The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I played Theme Hospital yesterday. Trying to make my mind up over downloading two point hospital

Reactions: 3
I love city living too but I think that’s because I’m a city person 😅 I love the apartments you get in it🤩
I like City Living too! The noisy neighbours trait does my head in though so I always get rid if that straight away.

I played Theme Hospital yesterday. Trying to make my mind up over downloading two point hospital
I LOVE Theme Hospital but I couldn’t get into Two Point Hospital. Ended up rage-quitting after failing the same level over and over again :LOL:

• Haha
See I could never finish the original Theme Hospital even playing it as an adult. But I did eventually manage to finish 2 point with all my hospitals at 3 stars! Took a while but I did it😂

The trick is to get your staff as highly trained in their fields as you can so they can sort patients out quicker and reduce deaths. I usually end up with about 4 gp surgeries and sometimes multiple treatment rooms too to keep up with demand. Also don’t grow your hospital too fast otherwise you’ll run out of cash!

See I could never finish the original Theme Hospital even playing it as an adult. But I did eventually manage to finish 2 point with all my hospitals at 3 stars! Took a while but I did it😂

The trick is to get your staff as highly trained in their fields as you can so they can sort patients out quicker and reduce deaths. I usually end up with about 4 gp surgeries and sometimes multiple treatment rooms too to keep up with demand. Also don’t grow your hospital too fast otherwise you’ll run out of cash!
The furthest I ever got with TH was when earthquakes started happening. Have no idea what level that was but could never get past it!

This thread is really bringing back nostalgia 😍

Reactions: 2
Which expansion packs for Sims 4 would people recommend?

Has anyone played the new Star Wars one?
City Living - plenty of new places to explore & introduces festivals, also Sims can live in apartments where they just pay rent rather than a big upfront payment. No vacant lots to build on though if that's your thing

Eco Lifestyle - plenty of content and new stuff, great fun to explore, introduces pollution levels and a bunch of community initiatives. I've seen people suggest that it promotes gentrification but I'm not sure how. You work with other Sims to clean up the town, it's not like it allows you to take over local businesses and put up a craft beer establishment instead

Seasons - introduces weather and a ton of new interactions and holidays however doesn't come with any new worlds

Get Together - Sims can now join social groups and party in clubs. Comes with a pretty world where there are lots of different places for Sims to hang out (cafes, a pub, a stately home ...)

Parenthood - really helpful if a lot of your Sims have children

Vampires - fun if you like vampires and gothy stuff. It also comes with cobwebs and cracks in the wall and so on that you can use to decorate houses for a more realistic look. Some players complain that vampires come in to feast on their Sims in the night but this has never been a problem for me. You can lock doors against vampires or put up some garlic if you need to

Backyard Stuff - "stuff pack", comes with water slides for Sims to play with

Last edited:
I want to buy more packs but I’ve spent so much on them over lockdown I can’t justify it 😂😅

Reactions: 1
Sims 2 is by far my favourite! I got every expansion pack and stuff pack for free from EA :) I think they are also doing it for the Sims 3 now as well as long as you have the actual disc for it, go to their chat help online and ask them and they will ask you to take a picture of the disc and that days date and send it and then they send you a link to download eeeeeeverything 😍

Sims 4 was bloody awful. I only played it a few times. I never played 3 so can’t compare it to that but I was shocked at how backwards the gameplay had gone. So babyish and basic.

omg that Is insane? what did you even ask them for them to give you the link?!
I LOVE the sims, even as a almost 30 year old. Spent so many days and nights playing the sims 1 when I was in junior school. Bricking it when the burglar used to come and you couldn't do anything hahah. Superstar was so difficult too I could never get more than 3 and a half stars! I miss being a kid :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have sims 4 but it's just not sims 3 is it. I don't play it because my mac is just not set up for games 😔 I installed it on an external drive at start of lockdown but soon got bored of it and it wasn't making my laptop happy. I really miss it 😂

I have sims 3 installed on Origin still but I genuinely do not remember ever playing it 🤣 I don't even remember when sims 4 came out, its like my sims memory has disappeared hahaha

I think it's good that I don't remember anything about sims 3. I just don't understand why they take certain things away when they release a new game. Why take cars away? Just why!?

Reactions: 1
If it was sims 3 game play, with sims 4 graphics, CAS mode and build and buy it'd be fab

Reactions: 7
I have recently re-purchased the Sims 3 for PC it was my all time favourite and I can’t stand the sims 4.
kind of regretting buying it now, think I should have just kept my happy memories in the past.
never thought I’d say that as I loved Sim1-3 so much.

Out of interest, how old is everyone who plays on the Sims? I’m 28 and have been playing on/off since I was about 11 (right from the beginning with the original Sims). I used to have huge binges and play for most of a day if it got really good. Now I play every few weeks when my kids have gone to bed if there isn’t anything else to do!

Reactions: 6
Out of interest, how old is everyone who plays on the Sims? I’m 28 and have been playing on/off since I was about 11 (right from the beginning with the original Sims). I used to have huge binges and play for most of a day if it got really good. Now I play every few weeks when my kids have gone to bed if there isn’t anything else to do!
I'm 25 and I love it 🤣 i wish I had more time to play it. I was bedbound the last bit of my pregnancy and I just played the Sims all day. Now I hardly play it I miss it 😭

The sims 2 was the best. I had like every expansion pack. I have sims 4 on the ps4 but it's nowhere near as good

Sims 2 was my favourite too I had every expansion pack I was obsessed.

I couldn’t get into sims 3 at all, have played sims 4 quite a lot in lockdown but would prefer to go back to sims 2 😂

I've played on and off since 10. Played most heavily between 14 and 16. I used to make people I fancied from school 😂 so embarrassing. Love games but don't have the time for it all anymore and don't have the right equipment. Wouldn't be worthwhile buying a gaming PC 😔 my gamer days are over

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm the same as you, I'm 28 and played since I was 10. I remember going to WHSmith on the weekend with my parents and being SO excited seeing the expansion packs on the shelf 🤣 Bloody loved Hot Date and On Holiday!!! I watched some throwback videos on youtube the other week and the nostalgia was amazing!

I enjoy playing Sims 4 but it's defo because I can't remember sims 3 lol. I have quite a few mods downloaded which makes it really fun and watch some youtubers which also really gets me into it!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.