TheLongMum #4 Charity shops, coffee hops, northern kn*bs, anything that makes the parenting stop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More efforts to convince us (or herself) that the kids don't spend 50% of the week with their dad. "I don't rush to get everyone up and out of bed on a weekend, I do that all week" no you don't hun, if they've been with you all weekend (which you're implying they have been) then they'll have been with their dad most of the school week meaning you've done duck all except get your own sorry ass out of bed and to work. I really hate that she tries to create a narrative where she's a lone parent struggling to do it all alone, and conveniently forgets that we all have eyes and we can see that's not the case.

Reactions: 4
Had a weird dream about Anna, that I lived with her and the girls and she went off with a guy and left me looking after the girls for two days. I couldn’t get hold of her in any way so assumed something had happened so had to call the police to report her missing (she was only meant to have been gone for one night). Then she rocked up the next day completely hungover and wanting to go to bed - I told her no she owed me an apology for having to look after her kids for 3 days so she could go out and party with a random bloke and she needs to apologise to the kids too. Then she stormed off and went out but posted on instagram about how she’s had a bad start to the week but pastries and new clothes make it better 😭😂 this sounds like something that would genuinely happen

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know yours was only a dream but I definitely remember a story about her leaving the youngest with her ex while she was still breastfeeding knowing damn well he wouldn't be able to settle her and laughing about it. She'd said she'd be back to collect her in the evening but deliberately left her there all night as a "duck you" to him but all I could think about was that poor baby screaming for her mum's boob and him not being able to do anything about it. I've never forgotten that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Her woe is me Mother’s Day stories… I’m conflicted. Of course her ex should have organised a card from the girls from her. But also she literally doesn’t give a duck about being a mum to those girls and is probably very happy that she doesn’t have them today. Where was the effort for V’s birthday? Remember how she flat out told the girls they wouldn’t be getting much for Xmas so don’t have high hopes (and V even put something to that effect in a card which Anna showed and thought was hilarious), yet spunked money on new clothes/hair/makeup/invisalign/train journeys for northern dick at the time??? When those girls are older they will have a very strained relationship with Anna (if any relationship at all)
---

Attachments

• Sad
Yeah I do think it's tit from him tbh. You have to rise above this stuff as a parent because it's important for the children.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah I do think it's tit from him tbh. You have to rise above this stuff as a parent because it's important for the children.
Yeah it’s absolutely tit from him and he should have ensured they had made/got her a card at the very least. I understand the feeling as my ex hasn’t bothered either last year or today. I wonder if she ever bothered with getting them to do a Father’s Day card for him? I don’t remember her ever saying about it and I feel like she would crow from the rooftops if she did. She seems the type to not bother with it because of “the patriarchy” and “every day is man’s day”

Reactions: 7
I wonder if she ever bothered with getting them to do a Father’s Day card for him? I don’t remember her ever saying about it and I feel like she would crow from the rooftops if she did. She seems the type to not bother with it because of “the patriarchy” and “every day is man’s day”
Well this is it. We don't know the full story. Perhaps she never bothers with fathers day so he thinks why should I. Maybe the girls did get her a card but seeing as they're not with her today perhaps she'll get it when she sees them next. There's a whole Instagram narrative she's trying to push which isn't necessarily accurate. Of course yeah maybe her ex didn't bother and that's a bit tit, but Anna has never let the truth get in the way of a good story has she.

To be fair her mum could have sorted cards / gifts from the girls. I can’t imagine that she sorts Father’s Day cards from the girls to her ex - so can see why he would make no effort in return.
She really is the champion at being hard done to.

It's not much effort to get your children a card for their mother. My brother (who is a massive twit) and his ex had a very acrimonious split but he still made sure his girls got their mum a card and a little present, his ex never returned the favour. It definitely shows Anna's ex is a prick

It's not much effort to get your children a card for their mother. My brother (who is a massive twit) and his ex had a very acrimonious split but he still made sure his girls got their mum a card and a little present, his ex never returned the favour. It definitely shows Anna's ex is a prick
Yeah in this case I do think it’s the other parents responsibility to ensure their child gets the other one a card. It’s just mannerful, they have 50% custody it seems, they need to ensure respect is being shown. And in the same way he should get a Father’s Day card too

Maybe he didn't get her a card because he asked Violet and she said oh it's ok I made one at brownies...? I honestly don't think we have enough information to simply brand the ex a prick and feel sorry for Anna. I also didn't like the little screen grab of their text exchange, there was very little context and she only posted it because it fit her particular narrative.

