The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You didn’t specify what consoles you just said consoles. I can count three consoles he has . Plus I’m pretty sure the iPad he has lets him talk to god knows who online. As does the DS he has.

If consoles are the worst thing ever, then you must think Claire is an awful parent . Alister has multiple consoles .
[/my children also have multiple consoles, they are not the worst thing ever, it’s how much you play them & what you play which is important,

Reactions: 1
You didn’t specify what consoles you just said consoles. I can count three consoles he has . Plus I’m pretty sure the iPad he has lets him talk to god knows who online. As does the DS he has.

claire said she has strict controls in place....its not an option to speak to strangers she's got that covered:)

Reactions: 2
claire said she has strict controls in place....its not an option to speak to strangers she's got that covered:)
My mum thought that too yet me and brothers knew how to get into what we wanted . Might be a lot harder to get past the parental controls in place now than when I was younger .

My mum thought that too yet me and brothers knew how to get into what we wanted . Might be a lot harder to get past the parental controls in place now than when I was younger .
While I agree, it is still a possibility to get past parental controls, you can still closely monitor them & their consoles. It is ridiculous in nearly 2020 people are berating parents for allowing their children consoles & iPads, We are living in a technology/social media world it’s only going to go further that way. I do wonder the people who say this kind of crap, what their perfect home life is like & what kind of perfect specimens they must be 🙄😏

• Heart
Reactions: 5
While I agree, it is still a possibility to get past parental controls, you can still closely monitor them & their consoles. It is ridiculous in nearly 2020 people are berating parents for allowing their children consoles & iPads, We are living in a technology/social media world it’s only going to go further that way. I do wonder the people who say this kind of crap, what their perfect home life is like & what kind of perfect specimens they must be 🙄😏
Agree with you 100% people saying that xboxes ruin lives . It’s bonkers.

Some children will be able to play x box, in moderation because they have other interests, a good social life, interested and engaged parents and academic ambition. Where we certainly start to see problems is when a child lacks those other factors in their life (in which case a console, other than school, can become one of the only things they do). And we also see problems when a child has addictive tendencies, as this often ups the time they spend on consoles dramatically as the “hook” of certain games catches them.

In the past parents feared that it was the content of computer games which was harmful, that the violence would lead to deviancy. What we’re now get a far better grip of that it is the time in isolation, time away from people (who nearly always equal emotional/mental support) and time away from other activities (especially those based outside) which we know are crucial for good neurological development and for the reduction of stress hormones in children.

If a child spends an hour or so on a console a few times a week (and ideally playing with someone else), as just one of many ways that they have fun or relax, no, it’s not likely to ruin their lives. But reading through the psychological autopsies of our many, many young males who we have lost to suicide makes for sober reading in terms of console use. It crops up a lot. Just as we would wish to speak to an adult who we observed sitting alone for hours on end, failing to interact with the world around them, so we should with our youngsters. It’s a no brainer.

I cannot impress upon other parents enough the favour you can do your children, both for their current mental health, and more importantly their future mental health, is to ensure that consoling makes up one of the smaller proportions of their “down time”. It doesn’t matter if we are living in more technological times. Technology, we know, does not equate to happier, healthier human beings. Honestly, there is the most horrendous mental health crisis here with our male population- it’s the biggest killer. Yes, we can be defensive or flippant about our kids and consoles, or we can appraise the peer reviewed evidence and say actually, let’s not let their time on consoles get out of hand and thereby help set them up for a much happier, smoother ride as an adult.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mind I know it's been said before, but the one thing she does that I think is insane is that she puts myles to sleep on his tummy. Why, why, why? Just why!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!

Reactions: 3
Mind I know it's been said before, but the one thing she does that I think is insane is that she puts myles to sleep on his tummy. Why, why, why? Just why!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!
It’s like if I ever see a teddy in a basket or cot, my brain just sees it making its way up to a babies face and smothering 😭 Yes, it’s really hard to imagine why you wouldn’t worry about that when the advice is so clear cut. My children are far, far beyond that stage and I still look at their beds and the surrounding areas for what I perceive as dangers 😳

She’s an old fashioned women imo.. constantly referring to when the older two were babies but times and guidelines change.

I put all of my children to sleep on their tummy. This was after I woke up one night to find my son silently choking on some milk he'd brought up when he was only a few days old. He was already blue. He'd made no noise at all and I know if I hadn't have woken up and performed my newly obtained first aid knowledge and skills on him, he'd definitely not be the 14 year old child I have today. That was the last night any of my babies ever slept on their backs.
The health visitor was fully supportive of my decision. I knew the risks of tummy sleeping and had experienced the risks of what can happen when a child falls asleep on their back and then vomits. After the incident, he was rushed to the hospital for monitoring, even there they put him to sleep on his front.

So hopefully that answers your question as to why why why why why someone would do something differently to you.

Reactions: 6
my last two would twist onto their fronts.....its what they preferred even if i moved them. you cant hover over cots all night to move babies off their tummies....once they learn to move/ roll and then thats it.

Reactions: 2
I’m so glad that he got the switch he wanted their faces were priceless. I can’t imagine Claire paying £50 a game though.

Reactions: 3
How long until it gets sold? Because theyve misbehaved? Bet youll never see it after the Christmas vlog. No way she will buy the games and it was clearly a second hand one she wouldnt buy new one
If you actually watched the vlog you would have seen it come out of an Amazon box Brand new!! Get a grip! So negative about her!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Even if it was second hand, does it bloody matter?!!!! I have a couple of friends who buy toys and clothes second hand. As long as they're not tat who the hell cares?!!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.