The Small Changes Support Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A supportive thread for anyone who want to make small (and big) positive changes in their lives!

Whether you want to eat healthier food, cut back on your vices, be more organised, finally sort out that cupboard, be more social offline, improve your budgeting or consistently get fit with Rick... anything you like.

Weight related goals are welcome here but if you're interested in discussing detailed information about diets/calories/weight loss then you'll probably prefer the weight loss threads: https://tattle.life/tags/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/

• Heart
Reactions: 8
One small change/goal for me is to monitor and reduce my sugar intake.
My main problem is fizzy drinks. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has managed to kick a fizzy drink habit/cravings.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My main problem is fizzy drinks. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has managed to kick a fizzy drink habit/cravings.
Same! I really want to knock my coca cola habit on the head. I went 14 days without any Coca Cola or fizzy drinks and one day randomly my boyfriend got me a can and I’ve been back on it since. I don’t drink it everyday maybe like 3-4 cans a week but I still don’t want to drink it at all

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you for making this thread!! I love a place where it's not entirely focused on numbers or weight loss 💗

There are some changes I want to make for myself, like sorting out my knee and starting to exercise, and not reaching for food as my only comfort. I also want to make an effort to see friends more often, despite my never-ending need to be by myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I drink waaaay too much caffeine and alcohol, defo would like to limit that! Any tips for the caffeine because I'm flagging by 2pm 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm another one who could do with knocking the caffeine on the head - I don't drink coffee but I do have a few-cans-a-day Pepsi Max habit. I've tried cold turkey but the headaches are too strong to cut it straight out.

That'll be my first small change - maximum of four cans per day starting tomorrow. When my body is used to having four (without falling asleep at my desk :LOL: ), then I can reduce it further.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm another one who could do with knocking the caffeine on the head - I don't drink coffee but I do have a few-cans-a-day Pepsi Max habit. I've tried cold turkey but the headaches are too strong to cut it straight out.

That'll be my first small change - maximum of four cans per day starting tomorrow. When my body is used to having four (without falling asleep at my desk :LOL: ), then I can reduce it further.
You've got this!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I need to Drink more water. I start off well first thing with 2 glasses of warm water, always with good intentions that I’ll drink regularly throughout the day. It never happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I need to Drink more water. I start off well first thing with 2 glasses of warm water, always with good intentions that I’ll drink regularly throughout the day. It never happens.
I have one of those 2ltr water bottles from Amazon, they're good! I fill it up in the morning and drink it through the day at work

• Heart
I need to stop drinking fizzy drinks too, not just for the sugar intake but because after years of drinking fizzy drinks and smoking (which I’ve recently given up) my teeth are quite yellow and I want to get them whiter ready for my wedding!! Any tips on whitening teeth?

• Heart
I need to stop drinking fizzy drinks too, not just for the sugar intake but because after years of drinking fizzy drinks and smoking (which I’ve recently given up) my teeth are quite yellow and I want to get them whiter ready for my wedding!! Any tips on whitening teeth?
Drink everything through a straw, brush with whitening toothpaste twice daily, and those strip things you can get as well (although they're expensive)

Drink everything through a straw, brush with whitening toothpaste twice daily, and those strip things you can get as well (although they're expensive)
Thanks I have been using a whitening toothpaste, mouthwash and those strips and noticed a bit of difference, but I think I’m too impatient and expecting to have Rylan Clarke teeth overnight 🤣

• Haha
Crest whitening strips

I drank so much water today. Whenever I felt like a can of coke, I thought of this thread and went for the water instead!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Jumping on the drinking more water bandwagon. Ever since I got back to the office, my water intake has plummeted. Going to fill my bottle for the night now, and tomorrow I'll also finish my bottle at work ⛲

• Heart
Oh gosh you’re making me feel bad I just started a bottle of Diet Coke 😖 I’ve got no will power

• Heart
Reactions: 3