Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Well that was a letdown.
Have I missed the connection between Kyle, his Mum and Brian? Or was it just Kyle
was having private tuition from Brian?

Reactions: 11

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I quite enjoyed it. But didn't understand why the school didn't pull her up on that skirt she wore first time we saw her.

And also why the police didn't take her clothing. Would be the first thing they do in any sexual assault.

Thought she played a good part though.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Is anyone watching this? I like it so far. Can’t help but feel it’s biographical for Sheridan Smith given the stories in the media 😬

I understand its a 4-parter from tonight until Thursday so please no spoilers if watching all episodes in advance

• Heart

FoksiOska

VIP Member
I read today that this was actually filmed in Budapest due to budget, but is set to look as though it is in Bradford

• Wow
  • Heart

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
It just made no sense. As if anyone in her situation (being watched / stalked / filmed without your knowledge) would willingly walk into that crack den looking house. How ridiculous!!! You would drive up and think “fuck that” and keep driving. 🤪 such an infuriating end when episode 1 and 2 were well done.

• Haha

Kellybobz

Agree with all the comments, what the chuff was that ending!?! I also felt like a bit of imagination re the casting wouldn’t have gone amiss, I’ve only ever seen Samuel Bottemley in Ackley Bridge-wrong ‘un and every time I see Ian Puleston-Davies in something, I think…wrong ‘un 😂

Reactions: 10

Gracessecret

Well that ending was shite! Talk about an anti climax!
Omg I came on here to say the absolute same thing!! Awful 😂😂 I thought there’d be a reason her dad was so rude and unsupportive but seemingly not…
and then she just leaves things as they are and seemingly doesn’t go to the police to clear her name? Wtf haha

Loveit17

Sheridan Smith is in another drama called No Return on Monday night (ITV) there might be a thread on it next week but let’s hope that’s better than The Teacher! 😂

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I enjoyed it. What stories do you mean?
The stories surrounding alcohol abuse, and acting rowdy and inappropriately (that’s not what I think, just what was in the media about her in the last few years). I thought a few of the lines in tonight’s show were close to home: other characters saying she can’t handle her drink and has blackouts when she’s drunk, and her character mentioning the Daily Mail Sidebar of Shame in disparaging terms. Maybe I was just looking too much into it lol. I liked the first episode a lot, looking forward to the rest!

• Sad
  • Heart

Turmeric123

VIP Member
Sheridan Smith’s crappy veneers are really distracting! The top set are whiter than white then she’s got her original teeth on the bottom 😕 with her money there’s no excuse.
The teeth and the fact she can't walk in those boots had me distracted 🤣

Had potential for a great storyline but was a big letdown

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Misssj80

VIP Member
I was really disappointed with the last episode. And whoever said about Sheridan's teeth, that's all I could concentrate on 🤣

Leo100

VIP Member
Yeah feel like they left it open with the teacher who hated her and that Jack seemed to have more to his story. It's like they couldn't be arsed to finish it and gave it a quick ending

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Yeah that was 😴 crap after episode 2. So many loose ends / half baked parts. What was the deal with Pauline at the end!? She seemed drugged or something.

• Haha

Gracessecret

Why was the dad extremely off with her and then nicer and tolerant.
This is exactly what I’m wondering! It’s almost like he was hiding something himself because he was so hostile throughout and then seemingly fine at the end?? I thought they might’ve delved more into her mum and her relationship with the dad too, as it seems something was off there

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Unless I missed it, I felt like the ending didn't really say whether she ended up clearing her name. I wasn't sure whether we were meant to assume that the police did find out the truth given that Brian killed himself so they would have been involved. Jenna going to see Kyle at football was absolutely ridiculous.
Yes that was wierd. It did seem like she fancied him then :sick:
I thought that was going to be the twist - that she did have inappropriate feelings for a pupil, therefore was the same as Arnold.

• Sick

Gracessecret

I loved it until tonight’s episode too! Feel like there was lots of different subplots / lots of people were involved in the mystery. But in the end it was so rushed… felt like important characters and events had been glossed over.

So did that man groom Kyle in the end / have a relationship with him too and that’s why he was so brainwashed? Or was Kyle just paid to lie? Think I may have misinterpreted some bits?

DoctorWho

Chatty Member
Who do I write an official complaint to about this complete crap? (Just finished the last episode)

What a waste of 4 hrs! It had so much potential!
I have a lot of questions. Did Jenna’s solicitor ever respond? Why didn’t she get the police involved as she was gathering evidence? Why didn’t the police reinvestigate when Jenna revealed she wasn’t behind the phone/social media account? Is Kyle’s mum Brian’s estranged daughter, thus making Kyle his grandson? Why didn’t the police investigate properly the first time? Why didn’t they see from the CCTV that Jack picked Jenna up after the club? Why did Pauline just sit in that back room - it’s not like she was gagged or tied up? There are more but I can’t even be bothered 😕
I don’t understand why Kyle had been speaking to the guy from Corrie?
had he just paid him to setJenna up?

• Haha

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Unless I missed it, I felt like the ending didn't really say whether she ended up clearing her name. I wasn't sure whether we were meant to assume that the police did find out the truth given that Brian killed himself so they would have been involved. Jenna going to see Kyle at football was absolutely ridiculous.

ThisishowIlivenow

VIP Member
Just watched the first two with the intention of finishing it but they’re not available 😭 Will watch the rest on Friday.
I watched the first one thinking I could binge them all, now have to watch night after night. Netflix has ruined me 😭 I need to knowwww!

Edit due to grammar error

• Haha