The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any tips of what to wear at work to help keep cool? Like cooling vests etc? I'm more heat intolerant after starting sertraline.
I dont have tips on what to wear but perhaps freeze a small bottle of water to hug around your wrists when you get too hot.
It helps me anyway

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any tips of what to wear at work to help keep cool? Like cooling vests etc? I'm more heat intolerant after starting sertraline.
I don’t know about the setraline but I find I feel less sticky/sweaty at work if I’m wearing cotton/linen blouses /dresses/ trousers than polyester stuff. When I used to wear polyester workshirts or tops I used to get really stinky arms in this weather, but since I made the switch to cotton fabrics I do feel like I can breathe a bit better and not be self-conscious.

I also have a little plug in USB fan on my desk which is a godsend when it’s muggy.

Reactions: 2
Apparently putting a hot water bottle in the freezer works.

(I’ve never tried this and tbh the only time I don’t have a (hot) hottie is when it hits 30+ during the day. I even take one on holiday. Got one now 🤣.)

Thank you for suggestions. I wear scrubs, so don't get any choice on the material, nor can I have a fan 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Thank you for suggestions. I wear scrubs, so don't get any choice on the material, nor can I have a fan 😭
Can you soak wristbands (and wring out obviously) in water and wear them ?

Running wrists under cool water can cool you down so this could help?

(sorry if this isn’t allowed too 😞)

Can the heavens pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaase open up i beg of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hate, hate, hate this weather!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Can the heavens pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaase open up i beg of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hate, hate, hate this weather!
Ah no, you got me into trouble just now! I opened the front door to see what the skies were like here and was accosted by a very drunk woman who said she wanted to buy 2 places along the street, was a lecturer, King Charles and Camilla are going to resign soon and she didn't have her false teeth in.

No idea if any of that was genuine!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone tried the bowl of ice in front/under the fan? It's really good. Gives off a cooling effect similar to air con.

Reactions: 3
I put my pillowcases in the freezer and was looking forward to bedtime and having nice cool sheets but they just smell like chicken nuggets and are giving me brain freeze 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Agreed, I managed an extra hour this morning. No storms due here in the Mids today though so likely sticky all day.

Whoever suggested frozen hot water bottles, I salute you! 🫡

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else get really stroppy and agitated when trying to get dressed in this heat 😭 I’ve had a shower and after getting dressed I feel like I need another one 🥵 so sticky and gross it’s put me in a right mood 🤣

Reactions: 15
Does anyone else get really stroppy and agitated when trying to get dressed in this heat 😭 I’ve had a shower and after getting dressed I feel like I need another one 🥵 so sticky and gross it’s put me in a right mood 🤣
Yep, I'm really going to have to come up with a strategy for this summer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.