Thehousethatblackbuilt

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to think her stuff was unique until I stumbled on another account on Instagram and found that Chelsea actually copies quite a lot of her stuff from a couple of yrs ago 😉. The account in question is a very stylish woman who has impeccable taste with the most gorgeous home 🥰 ( well I think so )
haha for a second I was thinking who is Chelsea?!! I forget they actually have names... I literally just think of her as the house that black built 😂
ooooooo who, I need a gander!!!!

haha for a second I was thinking who is Chelsea?!! I forget they actually have names... I literally just think of her as the house that black built 😂
ooooooo who, I need a gander!!!!
LOL ... I don’t think we’re allowed to quote other account names on here ( against the rules I believe 🙈)she has the most amazing Georgian home though ( think it’s Georgian 🤔)

LOL ... I don’t think we’re allowed to quote other account names on here ( against the rules I believe 🙈)she has the most amazing Georgian home though ( think it’s Georgian 🤔)
Yes I think you're allowed to name other accounts, especially to rave about them. I've always like The House That Black Built but agree that the constant advertising is really off-putting. She also reeeeeeaally drags things out (she must have so much time on her hands) and is a total narcissist. All the posing and preening is so cringey.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
And then moaning about how oh so difficult it to produce the ads....and how they rejected her first idea. As if essentially she's not getting paid (in freebies) and its not a job. Thats what I find so infuriating about so many house influencers, the constant moaning about how its just a hobby/its not a job and people don't treat them as if they are just your everyday DIYer blah blah blah....ummmm I think you'll find that you are shilling stuff for monetary gain so in a sense it definitely is a job (or side job if you must). As a comparison, if I go do a car boot sale at the weekend I don't moan at punters about asking me too many questions and its just a hobby blah blah blah.

Edited to add (sorry I'm on a bit of a ranty roll now): recently they've all been moaning (manwithahammer, victorianadventures etcetc) about people just asking questions without a 'hi, [inserted extended praise for their instagram here], the asking a question' And yes it is rude but essentially you are all working in sales. I have worked many a day in retail with a customer strolling up and asking for x with no hi/hello. It's very much more of the want all the benefits of essentially working as a sales person without any of the other stuff that comes with it. There's this pretence that they are all somehow doing us a favour/out of the kindness of their hearts

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Had to unfollow, so sick of every post being an add and the posh spice poses. Got a great eye for interiors but what a drip.

Reactions: 5
Yes I think you're allowed to name other accounts, especially to rave about them. I've always like The House That Black Built but agree that the constant advertising is really off-putting. She also reeeeeeaally drags things out (she must have so much time on her hands) and is a total narcissist. All the posing and preening is so cringey.
Sorry for the very , very late reply . I’ve had terrible news which I’m trying to come to terms with . The other account is susannahhemmingsstylists . If you keep flicking back to her earlier shots you will see resemblance 😉

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sorry for the very , very late reply . I’ve had terrible news which I’m trying to come to terms with . The other account is susannahhemmingsstylists . If you keep flicking back to her earlier shots you will see resemblance 😉
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this and thank you for taking time to post.

Sorry to hear. Hope you can take the time to deal with things.

Just seen on insta she's put her house up for sale (and fishing for buyers in followers...lol)

Is an amazingly beautiful house. I am sure will sell, although don't think pics on Zoopla do it justice and floor plan for upstairs/loft room is a bit odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Just seen on insta she's put her house up for sale (and fishing for buyers in followers...lol)

Is an amazingly beautiful house. I am sure will sell, although don't think pics on Zoopla do it justice and floor plan for upstairs/loft room is a bit odd.
Have you got the link would love to nosy!

Not allowed to post links. But tbh one of the highlights on her insta is a full house tour that probably gives more info on layout etc than zoopla.
I definitely wouldn't call it a 3 bedroom, seeing as 1 bedroom (she calls it their dressing room) is just stairs up to the loft.

there are loads of Whitchurches

found it. The outside picture isn't nice - doesn't give it much curb appeal does it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Its the one in shropshire

The photos used are all instagram photos so you won't be seeing anything new. Doesn't give you any idea of the room layouts or size. But I'm sure it will sell very quickly.

Some of the photos are little strange... photo of a chair in a window with her bag on. Why would you pick that one?

Tell me about it. I’m in south london and frankly it’s sickening the difference in price. 😩

Reactions: 3
The road her house is on is a nightmare and leads to some rougher areas of town. It’s right near a primary school with zero parking and is super busy.

she must have run out of space (and content) for all her gifted things.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just discovered this thread as I was looking for hints as to where her house was so I could look it up on rightmove 🙈.
Wow, the pictures are so disappointing. They look to be poor quality, you don't get a whole room really in a shot and overall it just looks.. a bit dull? It definitely doesn't do anything for me at all, it wouldn't be one I would shortlist at all. It just doesn't look very appealing and it looks a little gloomy.

It’s a lovely old house with LOADS of potential but also needs thousands and I reckon THOUSANDS spending on it . Isn’t she always going on about her leaking shower and the other week she showed us the old plugs & lights ( that’s just for starters ) that are hidden behind her pictures 3ft up the wall she likes to photoshop out 🙈😂!

Ooh I’ll have a mooch for her house and thanks

Last edited:
I wonder what she’s looking at and possibly found! I expected the house to be worth more but I think I assumed she lived further south.

Agree with everyone else about asking price. This Londoner is very jealous :cry:

As much as she annoys me I do find her style interesting (particular love of mine is her pink larder!) So am excited to see how she styles new house.

Reactions: 3