Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

loubylou50

VIP Member
I like Gemma too, generally her day to day stuff is quite relatable and I like her ‘message’. I am starting to find the over-dramatic stuff just a bit too much though, and the app drama this week really annoyed me!
As said above, I don’t really see the need for an app as well as her blog, website, Insta and FB group! But fair play to her, she decided to and has worked on it mostly herself. However this was HER choice, and ultimately it seems to have been rushed through without proper technical support and as such caused them a lot of stress. But then she posted this super melodramatic video on Insta following her for 24 hours during all this app launch stress, way over the top - and it just feels a bit like looking for sympathy / distraction from the fact that people were complaining this paid-for app wasn’t working properly?! I don’t know, it just bugged me for some reason. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5

Markusadam

the system doesn’t work for me. I need to clean everyday for my house to not look like a dump!!!

you still have to do more than 15 mins level 1 and 30 mins of level 2 every day.

Reactions: 4

Bettyboo21

God thank the lord it's not just me. I have boys the same age and absolutely cringe for them. Can you imagine what she is causing for the older ones. She used to be ok but shes just another jumped up twat 🙄

Icantbelieveitsnotbutter

She never replied to me, I sent a message of support and she didn’t even deign to read it or respond with a like/heart. I like what she does and the routine and the tips are great.

I completely disagree with the way Hinch responded to this situation, she slyly encouraged her followers to go after Gemma but played very innocent about the whole thing, but Gemma also clearly did make a dig at a “big account” that was acting irresponsibly, she made some comments about it but not enough that I could work out who it was (I didn’t know about Hinch then) and then when the Hinch barmy army went after her she claimed that it wasn’t about anyone in particular, she was not digging at an account and it was all a coincidence and she just felt compelled to talk about the dangers of mixing products - I felt that she was playing on sympathy a little - that said I totally believe how distressed she was and that it wasn’t an act and that she was in the right to call out the dangers as she did.

Nofangirl

I really like her but I do wonder if she’s playing it down a bit and playing the whole no budge thing because so many Instagrammers make a shed load of cash then move to a massive house, spend loads of money and get hugely criticised...maybe I’m being cynical but...?

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
Fuck me cleaning and talking about cleaning is boring. Haven’t we moved on as a species??

80schild

Much much MUCH prefer organised_motherhood_ - her account is more about cleaning less, owning less etc.
It’s hardly rocket science though comingvup with a plan on how to clean your house, do a room or two a day or say you have a bit of a quiet day double up and do the next day’s rooms to give yourself a free day OR you just wing it then give the house a good blitz when you get time.
Don’t know why people are writing books on things people have been managing for years lol

MrsBed2be

I like Gemma she seems nice and I like that she didn't advertise many products or she buys stuff herself to try out

The dancing is cringe but I just skip by that

I dont really understand the need for an app though it seems like overkill, especially given how much work it seems to have been according to many recent stories

She has a Facebook support group, a website where you can download the method sheets, a blog, a book coming out, then for a measly £12 you can buy a laminated sheet with everything you need to clean each day so why would you also pay out £6odd for an app to again tick off that you’ve hoovered or whatever.

What happened to people just cleaning their houses, now we need an App or a book to explain cleaning to us 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Orange Creme

VIP Member
Just spent ages doing the dishwasher, cleaning the hob after cooking, putting the washing away, hoovering crisps off the living room carpet, scrubbing crayon off the sideboard. But am only supposed to clean for 30 minutes a day and today is just supposed to be the hallway 🤔

So am I not supposed to clean the hob after cooking because it's not kitchen day?

Wait till living room day to Hoover the crisps?

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Veritas

Sorry my bad! Who is that?! Surely not a cleaning account?
Organised motherhood. She’s not really a cleaning account she does eco and minimalist living. She does clean the bathroom every few days but she only does a proper deep clean every month. She has a YouTube video about it and her bathrooms always look very clean. She also tries to use natural products where possible.

And she’s just done lots of stories on Instagram calling Meldrum out on shady behaviour 🤣🤣🤣

Debarkle

Chatty Member
The 'snowy narnia' literally made me gasp. It is a GINORMOUS property. Although I am in the 'good for her' camp. I like Gemma I lot.
It really is fucking massive! As instagrammers go Gemma isn’t too bad (although I do think she forgets that her job is organising her home so it is easier for her to organise her time round it!) but I would love to know if insta has bought this house - or does Mike earn £££?! I’m just v intrigued!

This is awks 😂 Like Mumsnet but the gloves are off!!

I love dancing, doesn’t mean I CAN dance 😂 but it makes me happy so I’ll carry on. I don’t know what dancing like a PTA mum means but I’ll take it 🙌 Clearly I won’t be on Strictly, so I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief there.

I LOVE that episode of Friends. I think it comes a close second to when Ross gets a spray tan. I’ve passed on to Mike that you think he can dance like the great and immensely talented Danny DeVito and he’s thrilled and currently practising his moves. It’s months since he did his dance so he’s glad he’s finally got his encore!! You have quite the memory recall for that one, so thanks for reminding us!

