Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Insomiaflamingo

VIP Member
Sorry getting back from the beach and it’s taken me a couple of days to fully get back in to things, not sure if this was answered or not. I remember there used to be and they would take your photo coming down the big slide and I think some prop areas. Disney definitely wants you to buy pictures like these so they will try it anywhere.

Kyle was in line for a slide and had his phone over the railing recording a group on a raft, and stoped walking to film the kids pool area and did a slow pan of it. Tim has done similar things in the past with filming what things look like and catching several guests in the process. I just don’t think they should be able to do that and then put it online for several thousands of strangers to view while making money on it.
Thank you for the help😃
Sorry getting back from the beach and it’s taken me a couple of days to fully get back in to things, not sure if this was answered or not. I remember there used to be and they would take your photo coming down the big slide and I think some prop areas. Disney definitely wants you to buy pictures like these so they will try it anywhere.

Kyle was in line for a slide and had his phone over the railing recording a group on a raft, and stoped walking to film the kids pool area and did a slow pan of it. Tim has done similar things in the past with filming what things look like and catching several guests in the process. I just don’t think they should be able to do that and then put it online for several thousands of strangers to view while making money on it.

dingdangdong

I am surprised their staycations haven’t included the new refurbs at Saratoga Springs. They’re absolutely beautiful now, and they’d be able to walk over to DS.

Urjustaputz

Chatty Member
If they gave Adam points we'd know. He can't not brag about free stuff. He would act like it was a reward for his dedication to the brand.
It's not free per say but if he bought resale he would have gotten a stripped contract because he bought direct he can choose use year month and he would have gotten points for 2020 (its hard to explain)

RyanNodal

I completely agree with them ruining hidden gems. OT: ATW stayed at the contemporary. I thought it took 7 months to use your points at a non home resort.
I thought he said that too but I bet he rented points for the video. He's run out of content and wants to record these places before others do.

SheDaisy

Chatty Member
It's not free per say but if he bought resale he would have gotten a stripped contract because he bought direct he can choose use year month and he would have gotten points for 2020 (its hard to explain)
That's what I was gonna say. And they also sometimes give the previous years points as an incentive to purchase when they are having issues selling certain resorts..

Badel671

Good luck on your move!!!! This is why I love moving every 3/4 years, I have to go through our crap and get rid of some. I’m worried what would happen if we didn’t!!
You'd think that, but hot damn we have like 8 of these giant black and yellow bins that are full to the brim. Also it didn't help that our place that we are leaving has a huge storage room in the basement where things were just left to die.

I did downsize my Funko collection that netted me nearly 4k so that helped ease the burden of moving quite a few boxes.

As an enthusiastic home cook, I was amazed how many boxes I filled up that were just kitchen/dining room related.

Last edited:

Lankylamb

VIP Member
How the heck are they still allowed to have comments on? I watch another travel channel with a couple of young kids and they've had their comments turned off by Youtube for probably a year.
Comments are only turned off if they set the video to 'Made for Kids'

It's still a grey area I think whether made for kids includes made WITH kids.

I'm all for keeping people employed but I just wish they would change the name if they keep it going past Fat Tuesday. Maybe "Taste of Spring" (stupid name but you know what I mean).
Mardi Gras has a religious meaning to many people and there is a reason Mardi Gras begins and ends on specific dates each year.
Totally agree with this. All for a bit of colour and fun...and food...AND drink 🤣 but a change of name would be more appropriate.