Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Oh I loved those episodes too…
Every so often we just pick a couple of random episodes to watch.
I rewatched the whole show on dvd in order, years back, but as good as the show is it's hard with so many other stuff to view or catch up with these days.
The Sopranos would definitely be in my top 3 of anything though.

Reactions: 3

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I haven’t watched since it originally came out. I was obsessed and loved the theme tune. Your posts are making me want to watch again. Such a great series, one of the greatest

Reactions: 3

StrattyNeet

I might watch The Wire, as a few have recommended that series to me.
Now don’t come for me... But I feel The Wire just edges The Sopranos. It’s a slow burner. And like The Sopranos is brilliantly written. Unlike The Sopranos it hasn’t so much of the humour. But that being said there is enough humour as characters develop. Idris Elba and Dominic West in their break out roles. Brits having the talent and swagger to play alongside many Maryland born and bred actors. Way back when it wasn’t fashionable. Amazing.

Reactions: 2

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
OK as promised I'm back with my thoughts 😂 I've just about finished season 5. My favourite characters are Furio, Junior, Paulie and Silvio! Although I've just finished the episode where Adriana dies, omg I haven't really gotten emotional at any particular scene so far but I was sick to my stomach watching it and it made me hate them all and almost not want to watch anymore! It was horrible watching her get abused by Chris so much, but still stick by him through everything, and knowing what I do now - without a chance at a happy ending ☹.

Despite Carmela being a total hypocrite for obvious reasons - I really like her too. Oh and agree with whoever said they couldn't stand Janice and AJ - Janice is such a nasty, manipulative person (practically stalking Bobby after Karen died because she wanted him for herself?? Telling him he should get over it?) and AJ, omg! The way he treats Carmela and Tony, and everyone really (he can't even say hello to people when they come over to the house??), but I hate seeing him getting smacked around so much by Tony too. If I had to guess it's because Tony sees a lot of himself in AJ and he resents it? Still no excuse though.

Even though I haven't finished it's easily one of the best things I've ever watched - people rave about Breaking Bad but I think this trumps that to be honest!
20221005_093133.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Haha

LinaLamont

Nah. I think he’s great. Spoilt mummy’s boy. Carmella was NEVR going to let him go into waste management. So AJ is what you end up getting if you’re not academic. A spoilt prat. Great character
Oh no I understand why he’s a spoiled loser but I find him almost unwatchable. I don’t particularly rate Robert Iler tbh so maybe a better actor could’ve brought something more to the part.
86D1D555-83EF-49AE-92C9-93BE2995E462.gif

MrsSoprano

I copied my dad's DVD boxset to my NASbox, with the intention of watching this highly praised show, but never really got round to doing so, probably because I thought it would be a violent gangster/Godfather type of affair with very little story and lots of guns and bullets.

Breaking Bad, was another highly praised show that I watched but gave up on after season 2. I just hope when I do finally get round to watching The Sopranos the same won't happen.
I got bored of breaking bad, Sopranos do have violent scenes but have brilliant story lines and the characters are the best compared to any other show, hope you get to enjoy it soon

• Heart

tarahalls

Chatty Member
I think I tried an episode but couldn't really get into it. Is it a slow burner?
It’s really bizarre but I loved it! Not one to watch if you’re PC because some parts idk how they got away with but he’s such a loveable rogue I was sad when it ended. It’s a shame it wasn’t wrapped up properly tho because it was supposed to follow on then got cancelled.

Reactions: 1

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I enjoyed the episodes set in Italy. Weren't they very dissatisfied that there was no 'gravy' with their pasta?! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

LouSV

Chatty Member
Decided to watch 'Pine Barrens' last night, followed by next episode 'Amour Fou' where Tony's fling with Gloria goes off the rails & Jackie Aprilla jnr gets ideas above his station.
Just brilliant
Oh I loved those episodes too…

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Just nearing the end of my 5th viewing of the complete show
I am on the part where Vito is discovered as being a secretly gay man and he flees to New Hampshire, great acting , sad storyline. Love , love , love the Sopranos.
I was actually booked to go on a Sopranos tour of New Jersey next month, sadly had to cancel, I would have loved to have seen the famous sites of the series I love so much..
Aw it’s a shame you had to cancel! I’d love to do the tour too. Such a great show!

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I got bored of breaking bad, Sopranos do have violent scenes but have brilliant story lines and the characters are the best compared to any other show, hope you get to enjoy it soon
Thanks!

I love good stories/story arcs and 3 dimensional characters. I don't mind the sex/violence if its justified. But I watched Breaking Bad with high hopes, but gave up by S2.

My favourite TV drama is "The Wire", followed by "The West Wing". I just hope The Sopranos will keep me engrossed when I do finally sit down and watch it :)