The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I haven't played Sims since the PS2 about 20 years or more ago, what one would you suggest downloading to get back into it?
 
If I haven't played Sims since the PS2 about 20 years or more ago, what one would you suggest downloading to get back into it?
PC! Definitely, I find the PS4 versions very lack lustre, and not easy to use (might just be because I’m used to pc 😂) You can also find the pc version of sims for free on some sites
 
I’m 28 and I think the first one I played was the sims 2 busting out, then the urbz on ps2 😆 ever since lockdown I got addicted to sims 4 again and started downloading custom content and mods ☺ I love watching simmers on YouTube too I find it so therapeutic 😛
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I’m 28 and I think the first one I played was the sims 2 busting out, then the urbz on ps2 😆 ever since lockdown I got addicted to sims 4 again and started downloading custom content and mods ☺ I love watching simmers on YouTube too I find it so therapeutic 😛
Yes! There are a couple of great YouTube Sim expert people and they make such good videos. So many ideas for houses you can make and challenges you could do. What I love about the Sims is that it’s a great form of escapism. If I’ve had a stressful day my mind will just disappear into the Sims.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Which mods would people recommend- really eager to try some but no idea where to start.
 
Omg so glad to have found this thread!! I first started playing it when I was 8 and I’m still playing it at 22 😂

I loveeee sims 2. The expansions were amazing - Bon Voyage was the best! And the family backstories were so well thought out. Also loved the wants and fears feature

Sims 3 is my probably favourite. Even though the sims look like potatoes (god bless cc) and the game can be super slow, I never find myself getting bored on it

I enjoy sims 4 but it feels very repetitive. I wish there were more traits and aspirations, and just more to do in general. I don’t enjoy building, so that side doesn’t appeal to me

I also loved the sims 2 ds game!!! Running the hotel was so fun. Although I’ll never forget the pain of having to find 5 mechanical skill points!!

The sims 2 PSP game was also brilliant. There was that scary beast that would get you if you were out in the town at night!! I really want to replay it now!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Omg so glad to have found this thread!! I first started playing it when I was 8 and I’m still playing it at 22 😂

I loveeee sims 2. The expansions were amazing - Bon Voyage was the best! And the family backstories were so well thought out. Also loved the wants and fears feature

Sims 3 is my probably favourite. Even though the sims look like potatoes (god bless cc) and the game can be super slow, I never find myself getting bored on it

I enjoy sims 4 but it feels very repetitive. I wish there were more traits and aspirations, and just more to do in general. I don’t enjoy building, so that side doesn’t appeal to me

I also loved the sims 2 ds game!!! Running the hotel was so fun. Although I’ll never forget the pain of having to find 5 mechanical skill points!!

The sims 2 PSP game was also brilliant. There was that scary beast that would get you if you were out in the town at night!! I really want to replay it now!!
With the Sims 4 I hate that you can’t freely walk about the map as you could with the Sims 3. I used to spend hours walking the map, looking for gems and seeds 😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Which mods would people recommend- really eager to try some but no idea where to start.
Basemental - alcohol, drugs, addiction buffs and gangs
Wicked whims - it adds stuff like sex, periods, realistic changes of pregnancy
roBurkys meaningful stories - sims 4 has no drama so it gives some sort of story to go along with and helps your sim kind of to be less robotic and more human.
Slice of Life - random events, I forget what it does but I know i like it and a lot of others like it too.
DaSim dating app - basically like tinder but for your Sim!

I have a few more, I’ll boot up my PC later and have a look for you!
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Basemental - alcohol, drugs, addiction buffs and gangs
Wicked whims - it adds stuff like sex, periods, realistic changes of pregnancy
roBurkys meaningful stories - sims 4 has no drama so it gives some sort of story to go along with and helps your sim kind of to be less robotic and more human.
Slice of Life - random events, I forget what it does but I know i like it and a lot of others like it too.
DaSim dating app - basically like tinder but for your Sim!

I have a few more, I’ll boot up my PC later and have a look for you!
Relationship and wellness mod! You can chose to just be causal with someone and ask for the to do STI tests, etc! Also for pregnancy, you can become a surrogate! Or have someone carry your baby!
 
Relationship and wellness mod! You can chose to just be causal with someone and ask for the to do STI tests, etc! Also for pregnancy, you can become a surrogate! Or have someone carry your baby!
Ah yes and the stds are called something else! Can you now use a surrogate? Is that a new update feature? I haven’t played in a hot minute as I have to get into the mood for it!
 
