair do? Hair looks darker and looks shorter. I love how she has time to care for herself.... Then leaves her sons care bottom of the list to do.
He's been chucked the ipad again to entertain himself. Whilst she uploads yet another ad of all the gifted stuff she's getting daily.

Shes begged for a modelling contract so so many times for her son over the years. Tagging River Island in a ton of her stories and banging on about him being model material. He used to live in a nappy that desperately needed changing, being dragged across her shit stained carpet. Tube hanging out. She used to take him out in the cold with no shoes on his feet. It's only recently she's forked out clothes for him.... Then did the reel begging to be seen by Zara. Making sure her son was stood in his walker for added pull on their heart strings feel.

But... Hey.. She can only now afford him books 😂 now she's bought herself gucci, prada, chanel, latest nikes and all her technology. I really don't think she was ready for motherhood. She's clearly too obsessed with herself.

4 hours doing an ad.

Your son should be priority. Not your desperate fight for fame.

Reactions: 24
I've seen a few mention she raised over £100,000, I thought it was less than that? Her chair fundraiser raised £23,942, Megan Lanes just giving fundraiser raised £8,642, Susie and Rosie's go fund me £18,408 so a total of £50,992. Was there more fundraisers then if she raised over £100k 😯 how the heck did she manage to raise over 100k, are there more fundraisers, do you know if people are still donating 😯

The 75 hours for a chiropractor is too generous a estimate. Theres no way he would have had 75 hours without her mentioning it at least once on instagram. My daughter is under GOSH too, when her consultant heard we had paid for 2 sessions with a local chiropractor, he referred us to their own. Infants Js age only have minimal sessions with chiros, GOSH recommended other options to us similar to what Kaytee started doing so I assumed at the time she had been told the same by GOSH too as I noticed she was taking him to footprints in nottingham and after speaking to GOSH about chiros and we took my daughter to similar sessions that Footprints do by us. Most are charity run so you make a donation if you can afford it. If J needed a private chiro it would be listed on his EHC plan so could get this paid for by direct payments/personal budget. Same with a speech and language. It would be on his EHC if required, he should be under the S&L team and if she wanted to source this herself she could get direct payments/personal budget for it.

There is no way Kaytee will be paying agency or private carers. Jaxson needs childcare not carers for a start. Two different things. There is no need for her to pay privately for anything like this.

Shes stopped talking about her bestie being ofsted registered and going to be providing his care. She apparently quit her job to do it. She wont mention this again I suspect it was a lie to justify their girly weekend in london. But she can hire a ofsted registered childminder to fit around nursery/school so she can work, there are SEN childminders in nottingham I just checked on google. Some charge as little as £4.50 a hour or have day rates between £30-£50 per day. She will be able to claim back 85% of childcare costs depending on what shes earning.

She said previously there are no special need nurserys at all in nottingham. Every council has to have a section on their website called 'local offer' listing everything available for children with SEND. They have listed 144 childcare nurserys listed for children with disabilities in nottingham, some have fulltime places & 133 offer free places for 3&4 yr olds including school nurseries. You can also find an approved SEN childminder through the local offer service or source yourself through the many websites that they advertise their services with. I had to do this with my daughter and the council helped me sort it all out.

J has a EHC plan and unless he has been moved onto a child protection plan he should be on a child in need plan. If Kaytee needs carers for respite/care reasons she can employ people herself through his EHC plan and claim a personal budget and/or Direct payments. She can either arrange it herself or the council can remain in charge of the funds. She could try and get a carer or a PA this way but she wouldn't get full time hours paid because it's not there to provide full time childcare so you can work. She can use childcare for most of the hours and have a personal budget/direct payments to cover the rest. She would only get this if they assessed them to actual need it. Does she? If she put her phone down, she would find she has alot of time to do things.

Talking about EHCs. She mentioned yesterday she went through it months ago and made corrections and is now doing it again. She also said they have a school named. Schools can only be named on the final copy of a EHC plan not on the draft, even if they know where it will be, it's never put on the draft by law. You check a EHC draft plan and can make ammendments within 15 days the final is then sent out. If you dont agree with the final you have to appeal, got to mediation and then sendist tribunal. If she went through it a few months back I doubt it is annual review time. If a school is already named it must be a final copy and they have done it really early, the deadline for Js age is 15th February. Continuing care can only be withdrawn if there is no evidence of a priority or severe needs and other services and providers can manage needs. If she is looking at his EHC again I would be inclined to think she has had or is about to have a emergency review or they have done a ammendment notice and sent a final out. They dont need to send a draft out if they do a ammendment note, if something needs taking out or adding to it they can just do it.

