Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I'm in the Midlands so so far it's been drizzly rain all day, road surface spray and wind, but not as bad as what I am seeing down south on the TV. This weather depresses me though. It went dark outside about 3pm, and I was in the office at work and it was that horrible bright office /dark windows contrast.

Reactions: 2

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
One thing I fear about winter is the harshness and not being able to dry my clothes as well. Although I think I'm going to be a dehumidifier in advance of Autumn/Winter. I was poorly prepped last year. The increase in bills aren't a big deal as I can wear more layers of clothing and spend time at friends/family's homes, so I can avoid hefty bills.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
I'm glad it's cooled down tbh.

I'm ok with hot weather but I found that mini heatwave thing a bit oppressive up my way.

Maybe because the nights had started drawing in made it feel odd.

• Heart

Lollyy

VIP Member
Fed up with this bloody miserable weather.

Thought when I was pregnant I'd have a wonderful summer getting all my washing dried on the line. Wouldn't need to worry about what coats I fitted in to until late September. Walks daily in the sunshine topping up my tan. Instead I have been using my tumble dryer constantly, I have to wear my old walking coat regularly which makes me look like a 90s grannny and I'm pale as a ghost and regularly come home from nap walks soaking fecking wet. Bah humbug.
---

I've got about 20 flowers total on my tomato plants. I have 4 growing. One of them was a seedling planted in February and it's barely knee height still.
Aww I feel you, was pregnant last year I’m the 40degree heat and moaned! Thought this year with baby would have lovely summer and lovely weather! Nope
Also no plants in garden, nothing has really flowered and grass is just growing due to so much rain with tiniest bit of sun 🙄

• Sad

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
I'll admit it's been a bit parky round my way but I'd sooner this than weird unnatural heatwaves where every one moans (on here also )they're going to die or simply explode because it's so hot. I'm great with really hot weather tbf but a load aren't. Comments on here have been laughable when it gets a bit hot.

2 years ago in May the ground up here was bone dry 4 feet down. Thats completely unnatural and unsustainable tbf. I'm not even big on eco stuff but that's very concerning. Be careful what you wish for.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
I hated last years heatwave but think I’m getting a bit fed up of the rain now. Can’t wait to go on holiday soon!

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I must admit I am sick of my scalp sweating. I have thick hair and this time of year, it’s a bit much, ugggggghhhh. I didn’t get the thunderstorm I was promised either, so it’s still really muggy.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Technically, it's not even summer yet, it starts June 21st. This is normal spring temperatures/weather :ROFLMAO: we're just so used to global warming, we expect 25 degrees by May now
Meteorological summer started 1 June.
Single digit temperatures are not normal for June!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I think I have watched those videos actually, along with Antartica and Svalbard. If I can't be in freezing cold, next best thing is to binge watch those videos. :D I'm not really a heat kind of girl.
I also dislike summer. I have pain skin and it was a faff to constantly be worried about burring, covering up and overdosing on suncream.

---
I like cold but -32. 🥶

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
@JulesWake I'm a complete insomniac, I've often thought it would be good to have an insomniac thread on here! You are not alone (and not for preferring colder weather, either)

• Heart

zetta buttons

VIP Member
I don’t care if I’m the only one posting on this thread. This weather is awful. I feel for everyone really suffering ❤. We had 3 days of proper crisp autumn after muggy shit and now there’s going to be a month of rain before winter sets in.

Sick of this shit.

(Something awful happened when I was younger regarding weather that my mum and I only just really realised was probably making us hate weather so much. Won’t mention it as it’s horrid but it’s kind of validates why I can’t sleep and go into a blue funk any time it’s awful). I’ll write again soon with another moan x

• Heart
My garden is Drenched again. All it’s done today is rain and most of this week is saying rain as well
I didn’t realise we got monsoons in the UK now

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Horrendous smirrie rain on the drive to work this morning. Felt very autumnal until I got out the car. Still, as others have said, prefer this to 40 degree heat.