Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Long Term Parking episode was Adrianna’s demise. She wanted the married life with Christopher, away from it all. I felt so sorry for her when the FBI nicked her.

That vomiting scene over the table was funny though. 🤣
And when 'Cwistopher' sat on the dog!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Sketchy

VIP Member
I only discovered The Sopranos a couple of years ago and binge-watched most of it, got a bit addicted tbh - only the house going on fire would've moved my arse from the sofa. Also just discovered Breaking Bad too during lock-down and can honestly say BB and The Sopranos are the two best things ever on telly. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 6

LinaLamont

Christopher’s intervention episode is another favourite. Silvio’s little speech and Tony’s “you killed da dawg?!” get me every time. Ok, I need to rewatch 😅

• Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
"Ooof Madone! He looks terrible!"

I loved this show. I loved the complex women and didn't just have them as afterthoughts - the toxic Liv, Carmela and her hypocrisy, Dr Melfi getting sucked in... superb.

• Heart

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Best Show Ever! Ralphy was my least fav character! Oh Adriannas death has me 😭 everytime! I can’t even recall how many times I’ve watched it! Pine Barrens best episode 😂
Long Term Parking episode was Adrianna’s demise. She wanted the married life with Christopher, away from it all. I felt so sorry for her when the FBI nicked her.

That vomiting scene over the table was funny though. 🤣

Yes I remember Ritchie, did anyone else feel really sorry for young Jackie?
Also anyone else get the munchies for pasta and wine while watching? 😂
I always wanted to go and raid Satriales. 🤣

Now I am very excited about this thread....loved the sopranos, no tv show will ever be as good in my opinion
The whole mob/New Jersey vibe, Tony was awesome.
Some great scenes, grisly with a little touch of humour.
only thing I didn’t care for were the ‘dream scenes’
Loved so much the scenes with Chris and Adrianna
Ralphy was absolutely absorbing to watch , the joke about genies wart on her arse! 🤣
...I could probably talk all day about this , it’s the greatest TV ever.
I think I have watched the whole thing 6 times and every time I love it just as much..

Ralphy ..yes he was amazing, does anyone remember Richie ? He was a horrible character, Janice sure knew how to pick them 🤣
I hated Ritchie, such a creepy bloke.

LouSV

Chatty Member
Now I am very excited about this thread....loved the sopranos, no tv show will ever be as good in my opinion
The whole mob/New Jersey vibe, Tony was awesome.
Some great scenes, grisly with a little touch of humour.
only thing I didn’t care for were the ‘dream scenes’
Loved so much the scenes with Chris and Adrianna
Ralphy was absolutely absorbing to watch , the joke about genies wart on her arse! 🤣
...I could probably talk all day about this , it’s the greatest TV ever.
I think I have watched the whole thing 6 times and every time I love it just as much..

Ralphy was loathsome but the actor was incredible imo like no one else could’ve played him. The scene where he calls Paulie’s mum makes me howl. So excited for The Many Saints of Newark!
Ralphy ..yes he was amazing, does anyone remember Richie ? He was a horrible character, Janice sure knew how to pick them 🤣

Last edited:

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
He was an interior decorator.. killed 16 Czechoslovakians.

What a character. RIP paulie. And sonny corleone too!

Best series of all time in my opinion too, will never be topped.
His house looked like shit!

I can’t imagine anyone else playing Paulie. An iconic character.

RIP Tony Sirico. 🕊

• Haha
  • Heart

Scandalous_Purpose

without a doubt i believe tony got whacked at the end, i genuinely don’t think i could hear an argument that would persuade me to think otherwise, all the signs are there! best ending ever also!

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
We're on season 6 now and its just so good. So well made. Such small details make it.

We're on the episode where Vito is back in town and the New York crew get him at his motel, Phil just coming out of the closet. Sooo understated and well done.

Im already feeling sad that we've not many episodes to go.

Last edited:
  • Heart

MrsSoprano

Yes I remember Ritchie, did anyone else feel really sorry for young Jackie?
Also anyone else get the munchies for pasta and wine while watching? 😂

• Haha

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Thanks!

I love good stories/story arcs and 3 dimensional characters. I don't mind the sex/violence if its justified. But I watched Breaking Bad with high hopes, but gave up by S2.

My favourite TV drama is "The Wire", followed by "The West Wing". I just hope The Sopranos will keep me engrossed when I do finally sit down and watch it :)
I think you have to watch The Sopranos a few times to get the subtle references to what goes on in each episode. It is very cleverly written and many people think it is all gore and violence and that is that, but it’s not. There are very many tender scenes which tug at your emotions, which we can all identify with. There are also some very funny moments too.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Great show, though it did take me and my husband about 3 series to properly get into it. We've been talking about it a lot recently. Favourite moments...Pine Barrens (one of the best episodes of TV ever!), Tony killing Christopher, Dr Melfy's will she/won't she tell Tony about the rape, killing Pussy on the boat, Adriana's death, Ralphy's wig, Whitecaps...and every single one of Paulie's 'oohhhhhhhh's :ROFLMAO: (there is actually a compilation of that on YouTube, I watched it the other day!).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

Lola Ruby

Love that there's a thread on this! I'd actually just posted that I'd started watching in the What are you watching thread yesterday. Just started episode 8, season 1 and probably won't read through this thread too much for now to skip the spoilers 😂 So I'll probably post more with my thoughts when I'm a bit further in. Loving it so far and can see why it's rated so highly!

• Heart

IamHealthVisitor

Chatty Member
My favourite TV show of all time, just absolutely hate Meadow and all the stupid faces she pulls all the time, absolute spoil stuck up mare

LouSV

Chatty Member
Just nearing the end of my 5th viewing of the complete show
I am on the part where Vito is discovered as being a secretly gay man and he flees to New Hampshire, great acting , sad storyline. Love , love , love the Sopranos.
I was actually booked to go on a Sopranos tour of New Jersey next month, sadly had to cancel, I would have loved to have seen the famous sites of the series I love so much..

• Heart