This would make sense if continuing care are withdrawing. Either them or Kaytee can request a emergency review or they can just do a ammendment notice. They can then amend his ehcp to include a personal budget and/or direct payments so she can employ people if hes assessed to need it. They can do a amendment notice without contacting you or calling a review meeting too, they then send the final out.

Also any one can request a social carers assessment. J will be on a CIN plan as well as the EHC plan. There is no way Kaytee will be using the fundraiser to pay privately. Lots of us in the sen community told her at the time she didnt need to raise money for carers, she knows about direct payments and personal budgets, she knows she could request PA hours to be paid for, she knew she could get up to 85% of childcare costs covered too if shes working. She knew before the others set their fundraisers up for her but never explained to her followers she had other options and distanced herself from the sen parents who were trying to help her understand things. Looking back it's clear she didnt want people to tell her things she knew but didnt want all the none sen followers knowing how things work. She did a post once on her grid where she said she had found lots of people in the sen community but had then found people who had no experience of what our life was like and she had a greater appreciation for those people because they could learn from her. She meant those with no experience she could tell lies and manipulate them, giving a sob story so they put their hands in their pockets.

If they deem Js needs are not high enough to warrant a PA/carer through personal budget she needs to tell people the reason why she wants to pay for carers is not because it's not provided its because hes not bad enough to need them and she really she wants to use them for childcare which is not what carers are for, she should say its because she doesnt want to be a fulltime mum and needs time to socialise and go to events. She knows she can claim up to 85% back plus has 15 hours of free nursery time. If she isnt eligible for up to 85% back it's because she is earning too much and doesnt need help to pay it. That's not a excuse to make strangers on the net pay for it by pretending shes hard done by. (Working as a nurse isnt a excuse either, you can see shes about to quit that if she hasnt already, shes earning enough without doing 16 hours of nursing a week)

Babies have their parents up throughout the night. If it was the law that people had carers if their child didnt sleep through the night, all parents at some point would be entitled to carers. J gets between 10 and 11 hours of sleep according to the stats she posts herself, theres no need for night time carers based on those figures.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Cruddle

Another Sen mum here, just to say I am so glad to have found this thread, when I first found her account I was genuinely so shocked, I know of far more complex children than her son who receive very little support if any, it makes me sad thought that her account has such a huge following as it’s just not a true representation of what being a sen parent is like. Many of us are awake with our children round the clock providing care 24/7 with no help, but you know what I love my children, and although it’s difficult a lot of the time, I understand that parenting is tough for all parents and I just have to get on with it. It also amazes me that she finds the time to use Instagram so often, if things are really as difficult as she claims they are than how come all the free time. I also couldn’t understand how she was so comfortable with all the fundraisers, personally I would be mortified if people hardworking people were just giving me their hard earned money. I hope people see through her because she really is unbearable

• Heart
I’m not sure what I make of her tbh, I think she does an amazing job with her son but there’s something about the constant complaining that annoys me. I don’t dislike her at all and am not being mean about her but I did unfollow because it didn’t sit right with me to hear her constantly moan about everything. Her son is a charming, happy little man and the battle he has daily is heartbreaking but she wants it all if that makes sense, unfortunately when you have a child with complex needs your life is all about the care the child needs, with her being turned down for extra carers (wrongly in my option) her jumping into going to work as nurse while being a single parent and then complaining about not having help and being exhausted etc I found puzzling. Her son is having the best life possible with her as his mother and I commend her for that and you can see she absolutely adores him and him her.

I dont like how she builds things up so followers begin to fret or wonder what's going on. She filmed him being wheeled down for his MRI under GA 22 hours ago, she's been mentioning the dangers around GAs for J quite a bit recently, she saw fit to share him being wheeled down yet theres been no update since. GOSH work off 2 lists a day for MRI under GAs.

It doesnt matter if your on the morning or afternoon list, your child is usually discharged within a few hours of the MRI even if your on the afternoon list, they very rarely stay in unless theres complications or severe side effects of the GA. J was having a MRI not a procedure or surgery. GOSH are used to doing MRIs under GAs for medically complex children who are high risk under GA, she has mentioned having to have a specialist present during the MRI but that is nothing new and pretty standard from our own experience plus other GOSH children I know. GOSH are the best of the best, they will have specialists present just to be on the safe side.

Kaytee knows her followers are invested in J, her DMs will be full of people concerned as she hasnt given a update that things went ok. If she saw fit to film him before, but hasnt seen fit to update everyone after, it makes you wonder if something has happened or if she purposely delays in updating people for the attention. She has done this before, built it up so people are waiting for news that alls ok but then leaves it ages before updating. It does make you worry about J, it makes you check her account for news and so many will be thinking of him not knowing if hes ok.

• Heart