Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
I was tempted with the central heating earlier but I won't crack!

I'd rather this than the temps in aouthern Europe at the min tbh. Our set ups here aren't built to cope with it.

I live in a very old house with very thick walls. In hot weather they store up the heat and let it out gradually over time. It's great and cool for a few days then it becomes like an oven and takes the heat a decent week to dissipate from the structure. It's grim.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Maid22

VIP Member
I was in Tesco and looked wistfully at the long cardigans and a nice olive green one came home with me. I may have also bought hot chocolate. With all these drizzly rainy days all i want to do is curl up in warm clothes with book and a hot drink :ROFLMAO: I did want more sun last week but feel like i’ve acclimatised to Autumn now it’s been 5 weeks of rain. Summer, you had your chance but blew it.

I do wonder if we’ll get a warn September instead :unsure:
I'm one of those folks who don't pack away summer clothes, just wear the same stuff but less layers when it's warm! All I want is just a few days of it being dry! It's blowing a hooley down here and drizzly!

emmer_moans

VIP Member
It was meant to get better from today, instead I’ve got a cold and it’s still raining. Genuinely feels like October!
I wore black leggings under my dress today, and also chelsea boots. Felt like I was wearing my usual Autumn clothes again.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
My tomatoes have given up, there's a pigeon building a nest in one of the trees at the end of the garden, even nature is confused. Where is summer 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
It actually feels quite fresh here this morning and I've put a wooly cardigan on :ROFLMAO: it's making me excited for Autumn/winter though

JulesWake

VIP Member
You should watch the clips on YouTube about Yukutsk. Fish and meat sold raw on the streets as it freezes.
I think I have watched those videos actually, along with Antartica and Svalbard. If I can't be in freezing cold, next best thing is to binge watch those videos. :D I'm not really a heat kind of girl.

• Heart

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
Same, I’ve got my boots and jumpers back out as it’s a mere 14 degrees here today. Kinda wonderful.
Ah god no please sun come back! I’ve had annual leave from work for the past week and it’s just been cloudy, windy and cool for the whole time! Feel like it’s a waste of time off!

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I love it when it's sunny and warm for a few days, then it turns grey and raining for a few days. It really mixes things up. The rain and dreariness brings a pleasant comfort that I enjoy. I can sit by the window on my laptop and look out at the rain coming down. It's very soothing.
Only if it’s raining during the week and sunny at the weekends. Normally is the opposite

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
I’m going to a festival on Saturday and it’s forecast heavy thundery showers all day, and windy 😩

• Sad

Vroomvroom

Chatty Member
Just got back from a week in Spain and I’m delighted to come home to hot weather! Off until Monday so I’m going to finish my holiday on the costa del garden 😎

Maid22

VIP Member
Horrendous smirrie rain on the drive to work this morning. Felt very autumnal until I got out the car. Still, as others have said, prefer this to 40 degree heat.
Never heard that before, smirrie! We call it mizzly! Can't believe folks are putting on their heating !

• Heart

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
I'm firmly team summer - absolutely hate this torrential rain. Scared about heating costs for winter & how I'm going to dry my clothes
this year we've had a mixture of heavy constant heavy rain, high winds, with exception of the last week in May a few weeks in June, 2 weeks in September, and were now starting our icy season, there is huge berries on the bushes here, My Aunt has said that seemingly it is a sign of a bad winter! so not looking forward to it!

• Sad