The Witt Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Loads of people buy second hand. Nothing wrong with it. Hardly like the baby is going to know what he gets for Christmas.

ETA: just watched the video... she bought 2 things off eBay one of which she said was new anyway, so only ONE fabric toy (the spiral) which is possibly second hand. Hardly “all second hand fabric toys” 🤣

Plus she asked Alister and Violet to pick something for the baby which I think is so sweet. So not quite sure how it’s all “to suit her”? Nothing with the baby in mind? She said he likes bubbles at their class- got him a bubble machine. She said he loves the lights - got him a light machine. Got him something to take the chill off his bed in winter.... all those have him in mind?!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It is a bit worrying that she left him for 4 hours without a feed when hes only a week old though , not sure a newborn should go that long without feeding however they are fed
Mine did & they’re still here, healthy & going strong at 14,12&10.. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
What an absolutely ridiculous video on "Christmas presents " all second hand fabric toys for a new baby im sorry but however much you wash things why would you get second hand presents for someone for xmas especially a small baby! Also all things to SUIT HER as per usual not really bought with the baby in mind shes too self indulgent!
All my baby’s presents were second hand! They were perfectly fine. We saved money the first few years of his life as they get very expensive when they get older. He didn’t notice any difference, he also had loads of toys because they were cheap, and it’s good for the environment!

Reactions: 6
All my baby’s presents were second hand! They were perfectly fine. We saved money the first few years of his life as they get very expensive when they get older. He didn’t notice any difference, he also had loads of toys because they were cheap, and it’s good for the environment!
Agree we went to boot sales or eBay and purchased first presents. A good scrub and disinfectant and they were like new. Those types of toys last such little time in terms of playing before they want more expensive.

Reactions: 5
There are good quality afforable toys for babies you can buy new just buy a few , theres really no need to get everything second hand especially for gifts. Second hand books/plastic toys might be ok for disinfecting properly but fabric ones just wouldnt feel properly clean and their immune systems are fragile when they are really small
It’s Christmas - give it a bleeping rest. We all already know you’ll have plenty of tit to say about Alisters presents.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There are good quality afforable toys for babies you can buy new just buy a few , theres really no need to get everything second hand especially for gifts. Second hand books/plastic toys might be ok for disinfecting properly but fabric ones just wouldnt feel properly clean and their immune systems are fragile when they are really small
Don’t really think it’s up to you to tell other people how to shop for Christmas/gifts.

Reactions: 6
Washing machine 😊 lifesaver.

oh god!!

i kept baby toys for all my 4....only the first got them brand new!! did i fail them? nosy great loon.....honestly buttonmoon73,you are OBSESSED with trying to badmouth Claire,weirdly obsessed actually.

If buying second hand makes you bad then my kids should have been removed long ago. The 3 youngest have had everything second hand! Only the first had brand new which showed me what a waste it is and how much you can save.

Reactions: 4
I thought her gifts were well thought out and perfectly fitting for a 3 month old.

My first born had all new stuff and my second has a combination of hand me downs and second hand. Absolutely no reflection on how much I love them! When my second child is older and can start asking for specific gifts then of course things will change. I think it’s wise to save money while they are preschool age and have no concept of cost

I didnt say it makes you a bad parent getting second hand but theres no need to JUST get all second hand , you would think she would look into baby items that are out there NOW as opposed to when Violet was a baby 8 years ago . Also JUST getting second hand for ALL gifts then doing a video about it is ridiculous because how are you supposed to find those things if they are from charity shops? Its just a PR stunt all her videos theres no thought about the baby in that video just her
My daughter has asked for a barbie that I had as a child I’ve had to buy it off eBay as it’s old I don’t see the problem? She is also getting new stuff. From what I saw she purchased 2/3 things used and the rest new. So it’s not all of the presents is it.

Reactions: 3
I didnt say it makes you a bad parent getting second hand but theres no need to JUST get all second hand , you would think she would look into baby items that are out there NOW as opposed to when Violet was a baby 8 years ago . Also JUST getting second hand for ALL gifts then doing a video about it is ridiculous because how are you supposed to find those things if they are from charity shops? Its just a PR stunt all her videos theres no thought about the baby in that video just her
But she didn’t get all second hand. She bought plenty new, so your point has no basis at all.

Eh? She bought the stocking, the wooden teething toys, the dinosaur, the light, the jelly cat toy, the musical instrument all brand new??????

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.