The Witt Family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes could also get hit by a car but it used to have a net and it broke she has chosen not to spend the money on the net . If I can prevent my kids from harm and buying a net will reduce the risk then you buy the net .Money clearly isn’t issue so it’s just pure laziness. I can assure you with my time in a&e I never came across one child breaking a bone falling out of bed. But multiple daily falling off trampolines without nets. I don’t know how many kids get broken bones at centers but I do know they take every precaution they can to prevent it. So basically if for a small amount of money you can prevent your child from a life changing injury why wouldn’t you do it .

The nets are a false sense of security, if you’re doing tricks and fall wrong that’s going to be a lot worse than just falling off. Any articles about trampolines basically say doctors say don’t have one full stop. Getting hit by a car is irrelevant

Reactions: 1

The nets are a false sense of security, if you’re doing tricks and fall wrong that’s going to be a lot worse than just falling off. Any articles about trampolines basically say doctors say don’t have one full stop. Getting hit by a car is irrelevant
Well there you go trampolines are dangerous and not only should she have a net she should be constantly supervising them on it. Like i do with my own children. So she is double in the wrong. I wonder when the last time she checked the springs too. Trampoline parks are irrelevant does she take alister to one ?plus this from the very article you posted proves my point so thanks for sharing. Maybe Claire will read that and take action like a responsible parent .Not having a net and then both jumping on it together unsupervised.

"Having netting around the trampoline is a good preventative measure, as is only allowing one child on at a time, and supervision to ensure the activity being carried out on the trampoline is appropriate.”

Last edited:
My 6yo came home from a play date and told me the trampoline has no net, the springs weren’t covered, and she and her friend got off by “slipping down between some springs”

Don’t think she will be going back to their house 😱😱😱

• Wow
Reactions: 2
My 6yo came home from a play date and told me the trampoline has no net, the springs weren’t covered, and she and her friend got off by “slipping down between some springs”

Don’t think she will be going back to their house 😱😱😱
Was the party at Claire’s house? 😂

• Haha
Agree to disagree then, it’s a non issue to me.
Here’s a lovely video of a child getting hurt on a net trampoline while being supervised though 😊

Agree to disagree then, it’s a non issue to me.
Here’s a lovely video of a child getting hurt on a net trampoline while being supervised though 😊
Whatever floats your boat but I will not be watching a video of a child getting hurt. Not my thing . Nor would it be something I looked up on YouTube how bizarre .

Reactions: 3
So basically she just bought a load of cheap sweets and garden stuff for the boys birthday 🙄 I literally cannot understand how you cannot get what your child is into and what they would like without having to ASK them all the time. You just know what things they would like and their interests and you take an interest in their interests.

No she didn’t

He got Addidas trainers,Nike football, new shin pads/socks new goggles for their pool, 2 books, mario cart monopoly,water pistols ( for their pool) Ferrari LEGO, goalie gloves and a badminton set

He’s also having a pool party with his friends and going to see avengers Film with just his mum and dad

Watch her video properly..... you will see she has put thought into his presents as she knows what he loves

Reactions: 16
methinks someone is just trying to get us to react. I actually think Claire is a brill mum, dull as dishwater, but a great mum.

Reactions: 9
I actually think he had some nice presents I personally don’t think socks and trainers are presents . Especially when violet got the other pair of socks just because and she was wrapping up his pair as a present. But that’s just me being petty.

• Haha
I’m probably being picky as I have a child the same age and while I do think they get nice items she never seems to buy them ‘cool’ or on trend presents, it’s always the old version. He wanted an Xbox and they got that Wii.

I know games consoles and phones are bad blah blah but not in moderation or under supervision. Almost every child in my daughters class has a phone/console and they all spend a lot of time outside of school talking to each other over FaceTime etc. It’s building friendships the modern way imo. My point is that Alister has really wanted these as gifts previously and being somewhat isolated on the farm could be leaving him behind socially. Going into school and chatting about last nights out of school gossip is a bit like the equivalent of playing out.

