The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that wasn’t the restful night sleep I had planned for the week from hell 😆 it’s already 16 degrees here in the East Midlands. Beautiful morning though, can’t argue that.

Reactions: 10
And nobody's doing anything! I'm not even talking about acting against climate change but just responding to the changing weather. Air con needs to be more widely available. I'm no engineer but there must be a way of adapting houses to keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer. We need to change our work pattern in the summer like in hotter countries so that people don't have to work in unbearable conditions.
But every year people just say oh it only happens once in a blue moon, or oh the UK only ever gets a couple of weeks of 'good' weather. Can't they see its happening every year now and we need to adapt!?
And people are still having children, to live in who knows what kind of environment in 40 years.

Reactions: 1
It’s too bleeping hot. I’m sweating already at work

I am a postie. I’ve got four drinks with me and already contemplating getting an ice lolly
If you happen to speak to your postie today offer them a drink or an ice lolly. You don’t know what it means to us. Our drinks don’t say warm in the van and a little pick me up during the day really lifts us

I slept rubbish last night turned my fan on at 439 am

It’s never this hot in June!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Get used to it. I'm really golden though.

Attachments

• Heart
Very lazy day yesterday finally managed to get everyone to agree to a walk (beautiful sun all day). Within 10 minutes we in the middle a very heavy downpour. Ran home realised we had left the sky lights open and there was an inch of water in the utility I $hit you not. Love British weather.

Me and my husband cleaning in absolute silence and trying not to blame each other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Very lazy day yesterday finally managed to get everyone to agree to a walk (beautiful sun all day). Within 10 minutes we in the middle a very heavy downpour. Ran home realised we had left the sky lights open and there was an inch of water in the utility I $hit you not. Love British weather.

Me and my husband cleaning in absolute silence and trying not to blame each other.
Last year I went out for a run leaving the French doors open. Halfway through there was a downpour. I thought it was fine as my wife was home.

More fool me. She was blissfully unaware, watching some YouTube tit in the bedroom. Needless to say, we weren’t cleaning in absolute silence that day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I had to sleep down stairs last night. Our tower fan in the loft. I've had a bad stomach all weekend, if it's muggy I suffer. How people live all year in high temps I'll never know.

Reactions: 4
Just once it would be nice of we could have the warmth without the humidity (East Midlands). The air is always really close. I poce a sunny day woth a clean cool breeze but this isn't it. I didn't get thunder yesterday unlike other Midlands posters but my phone is suggesting there might be some later, though where the weather apps are concerned they often get the thunder wrong.

I keep refilling the ice cube tray 😂

Reactions: 5
Im ok as I have an american fridge freezer with ice dispenser! Its so muggy and sweaty out. I work on the chilled department at work and its the nicest place to be right now. I wish I was at work today just so I could be cool 😂
Sky is abit cloudy and we have 50% chance of rain and thunder at school kick out so we will see!

Crazy rain and thunder hear in the east mids…wrong day to get the paddling pool out!! 😬

Reactions: 2
It’s absolutely roasting and my little boy is in a bad mood cos of it. He wanted to play out we went out it’s too hot. Our garden has no shade in the afternoons. Im now sat infront of the fan whilst he has an ice lolly

I just looked at my weather it’s gonna be 26 alll week

we have had huge hail wind rain thunder and lightning
I love a good storm but what just happened actually scared me half to death

Massive flash of lightning the loudest roll of thunder I've ever heard and three one after what sounded like explosions band bang bang
Followed by a power surge where all our lights came on im so glad my husband has got a day off today and is here with me

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
we have had huge hail wind rain thunder and lightning
I love a good storm but what just happened actually scared me half to death

Massive flash of lightning the loudest roll of thunder I've ever heard and three one after what sounded like explosions band bang bang
Followed by a power surge where all our lights came on im so glad my husband has got a day off today and is here with me
Same here! That was terrifying. Didn't see it because I have the curtains closed, but I thought someone had been shot

It is absolutely chucking it down, lots of thunder.

On the lightning app i use, there are hundreds of red dots showing the strikes in the last ten mins, yet BBC weather is still saying sunshine :ROFLMAO:

My street is close to flooding.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I dread this time of year, I basically hibernate! I've got hyperhidrosis and sweat even in winter, so this is quite literal torture for me.
---
It’s too bleeping hot. I’m sweating already at work

I am a postie. I’ve got four drinks with me and already contemplating getting an ice lolly
If you happen to speak to your postie today offer them a drink or an ice lolly. You don’t know what it means to us. Our drinks don’t say warm in the van and a little pick me up during the day really lifts us

I slept rubbish last night turned my fan on at 439 am

It’s never this hot in June!!!!

I empathise, I can't tolerate the heat. Get yourself one of those double vacuumed flasks. I take one with me in summer, as they keep drinks really cool. I rely on mine heavily in summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Last year I went out for a run leaving the French doors open. Halfway through there was a downpour. I thought it was fine as my wife was home.

More fool me. She was blissfully unaware, watching some YouTube tit in the bedroom. Needless to say, we weren’t cleaning in absolute silence that day.
You can laugh about it afterwards, but...at the time there are frazzled tempers!!!

I'm finding it far too warm, looking at Amazon later for contraptions to cool the place down

• Heart
Does anyone have any tips of what to wear at work to help keep cool? Like cooling vests etc? I'm more heat intolerant after starting sertraline.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.