Theantidietpilot / thegingergymbunny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s lost 100 pound in weight tho, which is very hard to do. Not sticking up for her here but if you followed her etc you would know that she does struggle with her weight etc- she lost it and then put more than half back on.. I think she got sucked into it just like everyone else thought it was amazing and because she has a big following influenced people!
We all rave about something to our friends when something works .. for me it’s weight watchers but I still someone put all my weight back on 😂
I’ve followed her for years and since her ginger gym bunny account started in 2014 she’s never been fat again. She’s always been slim.

By her own account her heaviest was 17.5 stone and she’s never been near that weight again. Every single picture of herself she’s slim, unless it’s a throwback. And the before pictures she shares are from 2005-2009ish.

In May 2015 she shared a before pic that was 10 years old at the point. She still uses that before pic as a comparison - that’s fine but don’t claim it’s from HDE. She lost weight from calorie counting and then hitting the gym which she started in 2013. A year before she joined Instagram.

She’s shared a couple of pics where she looks very different (slimmer) but stated that there’s only a stone or so difference and that’s because of weight training.

My point is, she’s not shared her weight loss story and it’s not genuine as she makes out. She’s showed before and after pics. Started quoting the stones or pounds lost to boost her following.
And her weight loss, although incredible, was from calorie counting and then weight training to change her body composition. Not slimming world, not HDE, not being mindful. Some of it will have been puppy/uni fat. And the rest dieting - but long before she started this account. She’s been slim for years.

Reactions: 4
And I'm pretty sure she's had work done, those boobs for one are fake.

Reactions: 3
She has never denied they are not
Yeah I remember her being quite open about having a boob job.
I used to like her and I agreed with a lot of what she said about diet plans etc, if you watch her ' Diet Horrors' story highlights it's very eye-opening and I realised that I had done so many of those things. I think the problem with Maddy is that she out all her eggs in one basket and acted like she was the new spokes person for 'intuitive eating' instead of someone who tried it and it worked for them, it came across preachy.

I agree.

She lost that weight by calorie counting and grafting her arse off in the gym. All credit to her.
But there’s no point telling size 20 Karen who likes to eat jacket spuds with a pint of gravy for fun that she just needs to stop dieting and eat when she’s hungry and she too can have a tiny waist and big tits.

SHE might be able to maintain or lose weight NOW by being more mindful but those that haven’t exercised a day in their life or are too scared to or can’t and who are overweight or are really struggling with weight loss need more structure and a bleeping CALORIE DEFICIT not a bleeping book telling you to just eat when you want.

Reactions: 8
I agree.

She lost that weight by calorie counting and grafting her arse off in the gym. All credit to her.
But there’s no point telling size 20 Karen who likes to eat jacket spuds with a pint of gravy for fun that she just needs to stop dieting and eat when she’s hungry and she too can have a tiny waist and big tits.

SHE might be able to maintain or lose weight NOW by being more mindful but those that haven’t exercised a day in their life or are too scared to or can’t and who are overweight or are really struggling with weight loss need more structure and a bleeping CALORIE DEFICIT not a bleeping book telling you to just eat when you want.
Spot on.

I don’t think Maddy knows what to post any more - before she was a gym bunny but gave that up, then became a self appointed HDE expert and now has gone radio silent! I enjoyed watching her to hear about her career and just her general musings on life - she is amusing and smart!! Hope she comes back.

MaddyBridge

They ought to be ashamed of themselves. Maddy didn’t lose her weight that way and although she was indeed bigger, looking at her now my personal opinion is that she’s made to be slimmer. She’s tiny and doesn’t appear to struggle with dieting or weight gain in the way that those people do that were sucked in by this tit show.
Oh she did. She had a lot of weight to lose and starved it off. Even now she does the thing where she “nibbles” food and then doesn’t touch the rest.

Reactions: 1
Anyone else confused how Mandy & Amy met up?! Maddy was all about HDE and Amy admitted to reading the book but wanting nothing to do with it? Very odd combo

Reactions: 1
I used to be an avid fan of Maddy, but I have started to go off her recently. She bounced from calorie counting, to being gym bunny and a brand ambassador for protein shake, for doing an 8 week challenge that I dont think went anywhere, to weighing, to throwing the scales away, to HDE. As said upthread the before photos are from years ago and she starved herself to lose the weight before joining the gym. I also don't believe her 50lb gain, yes she had gained a wee bit of weight but not 50lb worth. I was all over HDE she was pushing and gained!! Did she get a cut from the sales? I would find her a lot more relatable if she just was honest and said keeping the weight off is hard. Losing is the easy bit. The proof is in the pudding (and on my belly!!!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.