I’ve just checked ... I have blocked 5 people. 2 are men who sent me messages that you wouldn’t want to read on an empty tummy. And the other 3 are trolls. One of whom sent an awful message that my eldest son saw and was deeply upset by. I haven't bought a single follower. Nor will I ever. That I am very serious about.

Thank you for coming to the event I organised last summer. Yes, you’re right I organised a picnic in a park, open to all. It was lovely there were 8 of us in total plus kids. I spoke to everyone, we sat on picnic blankets in a circle. I know everyone who came so this comment doesn’t make much sense to me. However, if I upset you for whatever reason then I am truly sorry. Please DM me so I can apologise properly, doing it via Tattle doesn't feel right.

I try my hardest to reply to everyone, it isn’t always possible but I do try my best. In way of an explanation, I also run and mod the 60k member FB group which takes up hours each day and up until very recently I have been personally matching TeamTOMM members for the buddy scheme which had a waiting list of over 1k people.

Sorry you didn’t get on with TOMM. Thank you for trying it out and for giving me a chance.

Oh and TOMM isn’t a 172 week plan it’s an 8 week method that is free to download. Please let me reassure you that if you decide not to follow your house WILL NOT burn down.

.. I have to run ... I'm late for the PTA meeting. I'm co-chairing tonight and Mike is dancing for the entertainment. If I remember I will story it.

Toodle Pip!!!
I messaged a few times about stuff never ever got a reply or a heart or anything.
I think the whole Hinch thing last year Gemma played it up... Poor Me... While making digs.. Not innocent at all.
I don't like the buddy system either of team tomm. There is no security, you don't know people's backgrounds etc. I think it could be dangerous and if anything happened to someone I doubt she would take any responsibility.
I had to unfollow her with the fake happy smiles & dancing. 🤢

• Sick

loubylou50

VIP Member
Oh FGS Gemma 🙄 getting more attention seeking by the day! I am the same age as her and also have 3 children, and I cannot imagine any circumstances in which i’d consider putting this out there for my kids to see and potentially get bullied over! Grow up woman, you chose this lifestyle, and half the stresses you complain about are things we ALL have to juggle daily 🙄🙄🙄

C

Cleo

It annoyed me when she got on her high horse about larger accounts ignoring smaller accounts at events and wanted to do an event for ‘nobodys’ yet that was exactly what she did to me at said event, yes I’m a nobody but she’s a hypocrite.
😂😂😂 she’s done it to me too..ignored every comment I make, I do prefer her to Mrs Hinch though!

MrsBed2be

Just spent ages doing the dishwasher, cleaning the hob after cooking, putting the washing away, hoovering crisps off the living room carpet, scrubbing crayon off the sideboard. But am only supposed to clean for 30 minutes a day and today is just supposed to be the hallway 🤔

So am I not supposed to clean the hob after cooking because it's not kitchen day?

Wait till living room day to Hoover the crisps?
I’ve followed the TOM method on and off and I like that it focuses on one run a day to ensure every room gets a good clean but I still spend at least an hour at night clearing and cleaning up the destruction from the day.

I image her children must be very well trained and clean because the last time my house stayed tidy after cleaning was before I had any children 😂

C

Cleo

I messaged a few times about stuff never ever got a reply or a heart or anything.
I think the whole Hinch thing last year Gemma played it up... Poor Me... While making digs.. Not innocent at all.
I don't like the buddy system either of team tomm. There is no security, you don't know people's backgrounds etc. I think it could be dangerous and if anything happened to someone I doubt she would take any responsibility.
I had to unfollow her with the fake happy smiles & dancing. 🤢
I agree with you...it’s being played up now on Instagram and encouraging more baiting on here now..I absolutely detest bullying but people are allowed an opinion if you can’t handle that..then maybe running a large account isn’t god them...I think ignoring or just leaving her response here was enough..instead of boasting about it in a insta story! 🙄

RomCom

I have to say I've always had a reply when I've messaged Gemma, also Katie Elison - it might not be straightaway but they do reply.
It shows professionalism if nothing else, something other floggers yes you Mrs Meldrum and Hinch! could do with taking on board.
My friend is a huge fangirl of both of them, always tagging them and replying to stories, has zero response, nothing, ever.

Slip slip knit

Chatty Member
I’ve followed the TOM method on and off and I like that it focuses on one run a day to ensure every room gets a good clean but I still spend at least an hour at night clearing and cleaning up the destruction from the day.

I image her children must be very well trained and clean because the last time my house stayed tidy after cleaning was before I had any children 😂
I saw her mention that she gets her boys to put a piece of loo roll down the toilet before they have a poo so she doesn’t have to use a toilet brush. I’d rather just let the poor kids poo in piece and wiz the brush round if I have too 🤣