The Tim Tracker #9 And now it’s time for stuff we’ll never do for $100, Alex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When she said in the Epcot video how he’s now being “defiant” (and seemed pretty angry about it), I just 😡😡😡. No, Jenn, he’s being a normal toddler who doesn’t want to be strapped in a friggin stroller all day!!

Reactions: 15
And what was the purpose of this thing? I'm assuming it was supposed to bring them prosperity or something?
Yeah it's like a New Year's Eve/Day tradition some people do. You turn a lemon into a pig, and put a penny for each person in the household in the mouth. You dispose of it when all the pennies fall and it's supposed to bring you prosperity for the year.

It's been molding on their windowsill for almost a month now.

Reactions: 3
What is a retention pond??
Florida is dotted with ponds, waterways, and a very high water level (when the weather is proper). The retention ponds are man made ponds used to divert the moisture and keep water from flooding the neighborhoods as the areas are filled in for construction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
And what was the purpose of this thing? I'm assuming it was supposed to bring them prosperity or something?
So Tim wanted to come up with some traditions, so they googled some ideas. They came up with this stupid pig thing last year. So last year, Tim decided, on his own as it has nothing to do with the prosperity pig, that they would throw the pig into a lake after the pennies fell out. Well, they didn't last year, so the world was infested with COVID-19 because of it. So this year, they made a promise to the world that they would take it to a lake the second the pennies fell out. Thank GOD for the Trackers! Now 2021 will be a prosperous year!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably slightly off topic, but the idea of retention ponds just popped it into head 😂
Those of you who live in the Orlando area, I’ve been for about seven holidays staying in a villa / at Disney and I’ve never seen a gator. Is that bad luck (because the kids are desperate!) or are they really not that prevalent near the parks?

I really thought I saw one in the car park of magic kingdom once... but it was a log 😂

Probably slightly off topic, but the idea of retention ponds just popped it into head 😂
Those of you who live in the Orlando area, I’ve been for about seven holidays staying in a villa / at Disney and I’ve never seen a gator. Is that bad luck (because the kids are desperate!) or are they really not that prevalent near the parks?

I really thought I saw one in the car park of magic kingdom once... but it was a log 😂
I've seen a baby gator over in Fort Wilderness and someone said there's a rather large one living in the retention pond behind Space Mountain, although it was probably removed with all the others they could find after the incident with the little boy.

The saying in Florida is that if there's a puddle, a gator will find it. Always assume there is one nearby if you're near water. Even check out the pools before climbing in as they've been known to go for a swim.

Reactions: 4

If you see water of decent depth (i.e. even ankle deep like ditches or thigh deep like small channels), just think there might be gators or snakes in them or near them (babies or otherwise) - virtually anywhere in Fla.

RE: Disney. There was one that found its way into the water on Splash Mountain. And they obviously had the attack at the Grand Floridian. There's gators on property all over.

(I should edit to add - they typically monitor them and remove them when they get to a certain length / size)

Florida is dotted with ponds, waterways, and a very high water level (when the weather is proper). The retention ponds are man made ponds used to divert the moisture and keep water from flooding the neighborhoods as the areas are filled in for construction.
Indeed. And some retention ponds are quite lovely. You'd never know they were manmade!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
View attachment 404566

Hi Ellen, why don't you come talk to us directly? If you can prove your identity (I'm sure we can find a way not involving doxing) I'll gladly donate money to a charity of your choosing.
Hi Ellen, thanks for the shout out. I know that you will see this comment. You say that you are a retired 57 year old living in NC.
Well I am also retired[age 67]. I live in the Raleigh area. If you live within an hour's drive where I am, would gladly like to meet you somewhere in a public place. Perhaps a Chick-fil-A. I will even buy you a sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wait what it's there job to drag there child around all day.
Does this mean I cam stop paying childcare and take my little boy to work with me if I throw him snacks every so often

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I lived in Florida for years and went to Disney frequently. I don't think we ever saw one at the hotels or the parks. Other than AK. If they want to see gators Gator Land is a great place to go. They can even feed them. Which I would never recommend someone do in the wild.

Reactions: 2
So it’s not bad enough the she’s more concerned about getting his clothes dirty than actually feeding him, but today’s IG story is just horrific. They’re too lazy to prepare food for their child from scratch, but not letting him hold that pouch/ container was just cruel. It bad parenting. This child will never learn fine motor skills. I’ve never seen anything like it. God knows what he will have learnt by the time he in high school.

Reactions: 7
I lived in Florida for years and went to Disney frequently. I don't think we ever saw one at the hotels or the parks. Other than AK. If they want to see gators Gator Land is a great place to go. They can even feed them. Which I would never recommend someone do in the wild.
we went to Gatorland and they did they feeding them with the fishing poles.. the only wild one anyone has ever seen was my husband on the golf course at Grand Lakes. I do not want to take up golf but the kids look out for them everywhere to see a wild one. All we have here are foxes that get in the bins 😂

So it’s not bad enough the she’s more concerned about getting his clothes dirty than actually feeding him, but today’s IG story is just horrific. They’re too lazy to prepare food for their child from scratch, but not letting him hold that pouch/ container was just cruel. It bad parenting. This child will never learn fine motor skills. I’ve never seen anything like it. God knows what he will have learnt by the time he in high school.
those pouches are definitely designed for kids to do themselves. I can’t believe they’re putting on a spoon!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So on the YouTube mobile app if you click on the channel logo of a commenter it shows how many comments that person has made on the channel you are watching. 588 comments in 5 months...
That has

We have a lot near our home close to Disney, they're pretty good at removing them at resorts before they get too large

we went to Gatorland and they did they feeding them with the fishing poles.. the only wild one anyone has ever seen was my husband on the golf course at Grand Lakes. I do not want to take up golf but the kids look out for them everywhere to see a wild one. All we have here are foxes that get in the bins 😂

those pouches are definitely designed for kids to do themselves. I can’t believe they’re putting on a spoon!
For in the wild there are Everglades airboat tours that you can take. They are fun and you can not only see gators, but other Florida wildlife. We used to drive to the Everglades in the citey where we lived and would shine our car lights out into the water and you could see their eyes glowing. LOL!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.