Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Duck1234

I do like unmummsy mum, she takes the piss & doesn’t take it too seriously but she’s an actual author too, so she’s not just selling her soul to the gram because she can’t be arsed to get a proper job like all the other mummy influencers.

Reactions: 3
I like her, feel she’s the most real of the mummy bloggers. She doesn’t try to make things look perfect like the rest of them.

Noseynora91

I really like her, I find her funny. However I think she’s making a rod for her own back the way she lets wilf dominate everything! Not fair on the other boys

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
I struggle with her recording tantrums and her nursery voice toward him. I felt for her two others when they were trying to learn and she’s just letting him grab stuff and asking if he’s cross in her sing song voice.

I’ve noticed the ads are creeping in a bit....

Barb

Fuck sakes MvB, I thought you were one of the good ones.
I mean, I totally get where he is coming from, some people do just like to piss in everyone's cornflakes but the vipers are hiding in plain sight on places like mumsnet etc.
I've only had my eyes opened to the underhanded tactics the instablaggers in rational way with facts on here. (So far 😬)

Totoschild

Love her! She's a rare breed of normal instamum and she seems to only accept ads or gifts for things she actually uses. Her and UGG are my favourites and they never get on my tits like most of them do

Reactions: 2
She's no different from the others, her children have lost their privacy and in terms of parenting she needs to get a grip with the youngest one - and yes I will judge on her parenting if it's out there in the public domain for everyone to see

Boredofthem

I really like her. Yeh I personally wouldn’t share pics of my kids online but she’s far better than most other instamums are with that level of following.

Pretty certain she could make thousands and thousands more on #ads but chooses not to and whatever she does choose tends to benefit her kids (eg gifted/#spon holiday to butlins at the other end of the country so her kids can try the new water park).

She also handles criticism well and doesn’t seem to block or delete people. I saw a fairly rude/blunt comment once below one of her posts that said “I saw you in the park and you were on your phone ignoring your kids. They looked bored and sad”. She handled it really really well and said that she does need to sort out balance and never gets it right or something like that anyway. She also made it clear she didn’t want the poster being attacked. So refreshing.

I think she must be going through a really difficult time at the moment too. That renovation looks hardcore. Living in that amount of dust and mess for so long with 3 kids honestly looks like hell. I think she tries not to complain too much because she knows she’s lucky to have a nice house that she can afford renovations on. She’s clearly not loaded though. Can you imagine MOD/FOD living through renovations like this?! I mean they wouldn’t because they’re loaded so their life would never play out like this.

Plus I think because Sarah clearly isn’t from a ‘monied’ family (I don’t mean that as an insult. The vast majority of people are not - including me!) I think writing her books and sharing a bit of their lives will have made a significant financial difference to those kids lives. Most instamums are loaded already so the justification and greed for oversharing and getting even wealthier must be a harder sell to the kids once they reach adults. I think Sarah’s 3 will see what Sarah has achieved. She’s like a breath of fresh air as far as I’m concerned.
You said this a lot better than I could!!

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I must admit, I get triggered when she posts stories of Wilf being a pain in the arse, whinging and crying and disrupting everything. Brings back horrible memories of the misery that was parenting my son when he was 2-3 🤣 I would not relive those days if you paid me.

And yes, the nursery voice 😬

Kam2243

I used to like her, then when they bought that house and spent most of the time bitching about the decor and how awful it all was, it annoyed me and made me very sad, that was someone’s home, they lived there a long time by the look of it, and it was in pretty good condition considering it’s age.

As for her youngest, if I lived near them and had to enjoy his screaming constantly I wouldn’t be best pleased!

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
what are recent thoughts about her? I have followed for a long time, hated her filming her youngest upset but she seemed to have stopped that. Although how the kids are generally filmed, photographed and used for ads which is just 👎🏼. Have noticed so many ads creeping in, then the affiliate links and now the affiliate links not labelled 🙄 they never stay genuine, the money always wins!

Attachments

urghmummybloggers

VIP Member
I feel so sorry for the older boys, the eldest especially. He’s trying to do his school work and she’s letting the youngest one climb all over him and disturb him.

she needs to stop indulging him. He’s extremely spoiled
I feel the same way. It’s not having a dig at her home schooling, it’s allowing her youngest absolutely no boundaries and interrupting her eldest trying to work. To me, it’s spoiled behaviour and she’s too lax

maytoseptember

VIP Member
It must be hard tho, how do you help two older children whilst you have a toddler?!

My boys need constant attention when doing their school work, it’s bad enough having to split myself into two let alone having a toddler wanting to ‘help’ too x
It is hard for sure, especially when you have a difficult/“spirited” child who kicks off no matter what you do. I remember the days when I literally couldn’t listen to my child read after school because the younger one would scream bloody murder and hang off my legs. So I sympathise with her there.

Reactions: 1