Reactions: 5
Maybe he didn't get her a card because he asked Violet and she said oh it's ok I made one at brownies...? I honestly don't think we have enough information to simply brand the ex a prick and feel sorry for Anna. I also didn't like the little screen grab of their text exchange, there was very little context and she only posted it because it fit her particular narrative.
Yep I was going to say similar. We got one side of a story and a cropped exchange. Personally I thought it was weird that she asked, and his reply made me wonder if it was part of a wider argument.
And she did get a card, it’s in the picture… is something purchased from a shop really so much more meaningful?

Reactions: 2
Only Anna could hold a literal handmade card from her daughter in her hand and be salty that her ex didn't buy her one.

I hated Mother’s Day and all that because my mother was exactly like Anna. You couldn’t do right for doing wrong and she made such a big deal out of not getting cards and presents. As a child I came to dread birthdays and stuff because she always had something to say. I remember buying her some fake roses - the kind of thing they sell in Tesco and she got it and said wtf is this, is this the best your dad could do. But I picked the present, not my dad. She went to her room and cried and I never saw them again, I think she binned them. My daughter picked a silly teddy for me yesterday and I said it was the most amazing present I’d ever seen, I just can’t imagine ever making her feel like tit about it. I was actually disappointed she didn’t make a card at school this year but I got a bought card and I made out it was amazing. Anna is a horrible, self indulgent twit and clearly whatever counselling she did didn’t work. She doesn’t want to change and I feel so sorry for those kids and their tit childhood, it’s emotional abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I hated Mother’s Day and all that because my mother was exactly like Anna. You couldn’t do right for doing wrong and she made such a big deal out of not getting cards and presents. As a child I came to dread birthdays and stuff because she always had something to say. I remember buying her some fake roses - the kind of thing they sell in Tesco and she got it and said wtf is this, is this the best your dad could do. But I picked the present, not my dad. She went to her room and cried and I never saw them again, I think she binned them. My daughter picked a silly teddy for me yesterday and I said it was the most amazing present I’d ever seen, I just can’t imagine ever making her feel like tit about it. I was actually disappointed she didn’t make a card at school this year but I got a bought card and I made out it was amazing. Anna is a horrible, self indulgent twit and clearly whatever counselling she did didn’t work. She doesn’t want to change and I feel so sorry for those kids and their tit childhood, it’s emotional abuse.
My mum was exactly the same. I’m so thankful I’ve broken the cycle with my own kids. Sounds like you have too 🥰❤

My mum was exactly the same. I’m so thankful I’ve broken the cycle with my own kids. Sounds like you have too 🥰❤
I want my kids to know how to say thanks and be grateful no matter how big or small. So i hope it breaks the cycle!

• Heart
Back whining about another broken relationship. Yawn. If only she’d put even half that energy into her children

Reactions: 3
Oh she definitely HAS got adhd now has she? Guarantee you she has just self diagnosed and hasn’t got a professional one.

And she’s going to the gym ffs 😂😂😂 she’ll be back pleading poverty over the Easter holidays in a few weeks.

She should stop trying to find validation with every bloke who looks her way. She’s always got to have a bloke on the go. Not saying she can’t be looking for a relationship but she’s not in the right place to do that. She should work on herself first before attaching herself to someone.

Attachments

"I don't like who I've been for the last six months"

"My children haven't been involved with any of this and I'm a good mum"

Ummm no hun, they've been involved. Kids aren't stupid. Even if this toxic man hasn't been to the house while the kids were there (which I doubt) they'll have been picking up on your vibes.

Also, begins the reel by saying she needs to take accountability then blames it all on her ADHD.

Attachments