I actually think he had some nice presents I personally don’t think socks and trainers are presents . Especially when violet got the other pair of socks just because and she was wrapping up his pair as a present. But that’s just me being petty.
Exactly who the heck gives their kid socks for a birthday present? And piles of sweets 🙄👏

I’m probably being picky as I have a child the same age and while I do think they get nice items she never seems to buy them ‘cool’ or on trend presents, it’s always the old version. He wanted an Xbox and they got that Wii.

I know games consoles and phones are bad blah blah but not in moderation or under supervision. Almost every child in my daughters class has a phone/console and they all spend a lot of time outside of school talking to each other over FaceTime etc. It’s building friendships the modern way imo. My point is that Alister has really wanted these as gifts previously and being somewhat isolated on the farm could be leaving him behind socially. Going into school and chatting about last nights out of school gossip is a bit like the equivalent of playing out.
I totally agree I must admit I did cringe when she bought the wii and she thought It was high tech. As you said every child I know has phones etc for starting high school while he still has a year to go he will get laughed at if he plays the wii. I also felt really sorry for violet when she bought her the already hatched hatchimal and violet was so excited for it to hatch then her face when she seen it was already hatched. I know it’s not first world problems . But the whole point was to hatch the thing .

Ffs this thread is ridiculous!! I’m sure her new baby won’t drown, do you think she’s stupid? As for the early morning boot camps, it’s to benefit those who get up early for work and want to exercise before hand. Check out some more boot camps and you will find that they all offer early morning classes. And she has got a ‘proper’ job. Not like those youtubers who class sitting on their arse filming all day as a full time job. I am On lots of other threads commenting etc but I think this one is just ridiculous and petty!! She clearly does not favour one child over the other, when I was younger I went every where with my mum and I always got new things. We went out once a week shopping together etc and I have a brother 2 years older than me jsut like V&A.. do you think my brother gave 2 flying f*cks? No, no he didn’t. He’d rather of stayed at home and played his xbox or with toys, especially at that age.
Maybe u should start a rave thread about her then

• Haha
I totally agree I must admit I did cringe when she bought the wii and she thought It was high tech. As you said every child I know has phones etc for starting high school while he still has a year to go he will get laughed at if he plays the wii. I also felt really sorry for violet when she bought her the already hatched hatchimal and violet was so excited for it to hatch then her face when she seen it was already hatched. I know it’s not first world problems . But the whole point was to hatch the thing .

Maybe u should start a rave thread about her then
Exactly all of this anti tech and anti allowing things that other children their ages have is going to be psychologically damaging in the long run and setting them up for all sorts of bullying. Yes its good for children to play outside but not at the expense of them living in the REAL world of which technology also makes a part its about balance and allowing your children things but with boundaries not just saying no completely to everything they see other children their age have.

methinks someone is just trying to get us to react. I actually think Claire is a brill mum, dull as dishwater, but a great mum.
Has no real relationship and is completely out of touch with her children but is a great mother? 🧐

Exactly all of this anti tech and anti allowing things that other children their ages have is going to be psychologically damaging in the long run and setting them up for all sorts of bullying. Yes its good for children to play outside but not at the expense of them living in the REAL world of which technology also makes a part its about balance and allowing your children things but with boundaries not just saying no completely to everything they see other children their age have.

Has no real relationship and is completely out of touch with her children but is a great mother? 🧐
He’s ten years old Rugratz. 10. I promise you, the effects of over exposure to technology at an early age is far more of a concern than playing outside. Come on Rugratz, you have to admit that’s a ridiculous statement to make.

Reactions: 4
I really like Claire. I like her attitude to life and her lifestyle is amazing but I don’t think she’s rubs it in our face. She’s been doing you tube for years and so far I don’t think she’s “sold her soul”. I’m not sure if this will change with the new baby though... I have a feeling that when the baby is born she’ll disappear for a good while and not put much out. Which will be a shame.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.