TheLongMum #4 Charity shops, coffee hops, northern kn*bs, anything that makes the parenting stop

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @lurkyoulongtime for the winning thread title suggestion! Changed it ever so slightly as we’re not allowed rude words in thread titles. Original suggestion was: Charity shops, coffee hops, northern cocks anything that makes the parenting stop

If someone can do a recap that would be great

Reactions: 4
More of the same from Anna really.

Sourly narrated ads, endless coffee and charity shop rummages, lamenting the fact that she has to parent her children.

Had a boyfriend, posted profusely about said boyfriend and spent many weekends and many pennies travelling up north to see him (he apparently never travelled to see her - telling), stole his leather jacket and then he abruptly and mysteriously disappeared.

Now has a 2 day a week NHS admin job - moans about that too.

Imagine going to a bar on the way home from a school run, and going online to moan that your kid would rather watch YouTube on your phone then take pics of you with your glass of wine.

Also l just your reminder again that she bought V two little presents for her birthday one of which was a pot of slime from the works that cost a similar amount to the glass of wine she’s guzzling. Because priorities.

Reactions: 5
Has her kids for what looks like the first weekend in forever, goes to her mums and buggers off upstairs for a "lie down" (pouty selfie session on the bed)

Has her kids for what looks like the first weekend in forever, goes to her mums and buggers off upstairs for a "lie down" (pouty selfie session on the bed)
I'm not sure what she expected having children would be like. They need you. They're noisy and messy and take up space. She seems to resent them for it.

The last story where her youngest is chanting "wobbly boobies" at her. Maybe I'm being overly critical but if my kid said something hurtful like that to me I wouldn't just lie there and take it. How about use it as an opportunity to educate them on not saying hurtful things about other people's bodies? My kid once told me my legs were "massive" and we had a good chat about why that's not cool, and he never did it again. Those children are just left to do and say whatever the duck they want with no consequence and then she'll wonder why they are bullies in the playground later on. "It's ok girls, you can call people fat/ugly/wobbly but as long as you don't bring race into it you're cool". The youngest is gonna have a monumental shock when she starts school in September.

Reactions: 3
The last story where her youngest is chanting "wobbly boobies" at her. Maybe I'm being overly critical but if my kid said something hurtful like that to me I wouldn't just lie there and take it. How about use it as an opportunity to educate them on not saying hurtful things about other people's bodies? My kid once told me my legs were "massive" and we had a good chat about why that's not cool, and he never did it again. Those children are just left to do and say whatever the duck they want with no consequence and then she'll wonder why they are bullies in the playground later on. "It's ok girls, you can call people fat/ugly/wobbly but as long as you don't bring race into it you're cool". The youngest is gonna have a monumental shock when she starts school in September.
My kid loves to jiggle my belly. She thinks it’s wonderful that bellies jiggle. She’s not being mean or hurtful because she doesn’t know yet that society puts a higher value on flat firm bellies. To her my belly is 👌. She will jiggle it and exclaim I am beautiful in the same breath.
Boobs are meant to be wobbly. It’s normal for a 40 odd year old woman’s boobs to wobble. For me the question is why is Anna calling it body shaming? Do we think that young child intends to shame her mother for having perfectly normal breasts for her age OR is she just observing her mothers body as it is without judgement?
If she is passing judgement and shaming her mother why does she believe at such a young age that boobs shouldn’t be wobbly?

Reactions: 10
I agree with all the above, I just assumed that Anna literally calling it "body shaming" in the post meant she wasn't happy with her boobs being called wobbly and if that was the case she should address the kids commenting on her boobs that way. Going by how incredibly vain and preening Anna is, I'd hazard a guess that there's a lot of talk in that house about bodies, faces and generally what is pretty and beautiful and what isn't. I bet she's heard her mother complaining about her wrinkles/hair/arse/tits plenty of times.

She’s posted a train selfie saying she’s going into London today. Obvs the girls must be with their dad then because Anna would never pay for tickets for them too 😂 just looked on Trainline and it’s around £44 for a return Market Harborough - London (and that’s WITH a railcard, would be more if she didn’t have one).

Wonder what she is going to London for today. Is it some bloke, or is she just going for a day out to finger some old clothes in the chazza

My kid loves to jiggle my belly. She thinks it’s wonderful that bellies jiggle. She’s not being mean or hurtful because she doesn’t know yet that society puts a higher value on flat firm bellies. To her my belly is 👌. She will jiggle it and exclaim I am beautiful in the same breath.
Boobs are meant to be wobbly. It’s normal for a 40 odd year old woman’s boobs to wobble. For me the question is why is Anna calling it body shaming? Do we think that young child intends to shame her mother for having perfectly normal breasts for her age OR is she just observing her mothers body as it is without judgement?
If she is passing judgement and shaming her mother why does she believe at such a young age that boobs shouldn’t be wobbly?
I completely agree. It’s a real narc trait to look at the actions or words of a child and treat them as if they have malicious intent, as if the child were an adult. Wobbly is a descriptive word not a nasty word. Much like ‘fat’. The body shaming aspect is only appropriate when you understand that society sees that thing as a negative. Maybe she’s being silly and making a joke. But for someone who talks about narc parents she displays narc traits a lot even if as a joke.

Going on and on about what a fantastic day she had on her childfree day. When was the last time she posted about what a brilliant day she had with her kids? Instead she posts constantly moaning about them

Reactions: 6
It's the constant references to "why can't my life be like this all the time" for me - because its the real bleeping world and you're not a princess Anna.
She's not coming over as wittily sarcastic which I think she is aiming for - she just sounds bratty and entitled.
She draws no pleasure or achievement from any sort of work, she just wants to flounce around endlessly fluffing her hair and pouting.
Get over yourself for crying out loud.

Reactions: 8
Her "bank holiday dump" features one photo of her children sat on the living room floor. The rest are her, childless and with a male friend, poncing about in an art gallery in London. Like someone said above, it's the fact she's so resentful of her life and wishes she were some trendy fashion influencer living in London, and her poor kids get completely pushed aside.

‘Why did I move to the countryside?’ Because you can barely afford to live there let alone in London Anna.
---
And I say that as someone London born and bred who had to leave because I couldn’t afford to live there.

Market Harborough is hardly the middle of bloody nowhere. She’s so out of touch

New nails again today 🙄 obvs paying for them this time as she’s not marked it as an ad

Reactions: 2
IMG_4856.jpeg

That’s because you need to start putting some effort in or history will repeat itself and she will end up hating you as much as you hate your mum Anna 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6