Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I just can't believe she pleaded guilty in the first place! She just took his word for it. She didn't want to watch the CCTV (which she watched later & found it suspicious). She didn't want to put Kyle through a court case so just threw her life away just because? Would you really do that?

Gah! So disappointing...

Reactions: 9

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Sheridan Smith is in another drama called No Return on Monday night (ITV) there might be a thread on it next week but let’s hope that’s better than The Teacher! 😂
She’s been busy as she was in Four Lives as well! She was good in that. I didn’t think she was as good as usual in The Teacher but probably because it was a shit script!

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
What a waste of 4 hrs! It had so much potential!
I have a lot of questions. Did Jenna’s solicitor ever respond? Why didn’t she get the police involved as she was gathering evidence? Why didn’t the police reinvestigate when Jenna revealed she wasn’t behind the phone/social media account? Is Kyle’s mum Brian’s estranged daughter, thus making Kyle his grandson? Why didn’t the police investigate properly the first time? Why didn’t they see from the CCTV that Jack picked Jenna up after the club? Why did Pauline just sit in that back room - it’s not like she was gagged or tied up? There are more but I can’t even be bothered 😕
I thought Kyle might be his grandson, and thought we’d find that out in the next episode . But there isn’t one.🙄 . Not keen on Sheridan Smith in the first place, but thought I’d give it a go. Annoys me the way she is forever looking into the middle distance when she is acting ‘thinking’. Waste of time. 🙁

Vee6

VIP Member
If anything did happen, and she was too drunk to remember/consent. Then why aren’t they concerned that she was raped?

• Wow

SunshineRae

VIP Member
I watched it and I’m really impressed with SS. She is a really great actress and actually made me feel really stressed/anxious on her behalf.

Reactions: 8

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
It just made no sense. As if anyone in her situation (being watched / stalked / filmed without your knowledge) would willingly walk into that crack den looking house. How ridiculous!!! You would drive up and think “fuck that” and keep driving. 🤪 such an infuriating end when episode 1 and 2 were well done.
Not only that if Pauline didn’t answer you would just get back in your car and drive off! It’s not as if Pauline’s text said ‘help me, come quick’! You wouldn’t try and get in the house to look for her!

Leo100

VIP Member
Yeah they missed out half the characters in the last episode , I was enjoying it until then. Why did ryans mum hate that Arnold so much? Was it her in the brochure?

Omg I could go on , so many unanswered questions

Webster1357

VIP Member
When will I learn to STOP WATCHING CHANNEL 5 DRAMAS?

I really should have learned my lesson after The Drowning…

• Haha

ThisishowIlivenow

VIP Member
Yes that was wierd. It did seem like she fancied him then :sick:
I thought that was going to be the twist - that she did have inappropriate feelings for a pupil, therefore was the same as Arnold.
That would have been a pretty good ending. Instead of the tripe we got

• Haha

Kittypops

VIP Member
I dont get how she was drinking heavily, then all her alcoholism suddenly disappeared so she could turn her attention to being a super sleuth, better than her lawyer and all

So many more questions after looking forward to a catch up on this, but now I'm heartily disappointed for all and every reason above

ThisishowIlivenow

VIP Member
Well. That was....

I just don't get it. Why the fuck wouldn't you go to the police to clear your name?! Excuse the language but I'm having very strong feelings about how stupid the ending was!
So many questions!
So Kyle's mum isn't the estranged daughter as he said Sara was her name but Kyle's mum was capped Mary.
It seems brian/Arnold was Kyle's tutor... Which leads to why the intense hatred of his mum towards him - it seemed like she knew him? I thought for sure she was one of his former pupils but seems not?
Sooo many questions!

Reactions: 7

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Kyle go along with the plan for Brian? I know he was tutored by him but what else was there?

SunshineRae

VIP Member
I thought Kyle might be his grandson, and thought we’d find that out in the next episode . But there isn’t one.🙄 . Not keen on Sheridan Smith in the first place, but thought I’d give it a go. Annoys me the way she is forever looking into the middle distance when she is acting ‘thinking’. Waste of time. 🙁
The series could have been cut in half if they dropped all the acting ‘thinking’ scenes 😂

• Haha
couldn’t help looking at the buildings in tonight’s episode, you can tell it’s filmed abroad.

Didn’t think much of tonight’s episode and I keep asking myself why hasn’t she been to the police with these envelopes, photos & the condom. Obviously he’s stalking her and if I knew someone was stalking me I wouldn’t want to be in that house alone or be going out at night

It is driving me mad - the fella at the end - what have I seen him in? Corrie? He reminds me of Ricky Gervais 😂
I get the Ricky Gervais vibes 😂

• Haha

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I think there will be a twist but I don’t see how unless the boy is specifically lying and left a voicemail because…I don’t know why because.

I thought that about the skirt too! I did see the female teacher look at her disapprovingly and thought she was the Head at first and was going to pull her up on it. Btw, is that teacher the main woman from “My Mad Fat Diary”?
Yup!! I couldn't get my head around that. Last time I saw her she was playing a teenager....now she is a woman with a teenage daughter. Messed with my head a bit!

• Haha
I also thought it was weird that her Dad was so hostile towards her and then suddenly they were alright and had mended the rift. Think a lot hit the cutting room floor.

The Budapest thing they will have likely been courted by them to film there with financial incentives, if you look at the crew names that was probably a condition of the filming. I know Sharpe had a similar arrangement with Spain back in the day.

Turmeric123

VIP Member
It just made no sense. As if anyone in her situation (being watched / stalked / filmed without your knowledge) would willingly walk into that crack den looking house. How ridiculous!!! You would drive up and think “fuck that” and keep driving. 🤪 such an infuriating end when episode 1 and 2 were well done.
It looked like how I imagine Mario's flat complex 🤣🤣 Beirut 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

HockyRorror

VIP Member
So we think she did shag a teenager in the bogs?? 🤮
I think there will be a twist but I don’t see how unless the boy is specifically lying and left a voicemail because…I don’t know why because.

I quite enjoyed it. But didn't understand why the school didn't pull her up on that skirt she wore first time we saw her.

And also why the police didn't take her clothing. Would be the first thing they do in any sexual assault.

Thought she played a good part though.
I thought that about the skirt too! I did see the female teacher look at her disapprovingly and thought she was the Head at first and was going to pull her up on it. Btw, is that teacher the main woman from “My Mad Fat Diary”?