The Sims #2 We still love it

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone buy For Rent yet? Do you like it/think it's worth it?
I had a quick go on it yesterday. so far undecided! I couldn't get the sims to pay rent which I think is a known glitch but I do like the extra bits it adds into the game.

Would say that I do think its overpriced for what it is (so far)

Reactions: 2
Still don't care about the new pack but I am absolutely thrilled to be able to change the windows in the San Myshuno apartments!!

Reactions: 5
I forgot there was a thread for The Sims. I've been out of the loop but wan't to start playing again. Could anyone recommend the best stuff/expansion/game packs to get? The last one I bought was University.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s subjective. My favourite Expansions are Seasons, horse Ranch, growing together, city living, cottage living and get together. Game packs i love are Parenthood, vampires and I can’t think of any more game packs st the moment, depends on your playstyle?

Thank you. I prefer playing as opposed to building. I used to enjoy making houses in previous games but find it too confusing on The Sims 4 or maybe I just realised all my builds are shite :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to help, but until recently, I barely had any packs and the ones I buy are pretty much just based on the build and buy catalogue 😅

I think James turner did a video recently om the most popular packs. Might be helpful for you!

Can anyone help me please. I’m trying to link my EA and Steam account so I can launch Sims 4 through Steam and although I’ve linked accounts the game isn’t showing in my Steam Library. I wanted to try the game on my Steam deck and thought this might be the easiest way to do it, thanks

Can anyone help me please. I’m trying to link my EA and Steam account so I can launch Sims 4 through Steam and although I’ve linked accounts the game isn’t showing in my Steam Library. I wanted to try the game on my Steam deck and thought this might be the easiest way to do it, thanks
I figured out that I just needed to download base game on the Steamdeck so now it’s downloading all my packs

Does anyone else really enjoy Lucid Simmer on YouTube ?

I'm such a fan of her Lucid legacy challenge it's so relaxing and her story telling imo is just the best .

I’ve been playing the Sims for the first time in ages! I really like the baby update, it’s better now that the baby doesn’t go straight to being a toddler!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I find the infant stage really irritating as I don’t have Growing Together, which I’m sure was their intention to try and sell it. I also find it makes it way trickier to have children close together in age because it becomes totally unmanageable. I wish you could do things like bathe toddlers/infants together!

Reactions: 4
I managed to download the entire sims 2 collection on my laptop and i'm having the time of my life lol. Can't believe how shite sims 4 is. I knew it anyway but now I'm playing sims 2 (no mods or cc btw) its even more evident

Reactions: 12
I was thrown by the title momentarily and expected to find you all playing The Sims 2!

Ive just installed castle kit, going to build a castle!

Girl math is doing everything you need to do on a weekend morning so you can play The Sims guilt free for the rest of the day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Sims 4?

I still have the original 'The Sims' from 2001 and most of the expansion packs. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Me too! I still play them! The game turned 24 yesterday!
All I will say is don't get roped into the crap 'freeplay' versions on Android and Apple.

All they are designed for is to extract as much £££ out you as possible, whilst offering an inferior experience.

Whilst they may start off like a regular game, you soon start hitting paywalls that require money to be spent, rather than waiting a long time.

That is one thing that was definately better in 2001.

None of this 'pay to win/progress' and 'in-app purchase' rip offs like you see today.

All I will say is don't get roped into the crap 'freeplay' versions on Android and Apple.

All they are designed for is to extract as much £££ out you as possible, whilst offering an inferior experience.

Whilst they may start off like a regular game, you soon start hitting paywalls that require money to be spent, rather than waiting a long time.

That is one thing that was definately better in 2001.

None of this 'pay to win/progress' and 'in-app purchase' rip offs like you see today.
Totally agree. I also think that the reliance on being able to roll out game updates via Origin/EA store has made the dev team super lazy about getting expansions ready and bug-free in time for release. The expansion packs used to represent great value for money to add so much new content and gameplay. Now, all the different types of pack are equally sparse and generally don’t work for months, by which point they have released a ton of the ‘exclusive’ features for free into the base game and heavily discounted the pack from its original price. I won’t spend money on them again and still prefer playing Sims 2 to Sims 4! I only go into 4 to satisfy my building itch every once in a while.

Reactions: 3