The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im sorry but she was drinking all over Christmas whilst breastfeeding and drinking is HER choice so thats clearly negligent with a risk of harm to the baby
Get a grip...... she can enjoy a drink occasionally. She probably pumped and dumped the breast milk from when she was drinking alcohol!! Negligent and ‘risk of harm’ 😂 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: 5
So negative?! That’s the point of this feed no?
While I don’t agree with all the points made on here maybe a few of the people who clearly think she is amazing and can’t put a foot wrong should start up a rave thread for Claire?

Reactions: 1
Im sorry but she was drinking all over Christmas whilst breastfeeding and drinking is HER choice so thats clearly negligent with a risk of harm to the baby
It's perfectly safe to have an alcoholic drink and still breastfeed?! Yes, you shouldn't bed share after drinking, but as far as alcohol in the milk goes, a couple of glasses or so is totally fine and such tiny amounts passes through the milk.

Reactions: 2
I don’t really have issues with her but all the “pets” they get and soon forget about are really starting to bother me. I mean I’m sure the horses are fine (if they’re getting fed properly/having the farrier come/have coats etc), but the rabbits and hamsters 😐
She got given advice in the Christmas vlog that the cage is too small and just shoved it off like “well the lady at the pet shop told me it’s fine” like they know anything. I’m surprised the rabbits are still alive being outside.

I don’t really have issues with her but all the “pets” they get and soon forget about are really starting to bother me. I mean I’m sure the horses are fine (if they’re getting fed properly/having the farrier come/have coats etc), but the rabbits and hamsters 😐
She got given advice in the Christmas vlog that the cage is too small and just shoved it off like “well the lady at the pet shop told me it’s fine” like they know anything. I’m surprised the rabbits are still alive being outside.
I think she must be getting someone in to ride and groom the horses. I really hope she is . I’ve no doubt Graham is feeding them but horses need so much more than that. I mean she got Fran cause the other owner didn’t bother with her. Yet she hasn’t as much as mentioned them in the past year . If she was still grooming them or getting the horse lady in to ride them she would surely mention it in a vlog.

I can’t watch the vlogs but I am happy that Alister got the switch. As much as I like the idea of keeping the kids off consoles etc I do feel for him probably being left out a bit at school. I’m sure the majority of kids at school have xboxes and he can’t join in the talk about games.

I remember a girl in my class at school whose family was extremely religious and they weren’t allowed a tv in their house. We were all obsessed with Neighbours and Home and Away at that time and she was always left out of all that.

I’m sure Claire will limit it. When my kids were small it was all Nintendo ds and my girls would have spent every waking hour on it if I didn’t limit it. Things like that are also a good thing to be able to take away for bad behaviour.

Has she already moved him in his own room at only 3 months old. She really doesn’t care for a guideline does she.

Ignorance must be bliss for you, eh?Consuming alcohol when breastfeeding is NOT dangerous. A minuscule amount of alcohol makes it in to breast milk, and it is out of the system after a few hours. The only risk to baby comes if a parent is too drunk to properly care for an infant. Say what you want in terms of your opinions, but don’t disregard scientific FACT just because you don’t like Claire. Even the nhs (who are generally shite when it comes to breastfeeding) say moderate alcohol consumption is fine. I’ve included some links so you can educate yourself before making ridiculous statements again.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Has she already moved him in his own room at only 3 months old. She really doesn’t care for a guideline does she.

a guideline is just that.....a guideline. as parents its down to us what we choose to do, theres no law against it. guidelines aren't infallible either

Reactions: 4
a guideline is just that.....a guideline. as parents its down to us what we choose to do, theres no law against it. guidelines aren't infallible either
Yes it’s just a guideline but if a professional tells you doing something will reduce the risk of your baby suddenly stopping breathing I as a parent would do all in my power to reduce the risks. Yes it might be all right and the chances are it will be but I wouldn’t take any risks when it comes to my children. It’s not the law to wear helmets on bikes either but does that mean I just send my kids out without helmets? No of course I want to reduce the risk of any harm coming to them so they wear helmets . Why take the chance . But then she lets them jump on a trampoline without net and also has no safety around the pool. She also sits the baby unstrapped in a bouncer on the kitchen worktop. She also publicises that she leaves them alone in the house while she runs her boot camp in the field next to her house . But yes the risks are hers to take and it’s her who would have to live with it.

Last edited:
I mean I wouldn’t have moved my children into their own rooms at 3 months & to be honest I definitely kept them in my room longer than the ‘guidelines’ said to, but they are only a guide for parents, they are not set in stone rules. The guidelines also keep changing, there is only 4 years in between my 3 children yet even in such a short space of time those guidelines changed at least twice for different things, common sense & doing what is best for your own baby is key!! (Oh and not constantly bashing other Mums and Women all the time for petty tit!)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes these ‘guidelines’ change at the drop of the hat! Ridiculous.
I’ve got5 kids so I’ve seen many ‘guideline’ changes over the years.....I do what I think is right, and don’t pay much attention at all these days!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes these ‘guidelines’ change at the drop of the hat! Ridiculous.
I’ve got5 kids so I’ve seen many ‘guideline’ changes over the years.....I do what I think is right, and don’t pay much attention at all these days!
Well as my mum always says we didn't have red books or guidelines years ago,and your all still here!

To be fair the guidelines that stay pretty consistent are back sleeping and keeping them in with you until 6 months. I mean if she moved him into his own room and put him on his back.. or had him in with her on his front. It's the fact she does both that's quite scary!

To be fair the guidelines that stay pretty consistent are back sleeping and keeping them in with you until 6 months. I mean if she moved him into his own room and put him on his back.. or had him in with her on his front. It's the fact she does both that's quite scary!
Yes each to their own! personally I always kept mine slightly on their side (as they suffered from reflux, on health visitors advice)but I did stick to the 6 month rule before moving them to their own room.But everyone is different I guess.

When was the last time the guidelines changed about baby’s sleeping in with their parents till 6 months. My friend has a 12 year old and that was the advice back then . I wouldn’t say something that has been advised for over 12 years at least a drop of a hat. Scary thing is in the comments someone left her said they were thinking of putting their 9 week old in their own room after seeing miles. I mean this is the woman who had her new born sleeping in her bed with duvets and pillows when he was a week old. It’s scary people are taking what she does as safe. If she was a bigger youtuber she would be called out.

Well as my mum always says we didn't have red books or guidelines years ago,and your all still here!
Seatbelts and car seats weren’t required back then either . Doesn’t mean we don’t know better now.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.