The Spring Thread 🌸 💐 🌺

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad is my inspiration to be honest. I kinda just plant what he does. But I have planted two big pots of petunia surfinia for my friend as he has just bought a house so they'll be full of colour for the whole summer once they kick off. Can you get to a garden centre, they're always very helpful and will be happy to advise once you explain what you're looking to do.
Yeah I'll have to go to a garden centre and ask. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to planting plants or what to plant in a small garden. I will probably look at YouTube too. You get any inspiration and ideas from YouTube?

Yeah I'll have to go to a garden centre and ask. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to planting plants or what to plant in a small garden. I will probably look at YouTube too. You get any inspiration and ideas from YouTube?
Do you know the garden/area well? If so you could check the labels on the plants, to see if they prefer sunny or shady spots, how big they will grow, when they’ll flower, if they’re scented, and also if they’re suited to growing in pots. They’ll have displays in the garden centre of stuff that will be ready to flower soon. Just check the labels and you can’t go wrong. You can also look if they’ve got pots already planted up with displays, and copy what they’ve got in 😊

Reactions: 2
[
Do you know the garden/area well? If so you could check the labels on the plants, to see if they prefer sunny or shady spots, how big they will grow, when they’ll flower, if they’re scented, and also if they’re suited to growing in pots. They’ll have displays in the garden centre of stuff that will be ready to flower soon. Just check the labels and you can’t go wrong. You can also look if they’ve got pots already planted up with displays, and copy what they’ve got in 😊
Thanks, that's good to know. I suppose garden centres are there for that reason aren't they. To help people out who have bo idea like myself lol. No, I don't know the garden well at all, only seen it once. I look on in admiration at people who take lots of care and pride of their gardens - i think it's brilliant.

• Heart
Love this thread. Gardening makes me very happy. Some of my favourite flowers are phlox and black eyed Susan's. They bloom all season. It is nice to go outside and see all the trees with their blossom, even better when you can smell it in the air 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well firstly get the washing out on the line 🤣 then I might go to a garden centre see what plants they have.
what are your plans anything nice?
What kind of plants you thinking of buying?
God knows what I'm doing. Even though the sun's out, I am probably gonna be indoors lol. Tomorrow is a better day anyway, Sundays always are haha.

What kind of plants you thinking of buying?
God knows what I'm doing. Even though the sun's out, I am probably gonna be indoors lol. Tomorrow is a better day anyway, Sundays always are haha.
Well I'm thinking some lavender, a few buxus balls and some lupin.

Feel like today has been suchhhhh a lovely day. Been to the park and had some Ice cream. Then been in the garden all afternoon. Got my rattan furniture out with the cushions my solar lights in the tree , my little boy has been playing outside ALL weekend!! And my washing is blowing nicely in the wind! Got some ice lollies yesterday summer is officially here. Even just the smell of sun cream is heaven. My cat, dog and rabbits have been laying out in the sun on the decking 😅. Ok I’m done now 😂😂😂😂

I love this time of year 🌞 🍹 🌸 🍨

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is normally a complaint for the autumn thread but I've had TWO massive spiders in the house in one night!! What is going on!!
One was right next to me on the wall next to my bed as well😭😭 Don't know if I can sleep now 🥺
AND it's forced me to close the window so I'll be too hot to sleep anyway 😥😥😥

• Sad
Reactions: 7
This is normally a complaint for the autumn thread but I've had TWO massive spiders in the house in one night!! What is going on!!
One was right next to me on the wall next to my bed as well😭😭 Don't know if I can sleep now 🥺
AND it's forced me to close the window so I'll be too hot to sleep anyway 😥😥😥
Oh I always close my windows at night as I have a fear of spiders coming in when I'm asleep. 😊

Absolutely loving this weather and the start of my gardening journey (newish home owner) however my water butt is empty and my outdoor tap is currently broken! My compost is so dry, I’m added in mulch to help retain some water but it’s still dry.

Can’t believe I’m actually wanting a dash of rain 😂

Reactions: 3
Is there a summer thread? I’m already loving the sunshine and lack of jacket wearing. Can’t beat reading a book outside with a cold drink without a cloud in the sky.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Currently sat in the garden watching 3 bees on my bush (can’t remember the name of it) this is about as much heat as I can tolerate, plus there’s a lovely breeze every so often.
9BE7F9BB-80D8-414F-B21D-434C2365045B.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just done my pre-summer Boots haul! Sun cream, lighter skincare, mini toiletries for my holiday. Summer is coming!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just done my pre-summer Boots haul! Sun cream, lighter skincare, mini toiletries for my holiday. Summer is coming!
Ooo where are you going on holiday. We have booked Spain for august and I can’t wait. I was looking at beach towels this afternoon 🤣🤣. Asda have got some really cute patterns