The Sims

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Console and mobile always felt like Sims Lite to me! Could never get super into my games on there!

Reactions: 3
I am slightly scared, every Sims game from 2 onwards has gotten progressively worse with more and more content cut from the base game so people buy the expansions. Dread to think how baron the base game of Sims 5 will be.
I’m with you on that.. I don’t feel any excitement about Sims 5.. with each edition, they seem to lose features that we love, like roaming the map, furniture, cars, etc. I don’t know if I’ll bother with 5.

Reactions: 5
I am slightly scared, every Sims game from 2 onwards has gotten progressively worse with more and more content cut from the base game so people buy the expansions. Dread to think how baron the base game of Sims 5 will be.
I really liked the Sims 3 because of the open world feature but I find the Sims 4 really boring even though it looks nice. Every base game seems more bare than the last though.

I really liked the Sims 3 because of the open world feature but I find the Sims 4 really boring even though it looks nice. Every base game seems more bare than the last though.
Apart from having a few more traits, what did the Sims 4 really give us? I’m not sure I can think of much..

Apart from having a few more traits, what did the Sims 4 really give us? I’m not sure I can think of much..
It allowed Sims to do more than one thing at a time (i.e. they can eat a meal and watch tv and their hunger and fun would go up). Also it had that effect moodlet so if they were cold it'd negatively affect their mood. I think that got a bit repetative though and like you said, it doesn't really give us much more than the Sims 3 to be worth paying for the base game, game packs, expansions etc again.

Reactions: 2
It allowed Sims to do more than one thing at a time (i.e. they can eat a meal and watch tv and their hunger and fun would go up). Also it had that effect moodlet so if they were cold it'd negatively affect their mood. I think that got a bit repetative though and like you said, it doesn't really give us much more than the Sims 3 to be worth paying for the base game, game packs, expansions etc again.
I do think building got a lot more detailed!

I think the Sims 2 with all the expansion packs was definitely the best! I loved doing magic and buying businesses!

Reactions: 9
I do think building got a lot more detailed!
Oh yeah and wasn't it easier to build whole rooms? Didn't they get rid of the create-a-style feature though where you could customise patterns on curtains and furniture? (I can't remember, building is not my strong point in the sims 😂).

Oh yeah and wasn't it easier to build whole rooms? Didn't they get rid of the create-a-style feature though where you could customise patterns on curtains and furniture? (I can't remember, building is not my strong point in the sims 😂).
Yeah, they did away with that for the same reason as the open world, it made it slow to run and prone to errors. I LOVED it though, I do find I use the same colour options on the items every time so all my builds or renovations look the same... some of the colour ways are really horrible or they don’t go with other items.

Yeah, they did away with that for the same reason as the open world, it made it slow to run and prone to errors. I LOVED it though, I do find I use the same colour options on the items every time so all my builds or renovations look the same... some of the colour ways are really horrible or they don’t go with other items.
Exactly, now it is harder to match certain items. I can understand they did away with some features due to performance issues - the Sims 3 used to take a long time to load. I wonder if there was a way to meet in the middle and maybe in the Sims 5 have a few local community lots and neighbours in open world.

I haven't played Sims in years! I only every played the first one, and for a few years got obsessed with it. I do recall having kids was a bit hard work and I couldn't be bothered with them, so I'd kill them. Used to do a few other random killings, but I can't remember many now. I know I did the swimming pool with no steps, starving to death, exercising to death. Burning to death was a fun one. I'd create a load of trash and start cooking next to it to start a fire. They build walls around the fire and the sim. I think you could sell the gravestones too.

God, I sound like such an evil and sadistic person. I'm honestly really nice!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I haven't played Sims in years! I only every played the first one, and for a few years got obsessed with it. I do recall having kids was a bit hard work and I couldn't be bothered with them, so I'd kill them. Used to do a few other random killings, but I can't remember many now. I know I did the swimming pool with no steps, starving to death, exercising to death. Burning to death was a fun one. I'd create a load of trash and start cooking next to it to start a fire. They build walls around the fire and the sim. I think you could sell the gravestones too.

God, I sound like such an evil and sadistic person. I'm honestly really nice!

I do recall having kids was a bit hard work and I couldn't be bothered with them, so I'd kill them. Used to do a few other random killings, but I can't remember many now.

Crying at this 😂😂😂 it’s like confessions of a serial killer I love it 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I do recall having kids was a bit hard work and I couldn't be bothered with them, so I'd kill them. Used to do a few other random killings, but I can't remember many now.

Crying at this 😂😂😂 it’s like confessions of a serial killer I love it 😂😂
I didn’t think you could kill kids in sims 🤣🤣🤣
I had a few taken away by social services 😟
I once trapped the social worker in a room with my baby so she wouldn’t take it in sims 2 busting out by taking away all doors and windows away but she just disappeared after a while 😑

• Haha
The sims definitely brings out the low key weirdos in us all 😂

I quite like 4 but 2 was the best because it was SUCH a different world to the first one. All of the expansions were just nuts, and I had a couple (was pets 2? The holiday, the restaurant one) but GOD I swear pc’s back then had the tiniest memory and RAM it would take hours to load.

What I would give to be 17 and pretending to do coursework and having a 3 day binge on the sims 😂

Reactions: 8
Omg I used to hate it when social services came! They'd literally come if the baby started crying and your Sim didn't wake up and get out bed quick enough

Can't remember if I posted this before so sorry if I did. But I LOVE The Sims 2 soundtrack, I will listen to it while cleaning or trying to concentrate. I think my favourite original Sims expansion pack was Makin Magic and Sims Vacation. But overall, The Sims 2 is my favourite. I played 3 too and thought it was ok. I was so cruel as a kid... I would put the sim in the pool then remove the stairs put them in a room with a microwave, start a fire and remove the door. WTF was wrong with me.

• Heart
Can't remember if I posted this before so sorry if I did. But I LOVE The Sims 2 soundtrack, I will listen to it while cleaning or trying to concentrate. I think my favourite original Sims expansion pack was Makin Magic and Sims Vacation. But overall, The Sims 2 is my favourite. I played 3 too and thought it was ok. I was so cruel as a kid... I would put the sim in the pool then remove the stairs put them in a room with a microwave, start a fire and remove the door. WTF was wrong with me.

Oh my gosh you just gave me some incredible throw back feelings to being 12 years old 😅 that is fantastic!! Especially the vacation sound track. It’s amazing how a song takes you straight back!

Reactions: 4
Omg I used to hate it when social services came! They'd literally come if the baby started crying and your Sim didn't wake up and get out bed quick enough
Looking after babies was really hard. My Sims would just constantly faint because they were exhausted and always be hungry. I swear the only way you could take care of a kid in the Sims without it being taken away is if you had three unemployed adults in the household for nanny duties 😂

• Haha
Looking after babies was really hard. My Sims would just constantly faint because they were exhausted and always be hungry. I swear the only way you could take care of a kid in the Sims without it being taken away is if you had three unemployed adults in the household for nanny duties 😂
I'm sure one of my Sims died from exhaustion because she had twins 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.