TheLongMum #3 Life couldn't be harder, I ponder from Lake Garda...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These latest posts are quite worrying. If she isn't in the right space to parent then get some help FFS.

Reactions: 2
Her woe is me posts about her ADHD referral today have really annoyed me. She is complaining about how she doesn’t have the money to go privately to fund a diagnosis, yet went on a spontaneous trip to Italy after using her council tax rebate and her beggy PayPal donations 🙄 even if she does have ADHD, it’s not going to make her life suddenly better. I have ADHD myself and was diagnosed just over a year ago at the age of 31. Whilst a formal diagnosis certainly clarified and explained a lot of things in my life, it absolutely did not make everything magical and perfect. I’ve had to do lots of CBT work and have chosen not to take medication for it. I feel Anna just wants a diagnosis for something so she can blame the way she is and the poor choices she makes on something. Not because she wants to do any real hard work on bettering herself in spite of an ADHD diagnosis. She doesn’t even need a diagnosis for that. If she really believes she has it then she can absolutely start using the same methods that ADHD people use to help herself now. There is a wealth of information out there but she is too lazy to do anything

Reactions: 6
Her woe is me posts about her ADHD referral today have really annoyed me. She is complaining about how she doesn’t have the money to go privately to fund a diagnosis, yet went on a spontaneous trip to Italy after using her council tax rebate and her beggy PayPal donations 🙄 even if she does have ADHD, it’s not going to make her life suddenly better. I have ADHD myself and was diagnosed just over a year ago at the age of 31. Whilst a formal diagnosis certainly clarified and explained a lot of things in my life, it absolutely did not make everything magical and perfect. I’ve had to do lots of CBT work and have chosen not to take medication for it. I feel Anna just wants a diagnosis for something so she can blame the way she is and the poor choices she makes on something. Not because she wants to do any real hard work on bettering herself in spite of an ADHD diagnosis. She doesn’t even need a diagnosis for that. If she really believes she has it then she can absolutely start using the same methods that ADHD people use to help herself now. There is a wealth of information out there but she is too lazy to do anything
100%. She wants a diagnosis and probably medication as an easy-out. What else could she want a diagnosis for? Clout? Vindication?

I definitely have some traits myself and some of my close friends have been diagnosed in their thirties and it's made me wonder.
However I have read up and I don't feel a diagnosis would make any real difference to me and I don't feel I need meds so I haven't pursued it further 🤷🏼‍♀️

She’s just looking for an excuse, something to blame. Nothing is ever her fault and she doesn’t help herself.

I didn’t get that vibe, although now you’ve said it… I doubt she could claim it impacts her life so severely that it stops her from being able to work though. I know everyone is different but she has managed to hold down jobs before she had children.

Her car repairs will cost a grand. she does not have a grand. What happens now? She asks.
I’m guessing she says thanks everyone for offering me money in DMs, I really don’t want to ask for money, omg this is so not like me, super reluctant, waffle waffle, here’s my PayPal link/go fund me/kofi or whatever but please don’t feel you have to give me money it’s really only because you all insisted…. I can’t believe I’m doing this etc etc please no one use those links.

Reactions: 16
Wasn’t the Honda jazz the old car she had? Then when she did that ALA insurance ad she got given a brand new car as part of that, the one that she lost the key to? Is she saying she has 2 cars or is she comparing the cost of the repair to the new car vs. what her old car was worth?

Reactions: 4
Wasn’t the Honda jazz the old car she had? Then when she did that ALA insurance ad she got given a brand new car as part of that, the one that she lost the key to? Is she saying she has 2 cars or is she comparing the cost of the repair to the new car vs. what her old car was worth?
I think its the latter, she's lamenting the cost of the repair (of a car she got for free) against the whole cost of her previous, very old, car.

What would the rest of us do to fix our cars if we don't have the money lying around? Maybe even one we pay a monthly amount for on finance on top of repair costs? I wonder.

Also, is this still the key issue, or another new problem with it? 🤔

Reactions: 3
Oh duck off Anna I can only fix my car because I work. And then have to go without treating myself on clothes and croissants in the meantime

Reactions: 3
I think you can only claim PIP for ADHD if it genuinely affects your ability to be able to work. But as I said previously, she managed to hold down jobs easily before she had children. In fact she has mentioned on multiple occasions that she really enjoyed working in hospitality and wants to get back into it in an ideal world. So I don’t think she could genuinely claim ADHD is preventing her from working.

Looking into pip for a family member who has ADHD, they have been fired from 2/3 jobs they've had due to lack of organization and communication. It impacts them daily and they can't do a lot of things we take for granted without help. They also have other diagnosed mental health and physical health issues which are very debilitating. Still no guarantee they'll get it.

I think you can only claim PIP for ADHD if it genuinely affects your ability to be able to work. But as I said previously, she managed to hold down jobs easily before she had children. In fact she has mentioned on multiple occasions that she really enjoyed working in hospitality and wants to get back into it in an ideal world. So I don’t think she could genuinely claim ADHD is preventing her from working.
The friend of mine who claims PIP for ADHD works full-time and is a single parent to two kids. It’s not exclusively for those who can’t or don’t work.

Reactions: 1
The friend of mine who claims PIP for ADHD works full-time and is a single parent to two kids. It’s not exclusively for those who can’t or don’t work.
Oh ok, I’ve never claimed any kind of benefits before so I don’t fully understand the process. Just assumed it was for if you don’t/can’t work.

I thought she was gifted a fiat? You know with the whole loosing the key tit?
They must have taken it off her as the ad was diabolical, they couldnt have seen any return from using her?
Anything for a payout hey!?

I thought she had the car from the insurance advert until very recently, as she was trying to sort out the key situation. I I remember her saying it was a brand new car she was given so surely anything majorly wrong with it would be covered by a warranty?

It wasn't a brand new car, new to her and 'better' than the Honda jazz... but still 2nd hand. Wasn't that the point of the gap insurance, often people buy it for new cars but she was selling it for when you buy 2nd hand cars on finance wasn't she? (I mean I might be wrong, the calibre of the advert wasn't great)

Imagine... when she got the (was it council tax rebate??) money that she booked her Italian holiday with and kept it in a separate account for emergencies like most adults do, she could afford to have a car right now!

The other idea is to lay off the Botox and fillers for a bit, not exactly same level of necessity as a car are they love?

Honestly she is infuriating.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.