The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been really wet and windy here but I love listening to the wind roaring and the rain pelting the windows

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure I'm going to look out the window and see Noah sailing past in his ark soon :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Pretty sure I'm going to look out the window and see Noah sailing past in his ark soon :rolleyes:
I cried in the shower and on the way to work yesterday because of this fecking rain (I may have cried because of other things too but it was because of the rain as well).

It’s cold and relentless and now the bbc app has snow next week. People are going on about mildness. What mildness? It’s 4.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Just had freak hail and lightning and now the street is covered in hail about an inch thick within 10 mins. I think it will freeze on the road as there's currently no grit down...

• Sad
  • Wow
Loadsa snow. Pretty. Twinkling. Sparkling.
Absolute chaos when you need to go anywhere.
Why don't humans hibernate?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
It's snowing! 😲❄☃

First snow I've seen for a couple of years. Given that my foot hurts and it's icy out I'm staying at home today, thank god I went to work yesterday and am up to date

• Heart
So icey on the way to school this morning. No snow forecast and it's going to slightly warm up in to next week which is good.

Reactions: 1
What temperature are peoples houses if you don't have the heating on? We live in a fairly large 3 bed detached, and yesterday the thermostat was 10.5.

Heating has been off today since about 8am and its sitting at 13.

I'm Wfh and am freezing!

Mine is generally about 13c if the heating is off but has been known to drop to around 10 on colder days 😣 I live in an old stone cottage with crap insulation though so it doesn't hold the heat very well. Having said that, when it was 40c last summer, it managed to hold the heat for what seemed like days!!

Reactions: 2
Mine is around 17° with the heating off, but has dropped to 15°
Good in the winter, but not so good in the summer, it gets like a furnace and takes forever to cool back down, when it was 40° last year my house was 31° upstairs it was disgusting.

Mine is 10.5 now (had the heating on for 30mins at 7) it’ll stay there because we are in a terrace until I get home from work and then I’ll get it up to 13.5.

(i hate it hot in the house. When upstairs gets above 16 I’m moody)

Reactions: 2
What temperature are peoples houses if you don't have the heating on? We live in a fairly large 3 bed detached, and yesterday the thermostat was 10.5.
Without heating on ours generally sits at about 12/13 degrees. Our plumber serviced our boiler recently and said he'd recommend keeping out thermostat at 15 so the heating always kicks in if it drops below that then just upping it when we need to 🤷‍♀️

Is it just me, but it's absolutely freezing today, no frost, no winds, just feel soo cold!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.