Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lemonsqueeze

VIP Member
They got a different experience. They flew on Southwest Airlines to Houston to see the unveiling of the Disney 50th Anniversary livery. They were treated to lunch, saw a small show, got 50th Anniversary Mickey ears and champagne on the flight back to Orlando. They were the only two vloggers I recognized and the plane wasn't completely full.
Marvelous! They don't get nothing Epcot! :m🤪🤣😁

It also doesn't have any real narrative flow. It's just a medley of songs. And some of them are weird--Moana, Coco, Mulan, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback I get. I'm at a loss to explain Lion King (given that its home is Animal Kingdom) and Princess and the Frog.

And they REALLY should have used more than 3 seconds of "Vuelie."
According to the video Disney Parks put out today for the 50th Celebration, Harmonious was supposed to highlight 3 acts: "Gather" is the first act and gathers people from around the world to hear reimagined familiar Disney songs in different languages ostensibly so that those who hear the song in their language can feel connected and part of the world in harmony, "Celebrate" is the second act which goes into the World Showcase going continent by continent celebrating the world through Disney songs. The third act is "Unite" which takes the spirit of what Epcot is about showcasing the world as one harmonious place. It was never meant to just be about Epcot but about 50 years of Walt Disney World and all of their parks. I may not have been a huge fan of every spectacular Disney has ever done but every one of them did uplift me in some way.

apojacks

VIP Member
Does anyone know if the unveiling of the 50th livery for Southwest was a Disney sponsored event or a Southwest sponsored event?

Lemonsqueeze

VIP Member
I think Tim was invited out. Like I said it seems every vlogger out there has been invited. The guy I follow, where I found Tim, said he was heading over to Epcot later on for and invited Space 220 dinner. I think they just split all the vloggers into groups and are rotating them.
I’ll be interested to see if my theory pans out and PCD sees kitetails at some point today.
well that's nice not them fighting who's first lol esp must be hard with new stuff haha. I doubt they'll rotate for fireworks :(

I stopped watching DFB a few years ago. It didn't take me long to realize that she had the same 20 clips that she would use in different combinations to make different videos, but it was always the exact same clips. Bad enough that this was incredibly repetitive. Even worse, she used these same clips for such long periods of time and didn't bother to check if the information was still correct, which a lot of the time it wasn't. Disney restaurant menus change, but she was either too lazy to check or didn't care. Not sure if she still lives in Texas, so I do understand that she couldn't visit the parks as often as local Orlando vloggers. But all she had to do was check the menus on the Disney website to verify if her info was up-to-date. But I guess that didn't really matter either, she had a limited number of clips and was going to keep using them no matter what.

Unfortunately, the average person watching her videos wasn't going to know the info is incorrect, at least until they are physically at Disney. And then her excuse is that the menu must have changed right after she posted her video, when in reality it probably changed months ago and she's just too lazy to keep up. Don't know if this is still her MO, since I haven't watched for a while. But with all this new food for the 50th, she might actually have to do some work for once.
I think you're right. She does live outside of Florida. I don't watch her for food to be honest. I do subscribe to the newsletter because it is full of information. The website is much better than the youtube videos which I rarely watch.