Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dexy

VIP Member
I liked her first book and thought she was super funny and witty. Find her a bit dull nowadays.

Reactions: 1

Sp20191

VIP Member
I feel so sorry for the older boys, the eldest especially. He’s trying to do his school work and she’s letting the youngest one climb all over him and disturb him.

she needs to stop indulging him. He’s extremely spoiled
It must be hard tho, how do you help two older children whilst you have a toddler?!

My boys need constant attention when doing their school work, it’s bad enough having to split myself into two let alone having a toddler wanting to ‘help’ too x

She is no different from any other instamum, sharing all the details of her sons' upbringing, warts and all, without their consent - good luck when they grow up and it's there for the world to see.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
I searched her name on here expecting to find it in the rave section.

I love her I don't mind the tantrum videos as she is respectful towards her childen and knows her boundaries, she isn't afraid to apologise when she gets it wrong too. If she ever posts about having a tough time with anything it will almost certainly be followed with a post talking about how grateful she is for what she does have shortly after. To me it reflects the real side of parenting and sums up the emotional rollercoaster that comes with being a mother.

She is honest and real and by no means greedy, she is no doubt offered so many freebies and money for ads and it i imagine it is very tempting but she has stayed true to her word in not taking anything she wouldnt genuinely use.

Sarah is refreshing and i wish more would take a leaf out of her book.
Im surprised she hasn't been moved the race section to be fair!

Quiet Observer

Just as bad as all the others with the kids plastered all over the internet. The recent pictures of the youngest throwing tantrums and pulling his face shouldn’t be all over the internet. I know she’s trying to be relatable and fair enough she’s not pretending parenting is all sunshine and rainbows but her kids have not consented to the Instagram life. How is this going to affect the boys in later life? Will they want their lives documented online when young adults? One if the first things we are told in my line of work is to check the privacy settings on all our social medias. How would her kids be able to do that? Their entire lives are out there - tantrums and all.

erin182

VIP Member
I do wonder if there’s more to wilfs behaviour - rather than him just being ‘spirited’

CinderElla84

I love Unmumsy mum and read all her blog posts when my little girl was first born. Helped me realise that it was ok that I found parenting hard work. Also love man vs baby. He just seems like a down to earth Yorkshire man.

Lynseyp

VIP Member
She lives in the same city as me but i have yet to bump into her, a friend of mine knows her personally and says she's a lovely lady and very quiet.

Rinitiaa

I like her - book/author wise

Instagram wise - no, because its still overexposing children on social media

Also i am surprised this is the first thread!? Shes been around since the original mum blogs hasnt she? (You know, before it got all #ad #gifted #hereisapicofmynakedchildwhydiditgetreported?)

Cookiepie222

Chatty Member
Love her, her books have helped me massively when I became a mum- made me feel like I wasn’t a failure and wasn’t alone when I found things hard

#Sellout

I think filming her children having a tantrum is undignified and, if I'm being brutally honest, unethical. There's no need for it, it's unnecessary and unhelpful. If she's finding it difficult to manage her son's emotions then she could talk about HER experience of this, rather than attempt to document his distress. Disgusting. The lengths some mothers will go to to create content makes me sick.

ABCDEFG

Chatty Member
I did like her at first but like with all once they get the hype they are searching for content and they start doing things just for the hype again.

Boredofthem

I don’t have anything against her. I just couldn’t support anyone posting pictures of their kids online to potentially millions of strangers. I don’t agree with it as the kids don’t have a choice.

What are peoples thoughts? I think she seems normal, quite funny. But this whole filming your son while he’s having a tantrum is rubbing me the wrong way! Anyone else?
I see your point. It is a snippet however of the tantrums. I think she is who she is because she shows that side of her life but I do just want to pick him up and say it'll be ok little fella. She is hilarious and I do like her.

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
Yeah, I think it got taken down, he basically said that no one give a shite if anyone use tattle died!

maytoseptember

VIP Member
The Instamum world has changed SO much since she first got famous. I alway associate her and Hurrah For Gin together, because they both cannily rode the zeitgeist and got book deals at the same time.

Back then it was all about what nightmares toddlers are, what has my life become, gin o clock etc etc. I don’t think you could even get away with half of the stuff they did even five years later (or maybe it’s just that I’ve moved away from preschooler content now my kids are older). It does leave them with no content though 🤷‍♀️ Seems HFG has pretty much stepped away, and now Sarah is looking into branching out into chick lit as a career instead? Will be interesting to see how the book does, because the market is so saturated.

I did roll my eyes at the book announcement when she spammed Stories with her luvvie mates gushing about how wonderful the book is, how they laughed and cried etc. So insincere!