The Small Changes Support Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right. Next year (Boris willing) I'm going to be sociable. I always used to be, but then I became so self-conscious and now I struggle big-time with social anxiety. But duck it, I'm going to start saying yes, trying new things and meeting new people.

It's like a job interview, even if being sociable goes poorly I can learn from it for next time.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Okay, so... I've thought of a bunch of small and bigger things I want to change and I don't want to tie it all tp the New Year resolutions and fail, so I'll spread it and prioritize one or the other depending on what kind of a headspace I'm in.

- Mindless snacking: I feel better when I eat 3 full meals a day and keep snacks to a bare minimum, i.e. when I'm actually hungry before meal times, or to have something sweet with my tea in the afternoon. I no longer bring snacks to the office for this reason, and stop myself from helping myself to the biscuits or crackers lying around. It's frustrating when I just want to eat something out of boredom but harder to break the habit if I keep indulging.

- No/less phone time when I wake up: I really struggle with this and the main reason is that I want to procrastinate because I don't want to get up and get ready for work, at all, but being late because I've been too busy mindlessly scrolling in bed is a lot more stressful than facing the day. I was always an early riser but my mental health has been spiraling for a while and I'm finding it difficult to stick to my usual routine. I'll make an effort to get enough sleep and wake up on time. Downloaded an app called sleep tracker, it's a simple thing that tells you what time to wake up to make sure you wake up at the end of a cycle, or when you should sleep if you want to get up at a certain time. I've tried it a couple of times, and it's shocking how easier I found it to gather my thoughts. I'll make a habit of sticking to this.

- Sorting out my finances: I was really good at keeping up woth my expenses and income up until April but all that tracking has gone down the drain. I'll go back to doing a weekly evaluation, and keeping track of what I spend every day.

- Catching up with doctor's appointments: I have a bunch of doctor visits that I need to get out of the way. I've been postponing absolutely everything, and I want to make sure my knee is okay before I try pilates. I also need my medication adjusted for hashimotos, and I haven't had a blood test in over a year, despite needing to visit my doctor twice a year lol. December-January will see these appointments done, I'm tired of the feeling of an unfinished task.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So I’ve thought of a few too

- no more fizzy drinks/energy drinks. I never buy myself them but my boyfriend always buys them and I just drink it cos he’s got me them. I’m just gonna limit myself to drinking fizzy drinks (coca cola) when I go for a meal out and eventually phase it out altogether. When my bf buys me them I’m just gonna put it in the fridge and say he can have it

- exercise more. I usually do but this week I’ve let myself go and haven’t done any. I’ve took my Fitbit off this week cos i cba looking at numbers and seeing how little I’ve done. I’ve felt rough and with the baby not sleeping I’ve not done any get fit with ricks or any of my walks! So this is more for ASAP I wanna get back into my exercise routine

- be more positive. I got upset the other day and my boyfriend said I was the most negative person he knows 😩 I don’t wanna have that title so I’ve told myself to be more positive and to see the good in things cos according to my bf whenever something happens I always see the bad, and get upset. So I wanna stop

woop woop

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I would like to exercise more too, I was such a fitness fanatic and was proper focused with the wedding and I felt great for it too! Now I've let myself go and I feel frumpy and my energy levels are crap!

Caffeine reduction is going well, only having one cup of coffee in the morning and the rest is tea/herbal/decaff tea ( I LOVE the bedtime tea from Yorkshire tea) or hot chocolates! (it's cold atm I like a hot drink to warm me up 😂)

One of my others is my skincare, I just quickly take my make off and not use any of my serums or even moisturisers anymore, even if it's just the evenings that'll be a step up

Less phone time in general should be on this list tbh, I spend way too long strolling instagram and Tik Tok 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have you tried the tea and biscuits one @make-mine-whiskey there’s also a jam on toast flavoured tea but don’t think I’ll be trying that one 😂

ooh the skincare one is good. I usually follow a strict skincare routine but I’ve let slip the last couple weeks so could do with getting back at it

Reactions: 2
I have it's good! Yeah the jam one tastes like sweet milky water, it's weird don't do it 😂

My MIL popped over today and said to hubs that she is feeling really lonely atm and starting crying, she is lovely and we don't see her much,
so I think making more time for others instead of being a hermit at weekends would be a good small change to add for myself too

This list is getting very long 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I realised earlier today that I've been so cruel to myself recently - I've been putting myself down, nitpicking at everything I've done, and feeling like a failure - then I spend all my time worrying about not doing, instead of actually doing.

So I decided today (day off work) that I'd just do whatever I wanted... and I've got loads of 'needs-to-do' items done today in-between some 'fun-to-do' items.

So I'm going to focus on being kinder to myself, letting myself have some fun, and then doing my to-do-list in pieces, rather than spending all my time feeling bad that I haven't done enough, or feeling guilty that I'm having fun when I could be more productive.

Also, finally give up chocolate. I'm back to having daily headaches (and daily chocolate) but I'm going to need to fully cut it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I charged my fit bit last night! And put it on for bed so I woke up with it on

ive done 3 get fit with Rick workouts. I cannot stress how much I love these 😂 their so fun. Their just so nice and quick, I do them whilst the baby is entertained and their only 10 mins and they get my steps up and burn some calories. Sometimes, they just really improve my mood and that’s what I like more than the workout side of it

not going out today, babies still ill/it’s raining so I’m glad I’ve got back into my get fit with ricks. I’d done 7,000 steps by 11am just doing them so I’m happy! Just gonna make sure I don’t get into a slump again

oh and I’ve not had a fizzy drink for TWO days 😂

• Heart
I decided that, rather than do another crash diet, to just start eating at a healthier deficit and to allow myself whatever fits into it rather than restricting certain foods / food types again.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think I’m going to have to start get fit with rick I’ve never heard of it until coming on these threads 😆

Reactions: 1
I love a get fit with Rick too 😂

skincare is going well guys, I’ve even been doing it in the morning too and my complexion is starting to smooth out again 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a can of coke last night 😅 could job they don’t have cocaine in them anymore otherwise I’d be well worse

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I want to work on my anxiety, / confidence whatever it is . I used to take myself out and about and I don't anymore . It's partly anxiety,I think , and partly thr hassle of getting the kids ready and getting them out the house and into the car and then out at the other side.
I also think lockdown hasn't helped, I've heard a few people say it takes them so much effort to go on outings they used to .

My posture. I have rubbish posture and it's so hard to improve. It sounds like it should be so simple just to hold my body correctly, but I find it impossible.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I managed two days at 4 cans of pepsi max and I've only had 2 so far today, but have a big headache coming on so will have 3 or 4. I'm hoping to cut it down to 3.5 cans on Saturday.

Me on this thread: Yeah, I've cut down my caffeine a lot in the past few days.
Me on the chit-chat thread: I have no idea why I'm sleeping so much more the past few days.

• Haha