My dream game would be Sims 3 gameplay with the genetics of Sims 2... I loved the open world and the extent of how customisable everything was for build/buy/clothes but I really missed getting proper legacy families going because they all looked the same. Even if you deliberately gave them distinctive features, within a couple of generations they were totally generic looking again.

Sims 4 has brought some of that back but I feel like I play the same game over and over with different families... I find the lack of open world really restrictive and once I have more than a couple of Sims I don’t like leaving the home lot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Basemental - alcohol, drugs, addiction buffs and gangs
Wicked whims - it adds stuff like sex, periods, realistic changes of pregnancy
roBurkys meaningful stories - sims 4 has no drama so it gives some sort of story to go along with and helps your sim kind of to be less robotic and more human.
Slice of Life - random events, I forget what it does but I know i like it and a lot of others like it too.
DaSim dating app - basically like tinder but for your Sim!

I have a few more, I’ll boot up my PC later and have a look for you!
Yes to all of these 😁 Although I never tried that story one! Slice of life has acne, illnesses, periods, more phone options! Also woohoo wellness is a mod where it gives your sims a trait such as “wants a baby” or “does not want a pregnancy now” so they get depressed or tense when they get pregnant and can get ultrasounds and go to the gynecologist or get abortions, i think it adds more realism to the game.

Yes to all of these 😁 Although I never tried that story one! Slice of life has acne, illnesses, periods, more phone options!

Also woohoo wellness is a mod where it gives your sims a trait such as “wants a baby” or “does not want a pregnancy now” so they get depressed or tense when they get pregnant and can get ultrasounds and go to the gynecologist or get abortions, i think it adds more realism to the game.

Another good one is memorable events by same creator of slice of life-kawaii stacie (you can have more options for events like baby showers,funerals,graduation parties etc)

Extreme violence is another good mod by sachrificial
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I’m 28 and I think the first one I played was the sims 2 busting out, then the urbz on ps2 😆 ever since lockdown I got addicted to sims 4 again and started downloading custom content and mods ☺ I love watching simmers on YouTube too I find it so therapeutic 😛
I loved busting out!!! 😂
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Bustin’ out on the PS2 was amazing! They should bring that format back for the console versions it works so much better.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Bustin’ out on the PS2 was amazing! They should bring that format back for the console versions it works so much better.
When I think back to playing sims 2 busting out as a kid it was SO much harder to take care of sims 🤣 my sims used to always miss work in one particular house because of a housemate blocking the door when he was going to work too so I locked him outside in a fenced off area with a bed, toilet and fridge 😂😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
When I think back to playing sims 2 busting out as a kid it was SO much harder to take care of sims 🤣 my sims used to always miss work in one particular house because of a housemate blocking the door when he was going to work too so I locked him outside in a fenced off area with a bed, toilet and fridge 😂😂
That’s hilarious! I once made a Big Brother house with eight housemates and then locked all the doors so nobody could leave. It was a basic house with only a few toilets and a shower and none of them had any skills so on the few occasions they had food and tried to cook, there would be fires set off 😂 People would get “evicted” which just meant I put them in a small room with no toilet or beds so they went crazy and then go back into the main house as a “secret twist” after a few days 😂😂😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 11
That’s hilarious! I once made a Big Brother house with eight housemates and then locked all the doors so nobody could leave. It was a basic house with only a few toilets and a shower and none of them had any skills so on the few occasions they had food and tried to cook, there would be fires set off 😂 People would get “evicted” which just meant I put them in a small room with no toilet or beds so they went crazy and then go back into the main house as a “secret twist” after a few days 😂😂😂
I am so impressed with your cruel innovations 😂 that sounds so entertaining!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
omg just seeing this thread now!!

klapaucius;!;!;!;!;!;!
rosebud;!;!;!;!;;!;!;!

*checks bank account*
 
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
On my Sims 4 game I've got the sex mod, murder/violence/gang mob, Only fans mod. It's absolutely nuts to be honest, it's like playing GTA again but I get to make my own storylines. My current one is that the boys mother was neglectful, her boyfriend was nuts. So I made the son kill them both. He's constantly mugging, murdering other townies. But he's currently engaged right now, he killed the people in one of the houses and now he moved in with his girlfriend. They've got a baby on the way. He's a current top mobster too. :ROFLMAO:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.